Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo (1252 Views)

Fictitious Chats Between Obasanjo And Patience Jonathan / Breaking: Former Nigeria President Olusegun Obasanjo Arrested / Lagbaja Removes Mask To Honour Nelson Mandela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by focusxo4: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2011
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday described the former South African president, Nelson Mandela, as an illustrious son of Africa, whose achievements would be difficult to match.

The former president, however, added that there was an area where he had an edge over Mandela and the former Ghanaian President and late Pan-Africanist, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107091122546
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2011
This criminal fool, just confirmed he is senile angry
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2011
Maybe he means criminality. Nobody can contest against him in that.
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by yomijnr(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
I bet the 2 re.tards who commented on this didn't bother to read the article. If you had read it, you would have seen that what he said was a joke, but of course it's a headline about Obasanjo, lets all jump on the band wagon and insult him.
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by juman(m): 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2011

He said that Mandela was the grand patron of the foundation, but urged Obasanjo “to stand for us in Africa as our hero and grandfather as Dr. Mandela is now aged and retired from public glare.”

Obasanjo, however, eulogised Mandela and commended his contributions to the African continent, saying, “I look at my feet and I have found them too small to fit into the shoe of a man like Mandela. He is a man of giant status with giant achievements. I am nowhere to be compared to him. He spent 27 years in prison, and I spent only three years, which is nothing to compare to him.

“The former Ghanaian president, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, once referred to himself as ‘prison graduate,’ because he went to prison before becoming head of state.

“Sometimes ago, when I, together with former President Kenneth Kaunda, was with Mandela, I told the ex-South African president that there was an area where I had seniority over him and he thought I was talking of being a head of state before him, but I told him no.

“I said the same seniority Kaunda and I and Kaunda had over Mandela, we also had over Nkrumah; he was wondering what I meant and I now explained that the late Nkrumah referred to himself as ‘prison graduate’ when he was released from prison before becoming the president.

“Mandela and Nkrumah were in the same category of prison graduates as they went to prison before becoming president. But Kaunda and I went to prison after we were president; so, we are seniors to the two of them as ‘prison postgraduates.’ Madiba laughed and said ‘Olu, you and your jokes again.’”

He should let us hear word.
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by juman(m): 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2011
Deleted
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by redsun(m): 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2011
Soon this useless thread will make d front page,talking about d nonorganic po-o,obj.
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by OAM4J: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2011
hehehe its all joke now, you people should read the article grin grin grin
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
How dare he drag the noble names of true African Sages,(Mandela,Nkruma And Kaunda) through the filthy mud by associating his filthyself with the noble characters on positive terms as if they are own the same frequency?

Obj is an epitome of disaster.
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by edoyad(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2011
yomijnr:

I bet the 2 re.tards who commented on this didn't bother to read the article. If you had read it, you would have seen that what he said was a joke, but of course it's a headline about Obasanjo, lets all jump on the band wagon and insult him.
why do you even bother to respond to those low lives ?
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2011
excuse me if I refuse to hear his joke.

I don't blame him,  he has time to joke because we are to docile too insist that he is thrown into prison angry

Foolish thief!! angry
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by ektbear: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
I actually don't entirely dislike OBJ.

I don't like that he installed terrible and incompetent governors in the SW in 2003 and 2007. I don't like that he failed on electricity. But aside from that, was he really that terrible a leader?

Nigeria prospered under his watch, did it not? Not as much as it could have, admittedly. But how many other leaders would have done better in his position?
Re: My Little Edge Over Mandela, Nkrumah –obasanjo by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2011
@ekt_bear,
to answer you question:
OBJ was not only a terrible leader, he was disasterous for Nigeria angry

OBJ oversaw the loss of Nigeria Airways

OBJ devalued Naira by 500% during a period of record high oil prices

OBJ looted close to $100bn in my estimate, given the record oil revenue we were earning during is 8year tenure and he did not achieve any tangible development during this time.

OBJ massacred innocent village communities in the Niger Delta

OBJ gave away Nigerian land - Bakassi for free (apparently)

Do you need more reasons?

(1) (Reply)

Prospective Bride N Prospective Father-in-law! / Family Fuucker / You Just Have To Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.