Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out (54878 Views)

86 Fb Football Ponzi Investment Legit Or Scam 86 Fb 86 Z 86 W Football Review / 8 6fb Football Ponzi Investment Legit Or Scam 8 6 Fb Football Review / Crowd Besiege Makurdi Stadium For Ponzi Scheme Reward, Left Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by dre11(m): 7:58pm On May 04, 2022
‘We've Been Swindled’ — Nigerian Victims Cry Out As Chinese-owned Ponzi Scheme Allegedly Steals Over N200 Billion Investment Funds

Some Nigerians who fell victim to the 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme have cried out for help after losing over N200 billion to the investment platform.

SaharaReporters gathered that thousands of Nigerians had invested funds in the company which claimed to return 3% profit on the initial investment.

However, the company had stopped paying investors. Some of the victims told SaharaReporters that the company had dubiously registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission using the passport document of a Nigerian young lady named: Alozie Chidiebube Chimuanya, with the help of a lawyer, Bernard Andah Damisa.

According to them, the company has moved over N200 billion using Tether (USDT), a blockchain-based cryptocurrency whose tokens in circulation are backed by an equivalent amount of U.S. dollars. They also claimed the company had stolen another $52 million (N21.5 billion).

They further called for an investigation into the issue so as to bring the perpetrators to book.

One of the victims, who said he invested the money taken from his boss at work said he might be sacked anytime soon.
He said, “It is about 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme, an alleged faceless Chinese which has scammed millions of Nigerians with the help of some of our fellow Nigerians and banks.

“This company (86fb Football Technology) is registered under CAC in a dubious method, using the passport document of a Nigerian Young Lady Named: Alozie Chidiebube Chimuanya, through the help of a lawyer whose name is Bernard Andah Damisa.

“Most of the naira bank accounts used in scamming us were allegedly under the signatory to the Chinese nationals, it is alleged that the amount was about N200 billion and $52 million has been moved through USDT based on intelligence report.

“We want you to use your office to help us to bring all involved in this Ponzi scheme to book, starting with the lawyer who facilitated the registration of the company and who is also the secretary to the company, the banks used to move funds to provide the customer details for further investigations.”

However, SaharaReporters noticed the company had put a statement on its website admitting that it was struggling and in a crisis.
The statement reads, “A letter to all users of 86fb Dear all users of 86fb, when you see this announcement, that may be when our company is struggling. A series of things have happened recently that make us unable to operate normally, and 86fb apologize for this!
“The purpose of today's announcement is very clear. I want to explain to you why 86fb cannot withdraw cash normally? The reason is because we are maliciously freezing all our funds by a payment company called Flutterwave, which maliciously freezes our funds and repeatedly wants to take the funds as their own.

“And through cooperating with the local police to blackmail us 86fb, we have not yielded, we have been trying our best to protect the rights and interests of every user, but the other party has a strong background in Nigeria, we cannot fight against it, so now 86fb cannot withdraw money normally!

“For everyone's funds, and for the dignity of 86fb, we will not bow to this force! On behalf of 86fb, I implore you all to fight with me against Flutterwave's malicious behavior of unreasonably freezing funds. I hope you can help us get justice. Here I announce the address of the Flutterwave payment company. If the money is to be returned, 86fb solemnly promises that once the funding problem is resolved, we will pay all users’ funds as soon as possible!

“Thanks for being with you all the way Flutterwave address: At present, I have received feedback from many members that they have to get their own money when they find Flutterwave, so the platform recommends everyone to go to the Flutterwave payment company to get back their own funds!”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/04/%E2%80%98weve-been-swindled%E2%80%99-%E2%80%94-nigerian-victims-cry-out-chinese-owned-ponzi-scheme-allegedly

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Malory: 7:59pm On May 04, 2022
Ponzi schemes! I reserve my comment since I lost 400k in MMM. Anyone who's foolish enough to be involved in anything ponzi should have him or herself to be blamed when it turns sour

332 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 04, 2022
Serves them right.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by afroniger: 8:17pm On May 04, 2022
200-billion?? Where una dey see all these money? Ponzi scheme victims no dey finish for this country. Tomorrow now we will hear that another set of people have yet again lost billions to another ponzi scheme. Where una dey see all these money

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Maxymilliano(m): 8:17pm On May 04, 2022
Nigerians and greed na 5&6 bring another ponzi with mouth offering returns tomorrow and you'd see them scrambling to throw in money.

