Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue (12827 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Should I Leave My Current Company / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by KOPArespect: 11:00am On May 04, 2022
I will like to be brief, I joined this new company April and I am still within my 3 months probation period but I will like to leave due to the fact that I got to know there is inequality in payment of staffs even in the same level. I think that is one of the reasons why they claim salary must be kept a secret.

The issue now is that I have undergone several trainings and issued about 3 professional certificates. Will I have to pay for the training as indicated in the bonding agreement whereas the termination clause states that either party can withdraw having given 2 weeks prior notice.

*Note: the present job is roughly 220k without accommodation in Portharcout and my new offer is 250k with accommodation in the same state

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Nobody: 11:03am On May 04, 2022
Go n inform them you are quiting.
If they say you can go, go. If they say you can't go, stay for a while n reach agreement with them to exit jejely.
If they maltreat you, maltreat them & quit immediately.
Do it with them jejely or roughly based on their response.
But you must first tender olive branch to show that you are not ungrateful for their investments in you. But you own your life.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by LordIsaac(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2022
Consult a lawyer ASAP.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by ClassicMan202(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
You'll have to pay for the training s received since they paid you salary while training you.

16 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by slawormiir: 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by GODPUNISHALABI: 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
You dey ask naija lawyers wey never chop.....I no see any profession wey get the highest amount of hungry people reach naija lawyers... hunger dey finish dem like say tomorrow no dey grin 1 of my guy wey study law na bet9ja d guy dey use survive grin

54 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by akanbiaa(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
First,
but I will like to leave due to the fact that I got to know there is inequality in payment of staffs

Second,

Note: the present job is roughly 220k without accommodation in Portharcout and my new offer is 250k with accommodation in the same state

Are you leaving because of the latter or the former?!?!
What's really the issue?
You only talked about a new job at the very last part of your thread!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by SpatialKing(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2022
You can easily and freely leave if;
1..You are within your probation period
2..You didn't collect any advances like housing, leave, welfare, salary advances or loan like you aren't owning them any penny.
3..you have given them at least 2 weeks notice
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Okobola146: 12:42pm On May 04, 2022
Where you dey go? You don get another job abi na your village people dey do you?

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by omowolewa: 12:42pm On May 04, 2022
Yes
Give two weeks notice or one month payment in lieu of notice.

Did you sign a bond in respect of the training? If no you are free

But can opt to refund the training fee

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by seanwilliam(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2022
If they find better offer, won’t they sack you ?

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by damosade(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2022
Quit If you want to. If you die nko? won't they continue?
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by 96ACE: 12:42pm On May 04, 2022
grin
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
Ohhh let me learn
Sha remember I'm your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by DallasMike77: 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
pls consult your lawyer ASAP.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Afonjamuslim24(f): 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
I left my #30K stipend job as a BMCow executive some years back and nothing happened. You too can!

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by HelpeeDeck(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2022
Pay them back what the training cost them, then you can leave. currently in the same situation like you. they calculated all the training they sent me and told me how much am to pay before i go

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
KOPArespect:
I will like to be brief, I joined this new company April and I am still within my 3 months probation period but I will like to leave due to the fact that I got to know there is inequality in payment of staffs even in the same level. I think that is one of the reasons why they claim salary must be kept a secret.

The issue now is that I have undergone several trainings and issued about 3 professional certificates. Will I have to pay for the training as indicated in the bonding agreement whereas the termination clause states that either party can withdraw having given 2 weeks prior notice.

*Note: the present job is roughly 220k without accommodation in Portharcout and my new offer is 250k with accommodation in the same state

If you leave without fulfilling the terms encapsulated in that contract, they will sue you for the balance and breach of contract.

You signed the agreement. But then, they can’t force you to stay if you don’t want to.

My advise is that you send in your resignation with the two weeks notice and let them make demand for their balance.

It’s a debt and you can always work out a repayment plan. Don’t let them cajole you to stay. The law is that they can’t keep you against your wish. But remember the training must be paid for.

Shalom

12 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2022
KOPArespect:

Congratulations on the new offer.

The normal practice is to give 2 weeks notice if you have not been confirmed, and upon confirmation, a month notice or 1 month in lieu. Its pays to honor the 1 month notification or the in-lieu payment (in a situation u cannot give a month notice) because, ur current place of work will request for a reference letter from your last place of work. This implies that, if you leave without proper notification, u will have issues obtaining a reference letter from you last employer.

10 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by KOPArespect: 12:47pm On May 04, 2022
But I am still within probation period sir
HelpeeDeck:
Pay them back what the training cost them, then you can leave. currently in the same situation like you. they calculated all the training they sent me and told me how much am to pay before i go
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit
damnnn

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
You dey ask naija lawyers wey never chop.....I no see any profession wey get the highest amount of hungry people reach naija lawyers... hunger dey finish dem like say tomorrow no dey grin 1 of my guy wey study law na bet9ja d guy dey use survive grin
Hahahhahahaha this is a big lie

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by KOPArespect: 12:50pm On May 04, 2022
As regard the inequality in the payment, I can't stand doing the same job with a collegue and being paid less... Although I would endure if I didn't have a another offer, but I will keep job hunting.
post=112513187:
First,

Second,

Are you leaving because of the latter or the former?!?!
What's really the issue?
You only talked about a new job at the very last part of your thread!
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by shogz89: 12:52pm On May 04, 2022
It is clear in your letter. you can leave in 2 weeks if you are yet to be confirmed. Also, it is good to leave your former company in good terms.. Even your new company should be able to give a one month allowance for you to properly handover.. You are free to leave in 2 weeks though since you are still under probation.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by NLPoliceWoman: 12:53pm On May 04, 2022
Good
Re: Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:54pm On May 04, 2022
KOPArespect:
As regard the inequality in the payment, I can't stand doing the same job with a collegue and being paid less... Although I would endure if I didn't have a another offer, but I will keep job hunting.
Okay, drop your 2 weeks notice first, and see what they say after that about the training and certification part.

8 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification? / Surveying And Geoinformatics Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.