Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused (60645 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2022
Back then when my mom was warning me not to go that far when our relationship started She kept on insisting I should go for the girls in my tribe, I thought she was just been a tribalist bigot. If only I had listened

She bore me a son, he's 3years now... though her people knows me well from normal visitation..but I haven't been able to pay her bride price yet due to the hardship this regime has on us. life happened, unfortunately she got sick since February, ever since then from one hospital to another..I took several loans from people for hospital bills to the point of me looking sick myself.so sad for us we lost her last night.

I informed her elder brother who knows about all thats happening, he called me back this morning to tell me that his people told me to be prepared to marry her corpse. He went further and said if I don't pay her bride price, my boy will be taken from me and I should be ready to withstand the consequences.
I was surprised, I called for the burial arrangements not for a marriage ceremony

I blantly told him, I won't, why would I get married to her corpse. He was angry and cut the call on me.

Am more concerned about my son, please lawyer's in the house do they have any right to take my son away from me?
Even if they do am ready to give it to them, but spending money to Marry her corpse I will not.

I only brought this here, if had chance for my son whose still in my custody.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Cpossibility(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Which tribe is that?

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2022
Cpossibility:
Which tribe is that?
You here for the tribe only?
Or to give me reasonable advise?

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Kriss216: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

What advice are you seeking? Were you thinking of going to the girl's family and dump the corpse or you wanted to bury people's daughter in your house?

338 Likes 26 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Cpossibility(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Let's know where it is coming from.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2022
Cpossibility:

Sorry it's not necessary, I won't let you lots to turn this to a tribal war.

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2022
my spirit says I should type (NCAN says the story isn't complete)

NCAN says the story isn't complete

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2022
God bless you..If we can't trace where he's coming from, we can't know where he's possibly going to..you sabi

Cpossibility:

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by sisisioge: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Sorry it's not necessary, I won't let you lots to turn this to a tribal war.

It might be useful info for those from her tribe to advise you properly. There might be an alternative to marrying her.

460 Likes 26 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by calmness0(f): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2022
Op, most tribes act like that, you did not pay bride price and you have been with another persons daughter for years, banging morning afternoon night without paying bride price, you never knew death can knock early right? if it were your sister nko, op go and settle her family.

420 Likes 23 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by donbachi(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2022
Wen dem tell pikin,him no go hear. Until him see.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by thorpido(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2022
You don't have a choice except you want to keep running.
Your mom warned you but you wouldn't listen.You went further to knock her up.
You have to do the rights else they will make life hell for you.

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by dawnomike(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:
Back then when my mom was warning me not to go that far when our relationship started She kept on insisting I should go for the girls in my tribe, I thought she was just been a tribalist bigot. If only I had listened

She bore me a son, he's 3years now... though her people knows me well from normal visitation..but I haven't been able to pay her bride price yet due to the hardship this regime has on us. life happened, unfortunately she got sick since February, ever since then from one hospital to another..I took several loans from people for hospital bills to the point of me looking sick myself.so sad for us we lost her last night.

I informed her elder brother who knows about all thats happening, he called me back this morning to tell me that his people told me to be prepared to marry her corpse. I said was surprised, he went further and said if I don't pay her bride price, my boy will be taken from me and I should be ready to withstand the consequences.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Since you refused to do the needful when she was alive; You've got to go and pay her dowry or leave the boy as their daughter's son as she was never your wife... It is the right thing to do in the igbo culture

312 Likes 9 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by wunmi590(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2022

You don't want to divulge more information, but you want to get advice, (this is not a classified information that can't be divulged) nobody want to turn this to tribal war...

Reason why you were asked, so that people from that tribe, who might have experienced such can advice you accordingly....

Peace

343 Likes 15 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2022
dawnomike:
You've got to go and pay her dowry... It is the right thing to do in the igbo culture
No I won't

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Cpossibility:
Which tribe is that?

U want to start with tribe so that u will start causing confusion in the midst of sane comments.

If u don't have anything to say,pls calm down.

