Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish (65034 Views)

My Snail And Vegetable Backyard Garden / Tips To Cut Cost Of Broiler And Catfish Feed By More Than 50% / BROILERS,LAYERS,PIG,SNAIL AND GREEN HOUSE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by GodisFirst: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
Nice efforts OP. Ensure you transplant them before your travel to avoid losing them to draught.

2 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by shigoslim(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
Where is your fish ponds?

2 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by GoldenGTV(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
Neduzze5:
Went out a few minutes ago to check on them, and the tomatoes had their head drooping.

The sun was too hot today and seems like they were seriously affected.

I was planning to travel for three or four days but I don't think they'd survive at this rate.

I need to find a way to deliver water to them daily without my presence.

Nice one.
Tomatoes don't really need much sunlight.

3 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Dekadet(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
Akposy:
Nice one.

I also garden. I started snail gardening recently.

Currently, I have thyme, rosemary, scent leaf, sweet basil, English spinach,Citronella, parsley, hot pepper, cherry tomato and grape in my garden.
how can I get all these seeds you listed here? am in kd.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by sexyto(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Folapass:
get black soap in the market put it ordinary water to disolve,spary sparingly on affected vegetables
Thanks I will try that.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by AutoRedux: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
Franklyspeakin:
I could supply you for a fee

If you are serious I would love to buy them. I just need to plant them. The seedlings are what I need. Hit me up on wh ats ap p
On 0 8 1 6 2 5 8 9 8 7 1.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by obyikye(f): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
@op, well done and more strength to explore more.
Quote me on the next update, please.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Rursh(m): 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
Neduzze5:
Went out a few minutes ago to check on them, and the tomatoes had their head drooping.

The sun was too hot today and seems like they were seriously affected.

I was planning to travel for three or four days but I don't think they'd survive at this rate.

I need to find a way to deliver water to them daily without my presence.
That's what usually annoys me about growing and tending tomatoes. Always dropping (drooling) at the slightest ecological imbalance. In my own view I don't think it's the solar intensity. Ain't tomatoes mainly grown in the northern part of Nigeria with high solar intense? Does it not survive?

3 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Emyogalanya: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
O
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Florasilver: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
adecz:

You can also raise some cows and
goats on the back balcony and
Agbado and cassava in the front❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️

You are a very wicked somebody grin

@OP you are doing well kiss

2 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by LadysLuvSlyfoxx: 1:49am On Aug 30, 2022
toloohthegreat:

Even his response in person is humorously proportionate but yours is writhing in poor upbringing and chest beating. No dey drink soakaway water again.

What a pathetic sense of humor you must have then, Because there was nothing remotely funny about his response. If your mother brought you up to spit on the little efforts of people in jest then I’m not surprised you will consider that evidence of good upbringing. People like you make this forum such a depressing place at times.

4 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Adesuwag(m): 2:23am On Aug 30, 2022
Una no Dey teach how to plant weed for nairaland
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Agugbadin: 2:54am On Aug 30, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2022
bruno10000:
I was hoping you would plant cannabis as well

Where can I get the seed from?? wink

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2022
KevMitnick:

Hope you're going to transplant these, because that container is too small. You need something bigger to accommodate all the groundnuts.

Yeah, would transplant them before the end of the week.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2022
Tareq1105:

Expect Quit Notice from your Landlord except you extend the fish and pepper to him.

My landlady won't even know that I'm growing stuffs there cos I'm on the first floor, and I have put checks and balances in place to ensure that the place is as clean as possible at all times.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2022
Olam09:

Hope say your landlord go gree?

E no go even know sef
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2022
Offpoint1:
Plant weed bro, it's more beneficial.

Where I go fit see the seed?
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2022
Ladfem:
Well done please I need more info on ur mobile fish pond thanks u can reach me on 0806 355 6997 WhatsApp thanks

Alright. Will do so
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2022
Brookdcook:

Where do you buy your snails .

I need some for my grandma

Stay in Rivers, so I usually buy snails from TAI LGA close to NYSC camp.

However, will be picking the ones for this project from my aunt's house here in Abia State.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2022
Divay22:
OP
You never come back.. This your journey long o
5 days don be like 5 years

I never come back ooo. I travelled on Friday evening to Abia.

Coming back would be tomorrow being Wednesday.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2022
Claxxified:

Lolz... Same to you.

It's a Redmi Note 10 Pro. I'm practically like the photographer in my office cos of the clear picture quality of the phone.

Exactly the phone am using
The phone is superb �

Very very superb.

I'd buy a higher version when I get money.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Omotosho1090905(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2022
This could be interesting

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2022
nextstep:
For watering, get an old plastic water bottle, poke tiny holes along one side, then lay the bottle on that side to drip water to your tomatoes.

Edit: I see you already solved that problem. Nice.

As for the flies, I just put small gauze (find one with small holes) or mosquito netting. Should be ok since the garden is small

BTW you will likely need to build a bigger box for your plants. Ideally keep it off the floor so you don't invite mold or ruin the tiles.

Yeah

I usually don't keep them on the tiles so they can get sunlight as much as possible.

I'd be getting bigger buckets as planter boxes might take up more spaces as I'd be building them myself.

So it's either buckets or cement bags or vases.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2022
Akposy:
Nice one.

I also garden. I started snail gardening recently.

Currently, I have thyme, rosemary, scent leaf, sweet basil, English spinach,Citronella, parsley, hot pepper, cherry tomato and grape in my garden.

That's lovely. How many snails do you have.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Kindly quote me when you release any update

Alright. Will remember to do so
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2022
yemmit90:

Except you are transplanting, you cant grow pepper and tomato in group like that. They will soon die off in that small plastic base.

Get a big planting pot and transplant each in big pot.

Yeah, transplanting and manuring will be done this week.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2022
opicgif:
Nice one

Where are you based?

I'm based in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Neduzze5(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2022
nextstep:

For 4 years now, I don't need to buy tomatoes and peppers for 8-9 months. Some weeks I can get a basket of tomatoes and can't finish them all so I gift them to people.

To preserve without a fridge, I also grind, then fry them. Put in airtight jars and cover with oil.

Not a waste of time, and I started in a small box, like OP
Saves me a ton of money for 8 months.

That's my goal as well. Save money by reducing your spending.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2022
Neduzze5:

Where can I get the seed from?? wink

Bad guy lol

Just get 100 own from the dealer....they mostly hang around motor garage parks and separate the seeds then plant. It should start germinating within days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

WARNING: Front Page Hijacking No Longer Allowed / Most Ladies Nowadays have stopped doing this. / Antelope Caught By Farmer While Sleeping.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.