Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge (20447 Views)

Fatal Accident In Edo, Passengers Killed, Others Burnt. Graphic Photos / Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) / Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2022
Four female passengers of a commercial bus have died in a fatal accident that occured on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos.

Other passengers of the vehicle sustained varying degrees of injury in the crash which occurred in the early hours of Sunday, May 1.

The Lagos State Sector of the Federal Road Safety Corps confirmed the incident in a statement signed by the Route Commander, Olabisi Shonusi.

"The crash occured on Sunday 1st May, 2022 at about 0550hrs when a Toyota Hiace with registration number FST 241 YC grey coming from Adekunle inter-change inward Iyana-oworo had a tyre burst on top speed and capsized with 20 occupants (9 Male, 11 female).

"5 of the occupants sustained injuries, while 3 female adults were confirmed dead at the spot. The additional one female died at the Hospital when the FRSC team went for follow-up at General Hospital, Marina.”

"All first responders at the scene comprising FRSC, the Nigeria Police, LASTMA and LASEMA Rescue Unit rescued the injured victims, and the corpses were taken to General Hospital Marina," the statement added.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/5/four-passengers-killed-others-injured-in-accident-on-third-mainland-bridge-2.html

1 Like

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by yanabasee(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2022
I know people that will come and blame Tinubu for this.....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Kusheer(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2022
Damn
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by aycapri(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2022
Damn, I saw it this morning

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by harmargedon: 6:17pm On May 01, 2022
shocked
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by triple996(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2022
Painful
Very painful

1 Like

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by heendrix(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2022
shocked Shey I used to think all these hummer buses are more firm both on the road and while moving than all those Rickety Mazda buses and thus should hardly somersault. nawa o substandard goods just everywhere

RIP to the victims. Tinubu must surely pay for his atrocities one day sad

12 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Neddstark: 6:30pm On May 01, 2022
RIP to the victims. May road accident never be our portion. Amen.

56 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by gaby(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2022
Oh no...

May their souls find rest.

Most wouldn't expect they could meet their end intra-state and of all places the TMB even if they were told they'd be exiting this world via an auto mishap, and to crown it all, they would have posted and wished family and friends "a happy new month" without knowing it would be an unhappy one for their fnf.

No one ever knows, truly.

The least we can do is to keep living each day as if it were our last and doing the best good that we can to all that we meet on this journey of life...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2022
aycapri:
Damn, I saw it this morning

See More Photos Via www.. Com
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Maxymilliano(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2022
Most likely the driver applied break when the tyre bursted while at break neck speed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Unpredictableme(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2022
Live your life as if everyday is going to be your last...coz you're not promised tomorrow.

May their souls rest in peace.

7 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Fashionista01(f): 6:55pm On May 01, 2022
May their soul rest in peace.
Speeding is not good.

1 Like

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Passionate888: 11:48pm On May 01, 2022
I saw the video on Twitter
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Cokahot: 12:51am On May 02, 2022
U see having a burst tyre of suspension at top speed is not so dangerous,it all boils down to how the driver turns the steering,I'm sure no hand brakes, and the idiot won't put gear on neutral. Just today,I would have crashed my rx,as abt 5.30 pm. A stupid corrolla decided to do wrong u turn while I was approaching the right and he was on the left,b4 u know it I had to swerve and apply leg brakes to do a 360 turn if not,na him fender and door I wan go damage. He later came down begging and apologising cos he saw hold up in front. Thank God I was not distracted. Some ppl drive like idiot s. My last accident was a burst tyre from behind and I was doing 120kph. I ended up inside a ditch,with minor bruise. My back tyre bend,and for that the car started doing break dance b4 I applied handbrake and screeching sound. When I woke up from the shock,as around 11pm. I was sad cos I thought I'd be in heaven,but sadly na naija I cone still dey. The tin pain me

12 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by xtivin(m): 2:17am On May 02, 2022
Cokahot:
U see having a burst tyre of suspension at top speed is not so dangerous,it all boils down to how the driver turns the steering,I'm sure no hand brakes, and the idiot won't put gear on neutral. Just today,I would have crashed my rx,as abt 5.30 pm. A stupid corrolla decided to do wrong u turn while I was approaching the right and he was on the left,b4 u know it I had to swerve and apply leg brakes to do a 360 turn if not,na him fender and door I wan go damage. He later came down begging and apologising cos he saw hold up in front. Thank God I was not distracted. Some ppl drive like idiot s
No expert in driving sir, having tyre burst on front driver side in high speed is a terrible condition to handle for any driver no matter the experience. All na grace

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by AntiChristian: 5:42am On May 02, 2022
No prayer can stop death. Everything that has a beginning will surely have a end.

All of us will taste death!

O Allah! Forgive our dead and never take our life except when you're best please with us to enter jannah.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:45am On May 02, 2022
May Almighty God Forgive Their Sins "Amen"

You Can Now, Convert Your Airtime Into Cash, To Get Started, Meet On WhatsApp Chat Via 0810-373-9506 Now.

We Convert Mtn, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Airtime Into Cash, Receive Your Payment Into Your Bank Account Within 5mins And Start Smiling To The Bank Like A .
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by jojo1415: 5:49am On May 02, 2022
Road safety Corps don't use to check all these commercial vehicles....what they r after is guys with new cars and cars with new plate numbers....

14 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by almsofgold: 5:51am On May 02, 2022
cry
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by gulfer: 5:52am On May 02, 2022
RIP to the dead, he never even leave Lagos just waste all the people going for Ramadan Kareem...... Looks like an Ilorin route bus..... angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Downey(f): 5:59am On May 02, 2022
In the first place, high way wasn't design for mini - bus. Its for heavy vehicle and cars...And if a mini - bus must use it, it must be without passengers. Maybe the mini - bus driver was competing with vehicles and cars in other to meet up with his daily target and let people died without saying goodbye. What a tragedy way to die and it pain me in,irony!!
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by adecz: 5:59am On May 02, 2022
How bus go capsize again nah,
abi na canoe or speed boat ❓❔❓ ☹️☹️☹️

RIP to the dead ...
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Tony4988(m): 6:01am On May 02, 2022
Condolences to their family. cry

Kindly check my signature
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by another1: 6:01am On May 02, 2022
yanabasee:
I know people that will come and blame Tinubu for this.....

You are the one mentioning and blaming him first.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by koolaid87: 6:01am On May 02, 2022
RIP to the deceased.

I pray for God's protection for all Nigerians

Tired of these death news everyday on front page

1 Like

Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by 1873di: 6:02am On May 02, 2022
[s]
triple996:
Painful
Very painful
[/s]
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 6:02am On May 02, 2022
20 occupants,in that small bus,20 occupants,most death in Nigeria could be avoided sometimes if we really apply safety,these cars have limit weight it should carry but Nigerian will over load a car till its smelling overload all over it..rip to the dead ones,there is a reason oyibo fit in seat belt in cars .
Re: 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge by johnsonpal: 6:03am On May 02, 2022
Barrose4:
Dxf
@seun I think you should implement a simple rule to disallow newly registered accounts from posting in page 1 of any thread or maybe the one that eventually hit the front page.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Okada Rider To Death In Nnewi (graphic Pics) / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. / Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.