Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme (30224 Views)

Highest Jamb Score In Hostory: Ibrahim Made History In UTME 2016 / Public School Boy Scores 310 In UTME & 75% In Post UTME / Strictly For Those Who Chose Abu Zaria In Utme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by lagcity(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jul/10/832.html

One of the heroes of the June 18, 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is, arguably, Master Olawaseun Osonuga.

At a time when 842,941 out of the 1,493,000 candidates that sat for the examination were said to have scored below 200 marks, this 16-year-old boy scored a total of 311 marks out of the 400 marks.

With the feat, the Senior Secondary School 3 student of The Vale College, Ibadan, is among the 2,892 candidates who the JAMB's Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, said scored 300 and above in the examination.

The college is owned by Mrs. Funsho Adegbola, a daughter of the slain Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige.

When our correspondent met the successful boy who intends to study electrical/electronic engineering at the University of Lagos in the premises of his college tucked inside the Iyaganku Quarters on Friday, nothing showed that he had just clocked 16 on May 6. His stature and his brilliant answers to the different questions posed at him did not in any way portray him as a teenager.

The first child of a family of five was said to have been transferred to the college in SSS1 from Christ the King Catholic College, Odolewu in Ijebu, Ogun State.

On how he achieved the feat, Osonuga said that apart from the grace of God, his college prepared him for the success he recorded in the examination.

He said that based on the training on character development that he received in the college, he decided to set a target for himself in the examination.

"When I learnt that the highest score recorded in last year's examination was 310, I set that as a target with a vow that I would not score anything less and I worked towards that target," he said.

By the time the results were released, Osonuga exceeded his target with one mark. He scored 71 in Chemistry; 73 in Physics; 87 in Mathematics and 80 in the Use of English.

Prior to the UTME, the teenage boy has been leading his class with 'A' in all his nine subjects. He belongs to the college's quiz squad and he represented Oyo State in the Science and Technology Association of Nigeria's quiz in Makurdi, Benue State, recently, where he came 11th among the representatives of the 36 states of the country.

Like the proverbial birds of the same feather that flock together, Osonuga's best friend and classmate, Mubarak Alaaya, also made a good showing in the same examination. They are both among the 21 SSS3 students of the college that wrote the examination.

Alaaya, whose score is the closest to that of Osonuga in the school, scored 292 marks. His breakdown showed that he scored 72 in Economics; 78 in Mathematics; 69 in Government and 73 in the Use of English.

Incidentally, Alaaya is the first teenager to won N1m on the popular television quiz programme, Who wants to be a millionaire? anchored by Frank Edoho.

Osonuga said that he could not have done less than that because of the kind of exposure they were given at the college.

He disclosed that the student-to-teacher ratio in the school is 5:1; adding that with that kind of attention, students have no choice than to do well.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by mamagee3(f): 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
Congratulations to him. . .
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
thumbs up cool

if he did not do expo
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by WackyJ1(m): 8:33am On Jul 12, 2011
Yawn,
I like one aspect about the guy. He admits his school helped him.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Geomel: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
It is Intersting what a wonderful story.
We offer visas to student who are willing to continue their eductional career in overseas.
www.geomeledu..com
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by MMM2(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lúcky guy,
Dats d kind of boiz we need in 9ja.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Winnerslfc(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2011
lagcity:

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jul/10/832.html

One of the heroes of the June 18, 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is, arguably, Master Olawaseun Osonuga.

At a time when 842,941 out of the 1,493,000 candidates that sat for the examination were said to have scored below 200 marks, this 16-year-old boy scored a total of 311 marks out of the 400 marks.

With the feat, the Senior Secondary School 3 student of The Vale College, Ibadan, is among the 2,892 candidates who the JAMB's Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, said scored 300 and above in the examination.

The college is owned by Mrs. Funsho Adegbola, a daughter of the slain Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige.

When our correspondent met the successful boy who intends to study electrical/electronic engineering at the University of Lagos in the premises of his college tucked inside the Iyaganku Quarters on Friday, nothing showed that he had just clocked 16 on May 6. His stature and his brilliant answers to the different questions posed at him did not in any way portray him as a teenager.

The first child of a family of five was said to have been transferred to the college in SSS1 from Christ the King Catholic College, Odolewu in Ijebu, Ogun State.

On how he achieved the feat, Osonuga said that apart from the grace of God, his college prepared him for the success he recorded in the examination.

He said that based on the training on character development that he received in the college, he decided to set a target for himself in the examination.

"When I learnt that the highest score recorded in last year's examination was 310, I set that as a target with a vow that I would not score anything less and I worked towards that target," he said.

By the time the results were released, Osonuga exceeded his target with one mark. He scored 71 in Chemistry; 73 in Physics; 87 in Mathematics and 80 in the Use of English.

Prior to the UTME, the teenage boy has been leading his class with 'A' in all his nine subjects. He belongs to the college's quiz squad and he represented Oyo State in the Science and Technology Association of Nigeria's quiz in Makurdi, Benue State, recently, where he came 11th among the representatives of the 36 states of the country.

