Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? (1111 Views)

Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. / The Moderators Of Nairaland! / Moderators Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
What are your views?  I have visited quite a few Nigerian Websites and was not sure if the participation of owners and moderators have positive or  negative effects on the members of the website.  What are your views concerning participation of Owners and Moderators of websites in the case of[b] Nairaland?[/b]  What do you like or do not like about this?  Do you feel intimidated, embraced, welcomed, offended or pleased about your moderator participating in Members discussions?  What would you prefer? No insults please! kiss
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by kellorah: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
I don't see why they shouldn't share their ideas, opinions, etc undecided
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2007
Okay!  How do you feel?  Some sense of comfort or some sense of privacy invasion?  When you see the light of your moderator on, are you relieved or cautious?

I feel gaurded and cautious.  I think I would like my moderators to be heard from privately and not publicly. NEUTRAL!!!!  I also feel that my moderator/s on Nairaland have some favorite members and bullies others he or they does/do not agree with or like.  This is my opinion.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2007
Your location isn't right. I'm going to crack down on this soon. You must indicate your country.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by kellorah: 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2007
'Must'? Since when? shocked
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by lovemajek(f): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
Yes, To protect others,or you have some skeleton in your posting.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by kellorah: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
Well, there's a whole lot on here who haven't got their location on their profiles. undecided
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2007
kellorah:

Well, there's a whole lot on here who haven't got their location on their profiles. undecided

Abi oh!  Some with fake country address!!! Anyway the questions asked for our "true country" on your profile, not where you live.  My true country is Nigeria! grin This our dear moderator seems to be everywhere!

lovemajek:

[b]Yes, To protect others,[/b]or you have some skeleton in your posting.

I think all should be protected not just "others"! Skeletons in my posting? Why on earth would anyone want to do that? It is a free website and no one will arrest you for airing your views like mature adults.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by kellorah: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2007
Well, mine says ''location''. wink
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by CrazyMan(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
Mine too smiley
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by PTBNaija(f): 5:15am On Aug 08, 2007
I like that the moderator participates in discussions. I'd rather have a moderator that communicates with the people on the forum, than some unknown tyrant that you have no idea what they think and why they think it. And if there are favorites, then so be it. Shouldn't stop you from speaking your mind.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by lovemajek(f): 1:06am On Aug 10, 2007
your mind is your location.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by oisrael(m): 1:27am On Aug 11, 2007
lovemajek:

your mind is your location.
Na lie! You should feel free enough to indicate your geographical location.
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by Seun(m): 1:34am On Aug 11, 2007
If for privacy reasons you are unwilling to indicate your real location, you must leave it blank. wink
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by lovemajek(f): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2007
oisrael:

Na lie! You should feel free enough to indicate your geographical location.
you want pple to start to tell lie, abi
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by BABEELOVE(f): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2007
He says it is okay to leave it blank!!!!
Re: Pros Or Cons! Should Owners/Moderators Of Websites Paricipate In Discussions? by lovemajek(f): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2007
The purpose of this site is for pple to say something either right or wrong for others to learn, not being dumb.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be Mr Nairaland / .. / Who The Hell Is Adewumni Adebolatan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.