Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage (1506 Views)

Please Help Save My Marriage / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / PLEASE SAVE A LIFE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nightaccountant(m): 1:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Please my dear nairalander, i sincerely need your help
Am married with a child but not yet wedded. I've completely settled her bride price list remaining their bride price token which rhe items required are kola nut and 120 naira and another #15 according to their traditional rites which I intend to payoff on our forthcoming traditional ceremony.
But here lies the problem, my wife is that kind of woman who sex starves his husband. She always expect me to beg repeatedly before she agrees to love making. She sees it as a weapon, and am growing tired cos it lowers self esteem ( someone who experienced it would understand better). Sometimes i struggle my way through while she's fast asleep but if she unfortunately wakes up she will be crying as if am ra**ing her. I don't know to do cos am not a woman type which she knows, am depressed b'cos its too early for this
Secondly she never apologize despite any gravity of her wrong doing. Instead she'll start giving me the silent treatment and plays the victim. I don't knpw if she sees it (marriage) as a competition. Recently she forgot my birthday making it thrice in a row despite alerting two days before it. And guess what she never apologized. She always wants to be treated like a queen while she never reciprocate.
I've had a heart to heart conversation about it to the extent I even woke the up at late hour (2am) to confront her about the consequences of her actions but all aids to nothing, gradually am losing the love I had for her but am just holding on for the sake of our child.
I cross heart i have never cheated on her but by the way things are going It seem like cheating might be my last lifeline which I might regret
Please I need your sincere advise cos it's early for these. Dear nairalander help save a marriage
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by gaby(m): 1:30am On Apr 24, 2022
You better leave that woman alone make you go find the woman wey God and nature don prepare for you before premium tears become your portion.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by libertyfather(m): 1:50am On Apr 24, 2022
You are the only one in love in the marriage, shes just there for a motive or nothing

3 Likes

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Apr 24, 2022
Nightaccountant:

I cross heart i have never cheated on her but by the way things are going It seem like cheating might be my last lifeline which I might regret
Please I need your sincere advise cos it's early for these. Dear nairalander help save a marriage
Have you consider engaging the aide of a professional marriage counselor at this point since it seems you think your wife is not giving much focus to your needs and desires in the marriage.

When it comes to marriage counseling,
▪︎It can help you clarify your feelings about your relationship.
▪︎It can help resolve relationship roadblocks before they become impasses
▪︎It can deepen intimacy and connection
▪︎It can help promote self-awareness and personal growth

1 Like

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by advanceDNA: 3:15am On Apr 24, 2022
Nightaccountant:
Am married with a child but not yet wedded. I've completely settled her bride price list remaining their bride price token which rhe items required are kola nut and 120 naira and another #15 according to their traditional rites which I intend to payoff on our forthcoming traditional ceremony.
But here lies the problem, my wife is that kind of woman who sex starves his husband. She always expect me to beg repeatedly before she agrees to love making. She sees it as a weapon, and am growing tired cos it lowers self esteem ( someone who experienced it would understand better). Sometimes i struggle my way through while she's fast asleep but if she unfortunately wakes up she will be crying as if am ra**ing her. I don't know to do cos am not a woman type which she knows, am depressed b'cos its too early for this
Secondly she never apologize despite any gravity of her wrong doing. Instead she'll start giving me the silent treatment and plays the victim. I don't knpw if she sees it (marriage) as a competition. Recently she forgot my birthday making it thrice in a row despite alerting two days before it. And guess what she never apologized. She always wants to be treated like a queen while she never reciprocate.
I've had a heart to heart conversation about it to the extent I even woke the up at late hour (2am) to confront her about the consequences of her actions but all aids to nothing, gradually am losing the love I had for her but am just holding on for the sake of our child.

U people will see red flag and still go ahead...
this woman no gbadun you....shes just with you to be a MRS...and to ennsure u care for the child u both created ....
don't use your money to invite frustration and hypertension....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:31am On Apr 24, 2022
Nightaccountant:

there are few things that i want to know like how is the child, what is her normal day like and how was sex before you married? Did giving birth affect her sex drive ?

most african men we demand sex instead of initiating it through many especially with digital era, text during the day how you miss making love to her etc by the time you get home she would be Hot

Try to help with house chores or being romantic eg while she cooking help her cutting oniions eyc or hold her say nice things eg baby the way your body is moving is killing me, by doing such your killing some reasons she might say like am tired you would have helped in chores hence no reason to say am tired

For not saying sorry dont always expect it in the heat or soon after a misunderstanding, its sometimes better to reengage the subject after few hours or day eg explaining yo point of view without being judged

The idea here is to exhaust any excuses your woman can use against you to deny you sex, after exhausting all avenues any reasonable person would be able to back you up

Finally tell her the truth that you are using sex a wreapon no different to a man who wont give wife money for food becoz he is pissed off with her

4 Likes

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Mooh247: 4:33am On Apr 24, 2022
cool

Why do you think most happily married men have side chick?! Even your Pastor and Imam has a side chick

Sometimes your rightful wife isn't your rightful bed partner.. this is where side chicks, hook ups fill the blank space

Seat her down and tell her you have sexual urges and would love to have sex Atleast once a week, you love her and that's why you haven't seeked sex outside, ask her how many times does she thinks you guys can make love in a month... If she gives a geniune answer then accept her flaws, but if she is trying to manipulate you, kindly seek sex outside and enjoy yourself

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Saynoomore: 4:44am On Apr 24, 2022
Avoid this woman completely. She will make you regret marrying her. Run now! Run!

