Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,784 members, 7,855,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? (1475 Views)

Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? / Why Do Different Religions Have Different God But One Devil ? / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
It's a common knowledge that different religion represent different God. The Muslim is Allah, The Christians, Jesus, holy spirit and many others that I can't remember but why is it that all this religion never dispute over the identity of Satan.

Like to both Christains, Muslims and others, Satan is Satan. No one is arguing.

Is it that Satan is even more authentic par say?

Why?

TheSourcerer
Bloomingdale
TheWolfen
Righteousness2
Seun
Lalasticala
Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:
It's a common knowledge that different religion represent different God. The Muslim is Allah, The Christians, Jesus, holy spirit and many others that I can't remember but why is it that all this religion never dispute over the identity of Satan.

Why?
I believe this is instead a misconception. Every religion also has its own ideas of Satan to booth. undecided

For instance, the Christian "Satan" is of a being who infacts works for God and does as God commands of Him. Satan is one of God's many servants and is ruled over by God. He was created and programmed by God to be Satan and he exists to serve the purpose for which he was created for. Even Hell, Satan's final abode, is ruled over by God - Satan is King of no land or kingdom. undecided

This ofcourse differs from ideas pushed in other religions. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by TheWolfen(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
Christians and Muslims serve same God but in different ways. They also refer to the same rebellious fallen angel Lucifer AKA Satan whom is also called Shaytan in Koran. .

God is God. God is same as Allah. Even traditionalist applaud same God before they begin their prayers.

A lot of people will argue with my points..
That is why Bible said that "my people perish for lack of knowledge"
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:
1. Christians and Muslims serve same God but in different ways. They also refer to the same rebellious fallen angel Lucifer AKA Satan whom is also called Shaytan in Koran. .

2. God is God. God is same as Allah. Even traditionalist applaud same God before they begin their prayers.

3. A lot of people will argue with my points..
1. There beliefs are contradictory... so not the same God. Also, in Christianity, Satan isn't Lucifer... instead Jesus Christ is written as the Lucifer in Revelations 22. undecided

2. Even Christian scriptures speaks of God being "God of gods" meaning not all gods are God. undecided

3. If you had taken time to actually consider that verse in the context in which it was presented, you would to see the knowledge the people lacked is of God's commandments/Law , which in no way relates to any of what you have stated here. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by TheSourcerer: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:

Why?

TheSourcerer
Bloomingdale
TheWolfen
Righteousness2
Seun
Lalasticala
Dominique
its a ying yang , good bad , hero villain, and they don't have disputes about God , lol their god is usually bigger ,stronger , rooting for a tribe, conquering lands , mixing with mortal women .... Yeah even the African Gods, in fact The Yoruba's do not see Eshu as Evil per say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by TheWolfen(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There beliefs are contradictory... so not the same God. Also, in Christianity, Satan isn't Lucifer... instead Jesus Christ is written as the Lucifer in Revelations 22.

You are nothing but a deceiver. You deceive people with your yeye woke ideas that supports evil and lies

Pls stop reading the new NIV version of the Bible . It was written by well known Satanist
The King James version is the best and standard version.

JESUS::: Morning Star or the bright morning star
SATAN::: Son of the morning

That is how the Bible referred to them before Satanists decide to update NIV version of the Bible with lies and called Satan Morning star and Jesus son of the morning which means it was Jesus that was cast out of heaven and not Satan lol.
There other lies in the NIV but i would stop here for now.
Satanists are just out to deceive people.

Watch and learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bp3LqeI4HA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:
You are nothing but a deceiver. You deceive people with your yeye woke ideas that supports evil and lies
Are you certain that I am the one deceiving people here? undecided
16I, Jesus, have sent my angel to tell you these things for the churches. I am the descendant from the family of David. I am the bright morning star.” - Revelations 22 vs 16
Does the above not declare Jesus to be the bright morning star? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I believe this is instead a misconception. Every religion also has its own ideas of Satan to Booth. undecided

For instance, the Christian "Satan" is of a being who infacts works for God and does as God commands of Him. Satan is one of God's many servants and is ruled over by God. He was created and programmed by God to be Satan and he exists to serve the purpose for which he was created for. Even Hell, Satan's final abode, is ruled over by God - Satan is King of no land or kingdom. undecided

This ofcourse differs from ideas pushed in other religions. undecided
Undisputedly, in every religion Satan represent evil, a being that takes blame for every misfortune. And of course, each religion project their own idea of Satan but the major myth in every religion is that Satan is a cast down. While their God lives in heaven, Satan live below the earth, in hell.