Like the proverbial birds of the same feather that flock together, Osonuga's best friend and classmate, Mubarak Alaaya, also made a good showing in the same examination. They are both among the 21 SSS3 students of the college that wrote the examination.

Alaaya, whose score is the closest to that of Osonuga in the school, scored 292 marks. His breakdown showed that he scored 72 in Economics; 78 in Mathematics; 69 in Government and 73 in the Use of English.

Incidentally, Alaaya is the first teenager to won N1m on the popular television quiz programme, Who wants to be a millionaire? anchored by Frank Edoho.

Osonuga said that he could not have done less than that because of the kind of exposure they were given at the college.

He disclosed that the student-to-teacher ratio in the school is 5:1; adding that with that kind of attention, students have no choice than to do well.

why i am not doubting the posibility of this, i must call to our attention the high rate of manipulations that marred the 2011 UTME. Dibu Ojurinde should be ashamed of himself by now. After all the finger print shit, i can say this year's UTME was one of the worst i have ever seen.
You wouldn't want Nigerians to believe that we can only find brilliant students in big schools.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Contumely: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
Congrats dear!
I affirm that JAMB by failing to provide writing materials, especially calculators( since students were instructed not to come with any), contributed immeasurably to some students' dismal performance.
Regrettably, who sues them for such negligence of duty?
I also I have an inkling that JAMB intentionally flunked some students so as to still amass fortunes from them next year.
Check it;
JAMB FORM: 4650 to 5100 naira.
NO OF CANDIDATES:1.49m.
It is indeed rueful.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Serendipity: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2011
PLEASE last year's highest JAMB score wasn't 310 since it has not yet been released.
Maybe they meant 2009 because it was the year a 16yr old female topped with 310.
Congratulations!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Serendipity: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
Contumely:

Congrats dear!
I affirm that JAMB by failing to provide writing materials, especially calculators( since students were instructed not to come with any), contributed immeasurably to some students' dismal performance.
I also I have an inkling that JAMB intentionally flunked some students so as to still amass fortunes from them next year.
Check it;
It is indeed rueful.
Just maybe, imagine.
They even unabashedly declared that it was only about 20% that would be absorbed in the limited spaces in the Nigeria varsities.
Gosh!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
Contumely:

Congrats dear!
I also I have an inkling that JAMB intentionally flunked some students so as to still amass  fortunes from them next year.
Check it;
It is indeed rueful.

A Lawyer friend of mine Sued them to court, they will get there ass kick this time, according to him, he said that there is act of the law that states that you count just witheld someone results by saying he cheated without giving him/her the opportunity to defend his/her results, but people dont know this.

Nigerians don know there rights that is why all these shits have been happening
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by DonShark(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2011

The lad is a genius,kudos to him and the school. I believe the school has just been publicized to the populace.Maybe,I'll send my child to that school.All the same,the guy needs a scholarship.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hello MOD here, i want to modify that count to cant, but the site is telling me the topic is locked that i cant, funny maybe you should do that urself
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by TheBoss16(m): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Nice One.He's obviously a smart kid as evident from his previous achievements
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by candylips(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
still don't know how JAMB marks this exam till date
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Yankee01: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
Congrats, boy!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by pepperoni(f): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
Brilliant boy. I am impressed. Keep it up. When u go into that school called UNILAG, don't lose FOCUS dar-ling cos its that easy to. I finished from thurr so i know what i am saying!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by ogospec(f): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
kudos to him, i love him, how i wish i can meet him, what a genius
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by rolchi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
Good boi, that's my boi! wink
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by dayokanu(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
When his mates are roaming Nairaland opening terrible thread he is beasting his UME
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by RabiuAnka(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2011
Good boy, contratulations and keep it up.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by atasteve: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
Whao, good boy, keep the flag flying.
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Roland17(m): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
The student-teacher ratio in many schools would not help students study well and achieve great results, from the post its good to know that Hard work pays,
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Mobinga: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
Nice!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Tinyemeka(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
I've always suspected it! individuals born in the month of May, almost always turn out to be outstanding. I wrote my JAMB and WAEC at the age of 15 although I didn't smash like him O grin
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by oaikhenan(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2011
ALL THE HATERS SHOULD SHUT  lipsrsealed  angry THEIR TRAP UP!!!  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
The Boy prepared to succed and he did. What is your problem?   tongue
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by Sike(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
Comfirmed Boy! *thumbz up*
And as for you,
Tinyemeka:

I've always suspected it! individuals born in the month of May, almost always turn out to be outstanding. I wrote my JAMB and WAEC at the age of 15 although I didn't smash like him O  grin
I wish you GOODLUCK!
Re: 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme by boyt1: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
congratulation boy! you have added value to your life. While your mates are on nairaland  typing  how  frustrated they are about the country. keep moving!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University,ago Iwoye Post Ume / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Nairalander Bags 1st Class From OAU, Wins Highest Number Of Awards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.