Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi (850 Views)

Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / Policeman To Tillaman: 'God Punish You And Your Alaafin Of Oyo Papa' / Tillaman Brutalized By Police In Lagos (Alaafin Of Oyo's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Racoon(m): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2022
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III was the longest-reigning ruler of the kingdom since his great-grandfather, Oba Atiba Atobatele founded New Oyo in the 1830s.

A direct descendant of Oranyan (founder of the Old Oyo Empire), Adeyemi III was also a boxer before ascending the throne of his fathers after the Nigerian Civil War.

Crowned on November 18, 1970, while succeeding Oba Gbadegesin Ladigbolu I, Iku Baba Yeye, as he was known popularly, would rule for 51 years and 5 months. The longest reign since Alaafin Oluaso in the 1400s.

Adeyemi III joined his ancestors on Friday, April 22, 2022, at the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti State in South-West Nigeria. He was 83.
https://twitter.com/HistoryVille/status/1517754453507682306?t=5MKIdd5Sn6bUzcWwX8JfYw&s=08
Lalasticlala

Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Racoon(m): 8:13am On Apr 23, 2022
More:

Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Racoon(m): 8:17am On Apr 23, 2022
You have served your time Iku babayeye. As with all mortals, it is time to move on. May your soul rest in peace.
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by dawnomike(m): 8:20am On Apr 23, 2022
He really enjoyed a long fruitful reign... Rest on Ikubabayeye
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by MadamVanessa(f): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2022
shocked

He loved fair young girls with lovely pussies hence he made any young girl he come across his wife. So far you're fair in complexion
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by illicit(m): 8:42am On Apr 23, 2022
Did he bleach ni

shocked
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by NwaAmaikpe: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2022
shocked

I've always admired the OP's for his rational and almost historical approach on forensic dissection of social and political matters.

But Racoon,

How will you write on "Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo" without mentioning how he was cheated out by ungrateful companies and the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria who never gave him as much as an ambassadorship or as little as a recognition for being the greatest patron of the Bleaching Cream industry in Nigeria?

I won't stand for injustice neither will I stand for history being rewritten, so pardon me for bringing it here. But, this is for posterity sake.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Racoon(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
But Racoon, How will you write on "Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo" without mentioning how he was cheated out by ungrateful companies and the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria who never gave him as much as an ambassadorship or as little as a recognition for being the greatest patron of the Bleaching Cream industry in Nigeria?

I won't stand for injustice neither will I stand for history being rewritten, so pardon me for bringing it here. But, this is for posterity sake.
Lol! Abeg let's respect the memories of the late Kabiyesi Appreciate the compliment man.
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by uchaymart(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I've always admired the OP's for his rational and almost historical approach on forensic dissection of social and political matters.

But Racoon,

How will you write on "Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo" without mentioning how he was cheated out by ungrateful companies and the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria who never gave him as much as an ambassadorship or as little as a recognition for being the greatest patron of the Bleaching Cream industry in Nigeria?

Hian!!!! you can not keep small secret, NwaAmaikpe

Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by tillaman(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 10:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Sirheny007(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2022
One thing is sure,
Aside carrying out his duties as Oba faithfully, he also spread his gospel among fair women quite enthusiastically. grin
...being fair himself grin shocked angry
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by ecolime(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But Racoon,

Your madness needs to be researched. You be real crackhead grin
Re: Historical Facts About The Late Alaafin Of Oyo - Oba Adeyemi by Keepamsafe: 8:28am On Apr 24, 2022
grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Top Celebrity Jokes (lol) / 10 Facts About Yul Edochie's SECOND WIFE, Judy Austin / Biyi Bandele Blood Sisters Movie Director Is Dead. What A Great Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.