Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) (405 Views)

Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion / Neymar Offers His PSG Shirt To Lionel Messi / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by beejayphako(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2022
The shirt Diego Maradona wore during the 1986 World Cup quarterfinal against England -- the match in which he scored the 'Hand of God' and the 'Goal of the Century' -- is estimated to fetch more than £4 million ($5.25 million) at auction.

The iconic blue jersey has been in the possession of former England midfielder Steve Hodge, who exchanged shirts with Maradona after Argentina's 2-0 victory.

During the game, Hodge unintentionally flicked the ball into the air for Maradona to score the infamous 'Hand of God' goal.

"The Hand of God is truly a singular moment not only in the history of sports, but in the history of the 20th century," said Brahm Wachter, Head of Streetwear and Modern Collectables at Sotheby's, the auction house where the shirt is set to be sold.

"The moment resonated far beyond the world of football, coming soon after the Falklands conflict, and has in turn inspired books, films, and documentaries. Maradona is now remembered as one of the greatest to ever play the game of football -- and this particular game is an instrumental part of his legacy.

"Of course, not only was 'The Hand of God' goal scored in this game, but also, the 'Goal of the Century' which is widely considered to be one of the greatest individual goals of all time," Wachter added.

Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by Lifeemetu(m): 8:18am On May 04, 2022
£4 million ($5.25 million)
Just for one shirt?
If I go Aba I will print 20 for 50k
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by tomiwa1989(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2022
20 no small
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by drmuchin: 9:49am On May 04, 2022
MARADONA
GOD OF FOOTBALL
HUBRIS DESTROYED HIM THOUGH
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by rayvelez(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2022
Greatest of all time, even the man celebrated the goal like mad..
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by Izprince(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2022
Shirt do £5million... Chai, if I fit see 1million naira like this I will be the happiest man on earth...
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by paulolee(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2022
thats packaging...that shirt is legendary...
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by WibusJaga: 1:46pm On May 04, 2022
The shirt has turned to a valuable collector's item.

Thank God for VAR. Such hand-of-God goal can never happen again in an important match.
Re: Maradona's 'hand Of God Shirt' To Be Sold For £3.99million ( $ 5million Dollar) by complexBoss12: 2:32pm On May 04, 2022
When you talk about great footballers, you talk about Maradona, Ronaldinho, Zidene, Messi, Okocha, etc. People who made football an art, a beauty to watch.

Not people that bring unnecessary hate and bad blood, people who think their success depends on another's failure, people that score a pen against Norwich and start up goat debate.

If you like cry on my mention, I don't read them grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool's Quadruple Bid At Stake In FA Cup Final Versus Chelsea / Moroccan Giant Wydad Casablanca Won The 2021/2022 CAF Champions League / Who Are Kobe Bryant’s Daughters And Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.