1 Like

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Richy4(m): 6:14am On Apr 24, 2022

I'm gonna Agree with AdvanceDNA..U should have seen or dictated a little of this in your courtship before jumping in to marriage...

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's most probably a duck..
You should have seen those Ducky said of her that u don't fancy/ can't tolerate during courtship...But again the red rose spectacles people puts on during courtship that prevents normal individuals to see clearly may have played a part by preventing u to see...

Maybe you can seriously consider writing it out on how her recent behaviour is making u feel since talking to her directly isn't working... maybe the good old days My dearest Mrs Mary, notes will warm her heart...Write and leave it where she can see it and go to work smiley

But I thank God that Marriage is no longer a do or die in the process affairs ... If you can't stand the heat, u stay off the kitchen...
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by cavreek: 7:02am On Apr 24, 2022
Just a little reminder that marriage should be enjoyed not endured and from the look of things OP is enduring even though u've not fully completed the marriage rites
Pls take ur peace of mind seriously
Lastly, I learnt this early in life that never make a decision that can complicate ur life when it can be avoided early

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by ibechris(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2022
And u will still call her your loving wife...when it is clear u are only loving yourself.

After paying the token or whatever u call it,u will soon find the other side of her.

This kind of woman has no marriage goal but to be married.

Continue with her and see yourself declining in everything until it becomes a norm.

I don't support divorce but not when when nothing is working out for both party...why being together when the relationship is already soured from the onset.

Think twice for the sake of the baby between u guys.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by advanceDNA: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2022
Women......i want to ask something,

why is it that you people don't want to have sex unless you are hórny yet you don't want your man ever say no to you when you want it

its selfish and insensitive

ur man is Hot.. you know when he touches your nipples, kiss and finger you, you will enter mood.....so why the wickedness, pushing him away as if you won't enjoy the parole eventually

It's just plain witchcraft..
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2022
Another one is about to die early in marriage. Death sentence to all simps, op u deserves d punishment..
Imagine d rubbish u wrote their, a woman u paid her price is doing shakara in your house, u even went as far as mentioning loving her.
U see u having BP before your age, I see u dying before your time, onyl if u don't do d needful
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by frozen70(f): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2022
Nightaccountant:

You need to understand that marriage is game of two and your wife is not bothered about the situation

Just let her go she is not ready for marriage

You are too young to be suffering in marriage
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by yuping(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2022
undecided emotional touchure go later kill you if you no run from her.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by duduade: 10:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Lowers self esteem ke

Obviously you the woman in this relationship

If you know you are not happy

Take a walk
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by MARKone(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bro, a wife that forgets her husband's birthday 3 times in a row, clearly shows she is really not into you and anything that has to do with you is not her business, same thing applies to a wife when the husband keeps forgetting her birthday. You have three options here

1. Ignore her completely and be getting your sexual need outside, in this instance, it means the two of you are just living as roommates, the only unifying factor is your child.

2. Call your parents or the persons that went with you to fulfill some of the marital rites, that you are tired of the Union, you are lucky that you have not paid the bride price, and from the look of things, you've neither done, registry nor white wedding, so invariably, you guys are not even married.

3. Make mad Money, there something about money and women's libido, plenty money gets them wet most times.

If I were you, I'd go for option 3 if you really love her any or option two, but have it mind that they'll take the child away from you and she or he won't bear your surname, that is if it's Igbo culture. But at the end, it might worth it.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by efficiencie(m): 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nightaccountant:

Your wife needs deliverance. A spirit husband is worrying her head. If her marriage collapses her eye go clear. Take her for deliverance.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by poshestmina(f): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2022
Marriage never start, you don begin "holding on for the sake of your kid" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Don't sign your death warrant by yourself ,I don't think that woman will change.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Have you consider engaging the aide of a professional marriage counselor at this point since it seems you think your wife is not giving much focus to your needs and desires in the marriage.

When it comes to marriage counseling,
▪︎It can help you clarify your feelings about your relationship.
▪︎It can help resolve relationship roadblocks before they become impasses
▪︎It can deepen intimacy and connection
▪︎It can help promote self-awareness and personal growth

You are always talking about marriage counselor(or are you one) in all your post forgetting that not all marriage would survive (He is not even married yet). This one is in for a very long ride.

