Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? (28399 Views)

Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) / Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Since Elon Musk acquired twitter for 45 billion dollars, i have been thinking.

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?
I will like to know their names?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by IMO01: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Dangote group

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Why not. All Nigerian banks to start with? Stop being decived by the media. Twitter isn't bigger than many Nigerian companies. Its only backed by public funds from a robust stock exchange market system. Same as Facebook. The giants of Nigeria are arising. No cap mate wink

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
IMO01:
Dangote group
Interesting!! You think it's worth 40 billion dollars?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Why not. All Nigerian banks to start with? Stop being decived by the media. Twitter isn't bigger than many Nigerian companies. Its obky backed by public funds from a robust stock exchange market system. Same as Facebook. The giants of Nigeria are arising. No cap mate wink
I will like to know which of the Nigeria banks are worth 40 billion dollars?

214 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
DO YOU WANT TO BUY IT?
WHY ASKING?

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
I will like to know which of the Nigeria banks are worth 40 billion dollars?

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by IMO01: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Interesting!! You think it's worth 40 billion dollars?

Sure

He borrowed billions of dollars for the refinery. If he wants to sell it with d cement and other production line its worth more than that amount

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:
DO YOU WANT TO BUY IT?

WHY ASKING?
Typical answer.
Look up there, the people that answered me well are all men but the first answer from a woman is rather disappointing.
But if i had asked what's the price of Shawarma or barbecue or the latest new restaurant in town, i am sure you will be the first to comment.

421 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DarkCaesar(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
IMO01:

Sure

He borrowed billions of dollars for the refinery. If he wants to sell it with d cement and other production line its worth more than that amount
Alright Thanks for the insight.

9 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy
Alright if you say so but apart from banks and Dangote company, what other companies do we have that are worth more than 40 billion dollars?
Because surely the Economy won't flourish with banks alone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Typical answer.
Look up there, the people that answered me well are all men but the first answer from a woman is rather disappointing.
But if i had asked what's the price of Shawarma or barbecue or the latest new restaurant in town, i am sure you will be the first to comment.

TYPICAL NIGERIAN MAN REPLIED...
ARE YOU TRYING TO BUY THEM.. AS OF THE WAY TWITTER IS HITTING THE HEADLINE?

WHY ASKING?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

TYPICAL NIGERIAN MAN REPLIED...
ARE YOU TRYING TO BUY THEM.. AS OF THE WAY TWITTER IS HITTING THE HEADLINE?

WHY ASKING?
Goodbye!!! Go and buy the latest Brazilian weavon and leave this thread.

272 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DroppingLiquid: 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nope

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by OhBritannia(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Typical answer.
grin grin grin grin

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Goodbye!!! Go and buy the latest Brazilian weavon and leave this thread.

SHUT UP AND GO PURCHASE AIRTEL AFRICA WHICH IS WORTHY OF N4. 74 TRILLION..

WILL YOU HAVE COME UP WITH THIS QUESTION IF TWITTER WAS NOT SOLD OUT..
RUBBISH.

NIGERIANS AND PEPPER BODY

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

RUBBISH.

I told you before to focus on knowing the latest hotel rooms in towns.
Is Airtel a Nigeria company built from the scratch?

249 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
I told you before to focus on knowing the latest hotel rooms in towns.
Is Airtel a Nigeria company built from the scratch?

MY FRIEND GET LOST... U JUST ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS AND I GAVE YOU ANSWERS YET U AREN'T SATISFIED...

SINCE YOU SAID I SHOULD DEAL WITH HOSPITALITY [HOSTEL ] I RECOMMEND
BUA FOODS N1.11 TRILLION NOW GO PURCHASE IT.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Greyworld: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

RUBBISH.

He created a thread which is insightful. Since it is obviously above your league why not slide?

Okay... you know about Airtel good.

And finally he asked because of Twitter. Nothing wrong about it.

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by illicit(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Miyetti Allah

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Greyworld:

He created a thread which is insightful. Since it is obviously above your league why not slide?

Okay... you know about Airtel good.

And finally he asked because of Twitter. Nothing wrong about it.

MY QUESTION IS THAT IS HE BUYING IT?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Greyworld: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

MY QUESTION IS THAT IS HE BUYING IT?

Sorry and no offense meant do you have a boyfriend or husband??

If yes

Tell him I said "He Dey try"

Jeez!!.

So someone can't seek knowledge again??

218 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

MY FRIEND GET LOST... U JUST ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS AND I GAVE YOU ANSWERS YET U AREN'T SATISFIED...

Please don't derail the thread because clearly it's more than your level of logic.

Is 1.11 trillion naira worth 40 billion dollars?

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

would you shut the fvck up..

Airtel is African not Nigerian ... Wtf are you even on about....

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
would you shut the fvck up..

Airtel is African not Nigerian ... Wtf are you even on about....

THAT WAS THE INVESTMENT THEY MADE IN NIGERIA AS IN FEB 22..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Please don't derail the thread because clearly it's more than your level of logic.

Is 1.11 trillion naira worth 40 billion dollars?

YOU KNEW ONE POINT ELEVEN TRILLION NAIRA CAN'T COMPETE WITH FORTY BILLION BUCKS AND YOU STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK THE QUESTION, CONJOINED IT WITH DOLLARS .. AS IF NIGERIA CURRENCY IS DOLLAR..

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Greyworld:

Sorry and no offense meant do you have a boyfriend or husband??
If yes
Tell him I said "He Dey try"

Jeez!!.

So someone can't seek knowledge again??
SO ASKING SOMEONE WHETHER HE'S INTERESTED IS A CRIME?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Greyworld: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

SO ASKING SOMEONE WHETHER HE'S INTERESTED IS A CRIME?
It's okay. No vex .

23 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

RUBBISH.

No joy

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoveXlover: 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

YOU KNEW ONE POINT ELEVEN TRILLION NAIRA CAN'T COMPETE WITH FORTY BILLION BUCKS AND YOU STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK THE QUESTION, CONJOINED IT WITH DOLLARS .. AS IF NIGERIA CURRENCY IS DOLLAR..

At this point, only GOD can save you.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
At this point, only GOD can save you.

grin
tongue
cry
angry

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Business Might Not Be For Everyone. My Bitter Experiences / Marketers Await Dangote Petroleum Product Price List / Jack Ma Absent From Public View For Two Months After Criticizing China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.