I'm not trying to justify Satan's existence but I'm trying to know why majority don't agure his supremacy.... Like the way Christians will say Jesus is lord, the way and the truth. No one see the father except through me. And the way Muslims will say Allah is the greatest.

Why is no one saying

No our own devil is the real deal

No... Our devil hell fire is authentic than Religion B own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:
I
...Is it that Satan is even more authentic par say?..

Does it not clearly tell you that every race has seen him and had an encounter with him?

Dorwadora:
I
It's a common knowledge that different religion represent different God

And correction!

It is not different God but identification of God in and by their respective languages and ancestry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by ThankGodFriday(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Repent
The Kingdom of God is at hand
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:

...I'm not trying to justify Satan's existence but I'm trying to know why majority don't agure his supremacy.... Like the way Christians will say Jesus is lord, the way and the truth. No one see the father except through me. And the way Muslims will say Allah is the greatest.

Why is no one saying

No our own devil is the real deal

Clearly evil is not the problem, as the Bible said for the world loves evil, IT IS THE GOOD, WHO IS THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD. And therefore, the evil needs to pervert and make many varieties of "THE GOOD".

Remember, because people are evil, therefore confusion is advantageous to the evil.

Hence, their must be many God(s) so that people who lack knowledge will die in their evil and love for evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lalasticala, let's hear people view on this topic
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Does it not clearly tell you that every race has seen him and had an encounter with him?

And correction!

It is not different God but identification of God in and by their respective languages and ancestry.
In your own word sir, Satan has walked on this earth, manifested his evil, hence his identity can not be mistaken. He is who he is.

But who is God? Who is the authentic God?
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain that I am the one deceiving people here? undecided
Does the above not declare Jesus to be the bright morning star? undecided

See your twisted self!

He said

"The King James version is the best and standard version.

SATAN::: Son of the morning"

So, you have not said any valid thing.

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:
1. Undisputedly, in every religion Satan represent evil, a being that takes blame for every misfortune. And of course, each religion project their own idea of Satan but the major myth in every religion is that Satan is a cast down. While their God lives in heaven, Satan live below the earth, in hell.

2. I'm not trying to justify Satan's existence but I'm trying to know why majority don't agure his supremacy.... Like the way Christians will say Jesus is lord, the way and the truth. No one see the father except through me. And the way Muslims will say Allah is the greatest.

Why is no one saying. No our own devil is the real deal

1. In Christian scripture, Satan is not a cast down who lives in Hell. Instead, we read that he roams the earth ...seeking who to devour or test for God. His job is to test men... He is sort of like God's quality control manager where men are concerned. undecided

2. Satan's existence is justified by the one who created him, God. undecided

Well, when it comes to supremacy, in Christian scripture, Satan has none. Like a servant, he is programmed to obey his master who is the only one able to rebuke him, and that is God or Jesus Christ. undecided

I think some Satanists may claim Satan as a master over them. However, such ideas are not of Christian belief since Hell, for instance is ruled over by Jesus Christ, and not Satan - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 and even Satan is not in Helll to this day. undecided

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. In Christian scripture, Satan is not a cast down who lives in Hell. Instead, we read that he roams the earth ...seeking who to devour or test for God. His job is to test men... He is sort of like God's quality control manager where men are concerned. undecided

2. Satan's existence is justified by the one who created him, God. undecided

Well, when it comes to supremacy, in Christian scripture, Satan has none. Like a servant, he is programmed to obey his master who is the only one able to rebuke him, and that is God or Jesus Christ. undecided

I think some Satanists may claim Satan as a master over them. However, such ideas are not of Christian belief since Hell, for instance is ruled over by Jesus Christ, and not Satan - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 and even Satan is not in Helll to this day. undecided
Hmm... This makes a lot of sense in the Christains perspective.

