Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project (505 Views)

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / KNOW THE COST OF YOUR BUILDING PROJECT TODAY-GET YOUR BOQ &BUILDING ESTIMATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project by Derammie1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
Should I mould blocks or buy it? What’s the cost of moulding blocks in nigeria? These are questions people often ask before embarking on a building project. However in this post we’ll give you good and authentic reasons why you should buy blocks for your next building project

Time Consuming & Risks Involved
Block moulding is like another project on it’s own, The amount of time that should be used to focus on the main project will be almost wasted on block moulding. Whereas issues will still arise like, block moulding machine issues, transportation, fuel issues, and most importantly unforeseen weather problem. Taking unnecessary risk e.g Neighbourhood dogs and goats destroying them at night if your site is not fenced. Also, curing after block making process to aid systemic drying is time-consuming (a week or more).

Space and Logistics:
In cases that you have less space on site, it’ll be another problem to think about on it’s own and even if you still think of managing the limited space available by stacking undried blocks to create space for another production, it’ll lead to cracks within the blocks.

Vibration and Texture:
If you mould your blocks on site, there is very high chance that it’ll not be vibrated thoroughly, vibrated blocks are more compacted than manually moulded ones which means the vibrated ones will have more strength & durability than manually moulded ones. Also, the surface and texture of the machine vibrated ones are usually smoother and finer. And most importantly, machine vibrated blocks are easy to lay since their dimensions are equal they save time for bricklayers and automatically makes work faster.

On-site moulded blocks production quality
People think because you mould your blocks on site then it’ll be automatically better because you’re in total control. We’ve heard cases where moulders steal cement, Tell them 35 per bag, and they will produce 40 and above, before the end of the day, they will cover up for one or more bags of cement and the cement becomes theirs. You will only come to count and divide everything by 35 and all will seem right. The moulder will want to pursue more bags a day to get more pay whereby not given proper nor adequate mix. You may be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven’t, before you know it they’ll be moulding sand for you as block. Whereas there are lot of reputable block industry that’ll never go below standard it is recommended to find and deal with a trustworthy company.

In summary, Moulding blocks has lot of risks involved, if you’re buying then test the integrity of the blocks you want to pay for. There are lot of people selling blocks in site area, Do your investigation and know the one that produce high quality.

https://nigeriahousedesigns.com/reasons-why-buying-blocks-is-better-than-moulding-blocks-in-a-project/
Re: Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project by darocha1: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2022
I totally disagree.

In terms of cost analysis, time constraint and quality. Moulding your own block will always have an EDGE (infact 5G self cos it's more than EDGE) over buying mass produced vibrated blocks

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project by emmaliver(m): 6:35am On Jan 16
Moulding is far better and cheaper than buying. The only downside is time factor
Re: Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project by erico2k2(m): 6:59am On Jan 16
My personal experience.
I take buying over moulding any day.I did both in my build.
Reasons why you should buy blocks instead if mould.
To mould you will
1 Deal with sand suppliers
2 Deal with water suppliers
3 Deal with clearing ground to mould
4 Deal with cement suppliers
5 Deal with cement storage
6 Deal with theft of cement bags
7 Deal with moulders and zeal to mould toomany from one bag
8 Deal with risk of it raining
9 My most annoying one having to pay for stacking. (Very annoying)

But if you buy.ammount you buy gets delivered to site.no story.

(1) (Reply)

Electrical Piping, Wiring, Fittings And Installations / (LATEST UPDATE) Most Affordable Smart Homes In Lagos / 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT For Sale In Life Camp Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.