That's why Politicians use the masses to play ping-pong

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Lanretoye(m): 8:32pm On May 04, 2022
I don talk say na money wey nigeria owe china,china know say nigeria no fit ever pay the money back na why dem take style rake that money from nigerians.na still part payment dem collect self.

21 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Beremx(f): 8:36pm On May 04, 2022
People never learn from experience. Dey no dey hear word.
Anyway, they deserved what they got.

Pele o!

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by rayvelez(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2022
Mumu Nigerians deh will continue to swindled y’all until you decide to learn..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by omenkaLives(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2022
Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Oplomo: 8:41pm On May 04, 2022
Who own flutterwave?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by decatalyst(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2022
Revolution2022:
Serves them right.

I wonder if Nigerians ever learn.

So baffling!

11 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 04, 2022
Dumb people everywhere...no free money.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by press9jatv: 8:51pm On May 04, 2022
Thank God I don’t delve into this clueless Ponzi schemes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by duduade: 1:12am On May 05, 2022
All investors should count their losses and move on

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by BabangidaHamza(m): 7:07am On May 05, 2022
inoki247:
I don't understand again oh shey na Nigeria get the highest rate of daft people in the whole wide world....

At least MMM alone suppose don teach people lesson buh people no still hear if Ponzi scheme show today people are always rushing it like early Morning Oshodi bus...
bring another Ponzi scheme, our naija peps go rush am. It's about greed and selfishness

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:24am On May 05, 2022
Afonjas must have assisted this criminal act

3 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by GODPUNISHALABI: 7:37am On May 05, 2022
Mmm 86fb chinmark......omo I wan start my own ponzi oo anybody grin

23 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by gambia(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2022
Some Nigerians are just too greedy and daft, they should count their loss and move on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Femolacaster(m): 7:57am On May 05, 2022
After losing a lot to some of these yeye ponzi scheme last year, I don give myself sense.
Funny enough, a colleague of mine introduced this 86f bet to me last month, trying to convince me to join.....me wey don get sense.
Thank God she yielded to my advice by withdrawing her funds with her profits before the final collapse.
Nigerians should get sense, Dem go don dey package another ponzi now.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by phemmyfour: 8:29am On May 05, 2022
inoki247:
I don't understand again oh shey na Nigeria get the highest rate of daft people in the whole wide world....

At least MMM alone suppose don teach people lesson buh people no still hear if Ponzi scheme show today people are always rushing it like early Morning Oshodi bus...
Greed is addictive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by Nbotee(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2022
I warned everyone I know about that 86fb. They kept saying "shebi it's jus 3500". Now all of them dey fear to complain about their money. It is usually the same format; pay for a few months and then stop payments while accusing the govt and agencies of being behind their problems

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by BuhariNaWah: 10:05am On May 05, 2022
Nigerians no dey hear word .

They don't learn

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by oluwaseyi0: 10:05am On May 05, 2022
Stop calling all this fools who put money in Ponzi scheme "investor"

Call them what they are which is 'fool'
A fool and his money are soon parted

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by stano2(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2022
Greedy people...Keep on crying

1 Like

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by ShenTeh(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2022
Ponzi na your mate?!
Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by halaqasa: 10:06am On May 05, 2022
If dem start another one tomorrow

Una go still do again

9 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2022
Facebook
Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by sofeo(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2022
Ok.
Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by CalabarPikin: 10:06am On May 05, 2022
How I escaped being a victim is still a testimony

2 Likes

Re: 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out by dadavivo: 10:06am On May 05, 2022
If this story is true, I'm happy idiotic people lost money.

If MMM didn't teach Nigerians a lesson about all this Ponzi scheme of investment then I don't think anything can teach them a lesson.

The Chinese people are innocent, the greedy Nigerian foools should be arrested if identify.

The next thing they will start protesting and opening their mouth waaaa that government should help recover their far gone money.

The ₦200billion is gone, bye bye

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy / Pennywise Wealth Management - Real Or Scam? / THISDAY-Jonathan’s Exit Seen As Spark Needed To Ignite Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.