Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing (24726 Views)

Messi Ranked No 1 Player On FIFA21 / CAF Releases Shortlist Of Nominees For The African Player Of The Year. / Victor Osimhen Reacts After Winning Ligue 1 Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by tesppidd: 9:44am On May 04, 2022
Benny6944:

Farmers league your overrated goat PESSI couldn't score past 4 goals in 22 games lol
I really don't get it lol

this shameless cherry picking is so unbelievably dubious.

the 5 champions league goals that Messi scored this season, where they imported from barca or he scored them playing for psg?

instead of these clowns to mention Messi's stats this sesson as;

9 goals and 13 assists in 27 matches,

they keep saying 4 goals in 11 months
or 4 goals in 22 matches!

what manner of mischief... grin

9 goals and 13 assists in his first season after 20 years at barca is very very decent.
Especially for a playmaker/attacker.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by iyke2frankeze: 10:02am On May 04, 2022
He will still win Ballon d' or on top his message this year.
Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by Gangster1ms: 10:25am On May 04, 2022
[s]
tesppidd:
It's not stupiid

it's common sense.

Why do you think the English man formed the words adaptation and adaptability?

Just admit that you are bereft of common sense and reason.

As a matter of fact different people in life have different levels of adaptibility; some adapt easily others take more time.

But does that reduce the person's competence or skill; absolutely no.

The funny thing is people who are never-do-wells still come out and talk because they have small internet.

grin grin
[/s]
Still stupid

1 Like

Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by Ijaya123: 10:38am On May 04, 2022
tesppidd:

1. That one can adapt faster does not make one better.
No be only Ronaldo wey adapt, even players like Ibra, Modric, Suarez adapted and adapted very well.
Does that make them better than Messi?
Ask yourself!

2. There is no proof that Ronaldo adapted faster than Messi.

*Ronaldo was already a 19 years old man.

Went to Man U for 5 years
Went to Madrid for 7 years
Went to Juve for 2 years

The highest he ever stayed at one place was for 7 years.!

*Messi was only a 13 year old boy

Stayed at Barca almost all his life, for 20 years.

Now how do you compare the adaptability a 13 year old boy who stayed at one club for 20 years to a 19 year old man who stayed for 7 years max?

You get sense so?

All these rants just to defend that faliure at the farmer’s league?

That fraud is spent already. Kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by GEEBITE: 10:56am On May 04, 2022
All laced with inaccurate facts on Ronaldo
1. Ronaldo's first spell at United:2003-2009 = 6 years
2. Ronaldo at Madrid : 2009-2018= 9 years
3. Ronaldo at Juve :2018-2021= 3years
I doubt if you dont know these facts but post borne out of mischief. Also he was 18 years not 19 when he joined United August 2003.
Have you tried to even switch countries even after just 2 years especially the one with language and culture barriers. Then you will know adaptability is a true test of greatness
tesppidd:

1. That one can adapt faster does not make one better.
No be only Ronaldo wey adapt, even players like Ibra, Modric, Suarez adapted and adapted very well.
Does that make them better than Messi?
Ask yourself!

2. There is no proof that Ronaldo adapted faster than Messi.

*Ronaldo was already a 19 years old man.

Went to Man U for 5 years
Went to Madrid for 7 years
Went to Juve for 2 years

The highest he ever stayed at one place was for 7 years.!

*Messi was only a 13 year old boy

Stayed at Barca almost all his life, for 20 years.

Now how do you compare the adaptability a 13 year old boy who stayed at one club for 20 years to a 19 year old man who stayed for 7 years max?

You get sense so?

1 Like

Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by tesppidd: 12:25pm On May 04, 2022
GEEBITE:
All laced with inaccurate facts on Ronaldo
1. Ronaldo's first spell at United:2003-2009 = 6 years
2. Ronaldo at Madrid : 2009-2018= 9 years
3. Ronaldo at Juve :2018-2021= 3years
I doubt if you dont know these facts but post borne out of mischief. Also he was 18 years not 19 when he joined United August 2003.
Have you tried to even switch countries even after just 2 years especially the one with language and culture barriers. Then you will know adaptability is a true test of greatness
So how does this counter my valid points?

*18 years, 19 years; that is a full grown adult compared with a 13 year old.

*9 years at Madrid starting from age 24; how does it match up with a 13 year old who spent 2 decades at one team?

Look; 20 years is not 9 years.

And this adaptability crap is a mountain out of a molehill.

Players like

Suarez
Ibra
Fabregas
Tuore
Modric
Cavani
David Silva
Alexis Sanchez

all adapted and adapted well. nor be only Ronaldo wey adapt.

shove that adaptability crap up "you know where!"
Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by ojaysam25(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2022
It is expected....he really flopped.
Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by GEEBITE: 4:04pm On May 04, 2022
Sorry I didnt know I got into a mention of a kid who started watching football in 1991. One who doesnt know responding to changes is more difficult for a younger person in a new environment . The emotional intelligence hasn't fully developed based on lived experiences in a 24 year old compared to middle aged man at almost 35.
tesppidd:
So how does this counter my valid points?

*18 years, 19 years; that is a full grown adult compared with a 13 year old.

*9 years at Madrid starting from age 24; how does it match up with a 13 year old who spent 2 decades at one team?

Look; 20 years is not 9 years.

And this adaptability crap is a mountain out of a molehill.

Players like

Suarez
Ibra
Fabregas
Tuore
Modric
Cavani
David Silva
Alexis Sanchez

all adapted and adapted well. nor be only Ronaldo wey adapt.

shove that adaptability crap up "you know where!"
Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by tesppidd: 4:38pm On May 04, 2022
GEEBITE:
Sorry I didnt know I got into a mention of a kid who started watching football in 1991. One who doesnt know responding to changes is more difficult for a younger person in a new environment . The emotional intelligence hasn't fully developed based on lived experiences in a 24 year old compared to middle aged man at almost 35.
grin

So much gibberish here, it feels like the entire gibberish in the world was summarized into one paragraph by you.

In terms of emotional maturity, there is hardly any difference between a 24 year old and a 35 year old; who are both fully grown up adults.

As a matter of fact there are very many 24 year olds who are already more emotionally stronger than 30 year olds.

The most important factor here becomes the length of time spent before making a change.

Messi spent 20 years at Barca before switching to PSG.(including his teenage years)

Ronaldo spent 6 years at Man U before switching to Madrid.(entirely his adult life)

For Christ's sake do i have to paint you guys a picture or draw you a map?

grin
Re: See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing by HellVictorinho4(m): 1:50am On May 06, 2022
tesppidd:
There are many other players who went to other leagues and adapted and excelled as much as they were doing before.

I could name at least 50 players now now now.

So Ronaldo adapting anywhere after spending only 5 years is not a big deal.

The special case with Messi is that he stayed at Barca from when he was a child and spent 20 years at Barca.

Not 2 Not 5 Not 10 Not 15 but 20 long years.

Anybody expecting Messi to adapt within 10 months is an iidiot.

Rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi & Ronaldo Lead FIFA 20 TOTY Nominations / "I Need To Speak To Messi" - Koeman / Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.