15 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:33am On Apr 29, 2022
thorpido:
You don't have a choice except you want to keep running.
Your mom warned you but you wouldn't listen.You went further to knock her up.
You have to do the rights else they will make life hell for you.
Let them bring it on.
I said I won't, I can't marry a corpse

16 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by duro4chang(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

The reasonable advice your mama give you no take am shey na our own you go take?

641 Likes 39 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2022
You just can't run away from it. Don't be a fool.

So the beautiful late woman who bore you a son does not deserve to be honoured as your wife and you have kept her till death?

Go and do the needful, respect that young woman.
We always tell people to be very careful. Why should a woman stay with you when you know you have not married her? Why

Can't she come spend some time and go back? Must you keep her like your sex slave? If I format your brain with punchslap, you will go and do the needful.

353 Likes 15 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2022
Kriss216:

What advice are you seeking? Were you thinking of going to the girl's family and dump the corpse or you wanted to bury people's daughter in your house?

I informed them for the burial arrangements not for marriage ceremony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2022
If u want to help your peace,go ahead and do it and have your peace.

After that,the relationship with ur in laws will still remain...but if u don't,e go hard brother.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:37am On Apr 29, 2022
ibechris:
If u want to help your peace,go ahead and do it and have your peace.

After that,the relationship with ur in laws will still remain...but if u don't,e go hard brother.

What will hard, they kill me?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

What will hard, they kill me?

They won't kill u...but curses may be laid on your head upon your refusal.

Just do as they have said.
After that,your conscience will surely spare u.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:42am On Apr 29, 2022
ibechris:

They won't kill u...but curses may be laid on your head upon your refusal.

Just do as they have said.
After that,your conscience will surely spare u.
I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I informed them for the burial arrangements not for marriage ceremony

If Dem born you well carry the corpse go the village. You come here come find people mouth abi?

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by wunmi590(m): 10:44am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't

This same stubbornness is what your mum adviced you about before delving into the relationship....

Bros, you will pay it, the only things is just that it might not be much like how it should have been when she was alive.....

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:45am On Apr 29, 2022
Felimax:

If Dem born you well carry the corpse go the village. You come here come find people mouth abi?
Why would I carry it to the village..?
It's already in the morgue, for her people arrival, it's their daughter.
Have done my most vital parts borrowing money to save her now am in debts, if you want me to marry her corpse because am scared. My brother your wrong.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man

Yes, undertaker! Na you create yourself! Mysterious stroke nor va nack you, by the time you nor fit touch your keypad again your eyes go clear.

You dey here dey shine teeth, take the issue to your family and let them talk sense into your dum skull.

266 Likes 12 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2022
wunmi590:

This same stubbornness is what your mum adviced you about before delving into the relationship....

Bros, you will pay it, the only things is just that it might not be much like how it should have been when she was alive.....

I can't borrow money to marry her corpse, never
The debts I borrowed from her treatment up to a millionaire is still in my neck, haven't even paid dine from it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 10:49am On Apr 29, 2022
Felimax:

Yes, undertaker! Na you create yourself! Mysterious stroke nor va nack you, by the time you nor fit touch your keypad again your eyes go clear.

You dey here dey shine teeth, take the issue to your family and let them talk sense into your dum skull.
Your just been rude and arrogant, I guess your still a teenager.
No More response to you

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I fear no man

Then what is your reason for bringing it up when u have decided before coming here.

An uncle of mine did it and today he has remarried and continued his life.

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 10:51am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Why would I carry it to the village..?
It's already in the morgue, for her people arrival, it's their daughter.
Have done my most vital parts borrowing money to save her now am in debts, if you want me to marry her corpse because am scared. My brother your wrong.

Some men just lack sense. Hear yourself. So if that is your sister that is how you will walk to the morgue to go and carry her? Nor worry, dey there dey smart. Your head go soon correct by the time we finish with you.

I have one simple advise for you. Hurry now to the family with either your dad or the eldest man in your family or anybody that can stand in that regard, go with some cash and schnapps.

Take this time now as a matter of urgency to go inform the family officially of the latest about their daughter most especially if this is happening around Delta State.

If you like do, you like refuse.

127 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos) / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.