OP I know her type, they never change, they’ll frustrate you till you are forced to be really pissed and do something that you’ll regret. I’ll advice you let her be and don’t go into this marriage. You’ll divorce her eventually.

Receive sense
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Apr 25, 2022
burritto:
You are always talking about marriage counselor(or are you one) in all your post forgetting that not all marriage would survive (He is not even married yet). This one is in for a very long ride.

OP I know her type, they never change, they’ll frustrate you till you are forced to be really pissed and do something that you’ll regret. I’ll advice you let her be and don’t go into this marriage. You’ll divorce her eventually.
Receive sense
If you have no idea what purpose professional marriage counseling serves, ask please. undecided

A professional marriage counselor works more as a mediator to help couples dig down to the core of issues in their marriage guiding to and through whatever next phases they choose for themselves. Even if a couple decides in the end that divorce is the best next step, having a counselor sit between helps each spouse better understand and accept the decision. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 25, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

there are few things that i want to know like how is the child, what is her normal day like and how was sex before you married? Did giving birth affect her sex drive ?

most african men we demand sex instead of initiating it through many especially with digital era, text during the day how you miss making love to her etc by the time you get home she would be Hot

Try to help with house chores or being romantic eg while she cooking help her cutting oniions eyc or hold her say nice things eg baby the way your body is moving is killing me, by doing such your killing some reasons she might say like am tired you would have helped in chores hence no reason to say am tired

For not saying sorry dont always expect it in the heat or soon after a misunderstanding, its sometimes better to reengage the subject after few hours or day eg explaining yo point of view without being judged

The idea here is to exhaust any excuses your woman can use against you to deny you sex, after exhausting all avenues any reasonable person would be able to back you up

Finally tell her the truth that you are using sex a wreapon no different to a man who wont give wife money for food becoz he is pissed off with her

This kinda women know what they are doing, they’ll make you beg them for sex like they are doing you a favor by giving you sex. The emasculate you and your sex drive begins to go down.

When you want to initiate sex, they start acting like you’re disturbing them and ask you if it’s food and make you look like you are one sex starved pervert. They do it deliberately and use sex to reward you when you have done something good for them.

This kind manipulate you when they feel you can’t do without them or they have something they feel you cherish so much, like a child in the OP’s case

I learnt a lot about women early in life and no woman can manipulate me. When I see that attitude, I show you the exit sign.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you have no idea what purpose professional marriage counseling serves, ask please. undecided

A professional marriage counselor works more as a mediator to help couples dig down to the core of issues in their marriage guiding to and through whatever next phases they choose for themselves. Even if a couple decides in the end that divorce is the best next step, having a counselor sit between helps each spouse better understand and accept the decision. undecided

I don’t need you to tell me what it is ma’am, google is my friend. I just wonder why you keep using marriage counselors as the only solution you come up with when you see people talking about their crisis in marriage. This OP is not fully married self.

Marriage counseling works in some way but it’s not the ultimate. Some marriages are not meant to be, marriage counselor or not.
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Apr 25, 2022
burritto:
1. I don’t need you to tell me what it is ma’am, google is my friend. I just wonder why you keep using marriage counselors as the only solution you come up with when you see people talking about their crisis in marriage. This OP is not fully married self.

2. Marriage counseling works in some way but it’s not the ultimate. Some marriages are not meant to be, marriage counselor or not.
1. Professional marriage counseling isn't an only solution but a step in the right direction as for as helping couples find the best fit solution to their particular relationship. undecided

2. Whether a marriage is to be or not, it is up to the couple to decide this for themselves and a good place to being is with a professional marriage counselor helping them through the decision making process. undecided
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Professional marriage counseling undecided
2. professional marriage counselor undecided

Say something else na, haba undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Apr 25, 2022
burritto:

Say something else na, haba undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Professional marriage counseling remains the best option in this and many cases out there. undecided

As I said, couples counseling has been proven effective in matters of this kind that it becomes illogical to recommend anything but. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Professional marriage counseling undecided undecided

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Eketem: 5:31am On Apr 25, 2022
When she says no and you " struggle your way through " that is rape.
Get professional counselling and find out the issues or walk away before you land yourself In jail

1 Like

Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
Eketem:
When she says no and you " struggle your way through " that is rape.
Get professional counselling and find out the issues or walk away before you land yourself In jail
lipsrsealed
Re: Please Dear Nairalanders. Help Save A Members Marriage by Teleprompter(f): 4:38am On Apr 27, 2022
I don’t have all the details but generally, if I was a man I don’t think I would marry this type of stubbornness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grandmother Reveals She Is Pregnant With Her Own Son's Child / Why Don't Kids Of Today Fly Kites? / Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.