Muslims in the house, what's your view on this

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:
In your own word sir, Satan has walked on this earth, manifested his evil, hence his identity can not be mistaken. He is who he is.

But who is God? Who is the authentic God?

You have been discerning Truths in this world of lies since you grew up, so, I know that if you truly wanted to find out Who Truly is God out of all lot proclamation out there, if you truly cared enough, you would have filtered Him out of them all.

There is No Advertisement or Marketing and Promotion here.

Inspite of the hindrances, we all truly know how to find out that which is TRUE, if we want to.

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
AntiChristians
Helinus

What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:

So you see, the one Satan idea does not work where all religions are concerned. undecided

Satan as rulers of the underworld seems to come mainly from Greek mythology. undecided

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:

Pls stop reading the new NIV version of the Bible . It was written by well known Satanist
The King James version is the best and standard version.

SATAN::: Son of the morning

That is how the Bible referred to them before Satanists decide to update NIV version of the Bible with lies and called Satan Morning star and Jesus son of the morning which means it was Jesus that was cast out of heaven and not Satan lol.
There other lies in the NIV but i would stop here for now.
Satanists are just out to deceive people.
Stop deluding yourself with such nonsense. undecided

The name "Lucifer" was introduced in ignorance by King James when he translated scripture over 400 years ago to yield what was and still is the King James version. Since then his error has been realized by even the church of England and corrected in the King James version . undecided

However, what cannot be removed is John's writing in the book of Revelations, directly connecting Jesus Christ as the one who is the bright morning star. undecided

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by haekymbahd(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:

In Islam Satan (iblees) was obviously one of Gods servant before he disobeyed God when he honored Man over him (Satan) he felt he was more powerful and higher than man and due to that he was sent down from heaven and the reason he dislikes mankind. He is trying divert mankind away from worshipping God.

" Satan[Iblees] said, Do You see this one whom You have honored above me? If You delay me until the Day of Resurrection, I will surely destroy his descendants, except for a few."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 62)

"[Allah] said, Go, for whoever of them follows you, indeed Hell will be the recompense of you - an ample recompense."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 63)

"And incite [to senselessness] whoever you can among them with your voice and assault them with your horses and foot soldiers and become a partner in their wealth and their children and promise them. But Satan does not promise them except delusion."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 64)

"Indeed, over My [believing] servants there is for you no authority. And sufficient is your Lord as Disposer of affairs."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 65).

Satan is Just a test for mankind more like quality control even he is also hell bound. God has already given mankind laws to follow whoever follows it Satan would have no authority over but those who neglect it are those who fall as prey to Satan.

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Maynman: 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop deluding yourself with such nonsense. undecided

The name "Lucifer" was introduced in ignorance by King James when he translated scripture over 400 years ago. Since then his error has been realized by even the church of England and corrected. undecided

However, what cannot be removed is John's writing in the book of Revelations, directly connecting Jesus Christ as the one who is the bright morning star. undecided

How was NIV written? From the same place as King James Version, the same error.

https://isthatinthebible./articles-and-resources/deliberate-mistranslation-in-the-new-international-version-niv/

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by TheWolfen(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:

[s] The name "Lucifer" was introduced in ignorance by King James
when he translated scripture over 400 years ago to yield what was and still is the King James version. Since then his error has been realized by even the church of England and corrected in [b]the King James version [/s] .

The Bible is the standard, there is no truth outside but in what is written down as directed by God and not what some demented atheist/Satanist schoolers or scientist wrote on the internet. I am glad nobody is able to mess with the holy Koran just as Satanist did with NIV new bible version.

Arguing with you is pointless.
Anyone who value their time won't engage you. . .
I won't go back and forth with you.

1 Like

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:
The Bible is the standard, there is no truth outside but in what is written down as directed by God and not what some demented atheist/Satanist schoolers or scientist wrote on the internet. I am glad nobody is able to mess with the holy Koran just as Satanist did with NIV new bible version.
Arguing with you is pointless.
Anyone who value their time won't engage you. . .
I won't go back and forth with you.
Again... Stop deluding yourself with such nonsense. undecided

The name "Lucifer" was introduced in ignorance by King James when he translated scripture over 400 years ago to yield what was and still is the King James version. Since then his error has been realized by even the church of England and corrected in the King James version . undecided

That book you call the bible was never given to you or anyone by God as a standard of Truth since it is a compendium of the opinions men, the words of Satan, demons and devils, as well the Word of God Himself. So I am not certain how you came about the book being the standard of Truth for you since that is not of God. undecided
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Maynman: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again... Stop deluding yourself with such nonsense. undecided

That book you call the bible was never given to you or anyone by God as a standard of Truth since it is a compendium of the opinions men, the words of Satan, demons and devils, as well the Word of God Himself. So I am not certain how you came about the book being the standard of Truth for you since that is not of God. undecided

The NIV version you are quoting from is it not a VERSION specially created
You are cherry picking the part you want to believe lol
https://isthatinthebible./articles-and-resources/deliberate-mistranslation-in-the-new-international-version-niv/

Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by cornelboy(f): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:
Christians and Muslims serve same God but in different ways. They also refer to the same rebellious fallen angel Lucifer AKA Satan whom is also called Shaytan in Koran.
God is God. God is same as Allah. Even traditionalist applaud same God before they begin their prayers.
A lot of people will argue with my points..

We don't worship the same God sorry.
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Dorwadora(f): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
haekymbahd:
In Islam Satan (iblees) was obviously one of Gods servant before he disobeyed God when he honored Man over him (Satan) he felt he was more powerful and higher than man and due to that he was sent down from heaven and the reason he dislikes mankind. He is trying divert mankind away from worshipping God.

" Satan[Iblees] said, Do You see this one whom You have honored above me? If You delay me until the Day of Resurrection, I will surely destroy his descendants, except for a few."

"[Allah] said, Go, for whoever of them follows you, indeed Hell will be the recompense of you - an ample recompense."

"And incite [to senselessness] whoever you can among them with your voice and assault them with your horses and foot soldiers and become a partner in their wealth and their children and promise them. But Satan does not promise them except delusion."

"Indeed, over My [believing] servants there is for you no authority. And sufficient is your Lord as Disposer of affairs."

Satan is Just a test for mankind more like quality control even he is also hell bound. God has already given mankind laws to follow whoever follows it Satan would have no authority over but those who neglect it are those who fall as prey to Satan.
Thank you for your contribution sir

Now sir, Do you believe the Satan philosophy you grew up to know according to the teachings of Islam is the right one?.... And with over 7billion people hating Satan, but disputes over which God is God, do you think there might be mix up somewhere
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by TheWolfen(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
cornelboy:

We don't worship the same God sorry.

I already expected your kinda reply. . .
I know it is quite a hard pill to swallow and an uncommon view.

Well,
Believe whatever you wanna believe. God gave us brain and also gave us choice. Shalom
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:

Well,
Believe whatever you wanna believe. God gave us brain and also gave us choice. Shalom
Precisely, and if you employed that brain in at least processing the various information out there on this God you would at least realize how contradictory the many accounts are. undecided

Unless you believe God to be a ball of contradictions, there is no way left to human understanding for them all to refer to the same God. undecided
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by cornelboy(f): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
haekymbahd:

I thought Adam and Iblis were both together on earth when God asked him to worship Adam.
My question is, where did Muslim Allah ask i
Iblis and the other angels to prostrate before Adam, heaven or earth?
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by cornelboy(f): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheWolfen:

Well,
God would never give us two religions with different practices for the same aim.

Though the Koran claimed that both the Jews, Christians and Muslims serve the same God in one ayah it also says elsewhere that Christians and Jews will go to hell.

I only believe in the TRUTH from the Bible not whatever I wanted to believe.

You a Christian or Muslim?
Re: Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? by Maynman: 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dorwadora:

Why?

TheSourcerer
Bloomingdale
TheWolfen
Righteousness2
Seun
Lalasticala
Dominique

Ma’am, “satan” “devil” are only found among semetic religions.
Satan and devil has no similarities atall with “esu”. It was Samuel ajayi crowther that translated the English Bible to Yoruba made the mistake of translating devil to esu.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thirty Years War. / Who Should Be Blamed For Our Misfortunes, God Or Devil? / Nccf Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.