Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) (90753 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / Steam Ship Used By British Government In 1880 Spotted In Bayelsa State. Photos / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by tonididdy(m): 10:43pm On May 06, 2022
Chai village people are real grin some chef just lost his/her job
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by foreshore(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2022
Dorwadora:
A Twitter user @joevarock posted a picture of a meal that ought to be jollof rice served to her on an airplane en route to Ghana from London.

She wrote
" Twitter, it's time I share with you the "jollof rice" British Airways served on my flight to Ghana a few weeks ago"

Many took to the comment section to compare the meal to Ghana flag as British airways was savaged. Other passengers also posted pictures of jolof rice served by the same airline while some complained about the ingredients and the wrong spelling.

British airways eventually apologized.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joevarock/status/1521504857328218112

This one wey be like porridge and egg sauce
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by casppyjay: 11:36pm On May 06, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

the "ALL" in my reply should tell you that i am a frequent flyer.
then u are a pathetic person to want homemade style meal on a commercial flight..

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by xukwaa: 12:15am On May 07, 2022
Stop creating stupid topics like it is your first time of travelling.... Your topic is meant for people who do not travel outside the country. It is either vegetable or fish/meat but you requested for vegetable instead and created rubbish topic!

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Dorwadora(f): 12:24am On May 07, 2022
xukwaa:
Stop creating stupid topics like it is your first time of travelling.... Your topic is meant for people who do not travel outside the country. It is either vegetable or fish/meat but you requested for vegetable instead and created rubbish topic!
easy there.... Easy sir embarassed embarassed
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On May 07, 2022
casppyjay:
then u are a pathetic person to want homemade style meal on a commercial flight..

i certainly do not want a homemade style meal but i also understand what good food is... and economy airline food is garbage. abeg, let us not pretend that economy food is great food, thats an insult to great food. i have a personal connection with Gate Gourmet, and believe me once again, their food (as well as that of any other airline catering company) is nothing to write home about.

hollywater:
Better hunger Neva catch u. Fly from USA to ISTANBUL TURKEY den straight to Nigeria. If dem give you Akamu,you go collect.

there are many restaurants at the airport and/or lounge where you will knack better food...
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by TobiAbuja: 1:10am On May 07, 2022
Food is always prepared in country of departing flight. So this is food prepared in Ghana. What is so amazing about that?

The quality of food is always best flying out of Europe or middle East.

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Gnosis777: 2:10am On May 07, 2022
lol, that doesn't look anything like the pictures I've saw. I have a West African cookbook and that picture looks nothing like the recipe in the book.
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by natanil: 4:34am On May 07, 2022
Una dey talk like una no know what british stands for.... It stands for stngjness if you no know make you know. British airways is still very costly a flight, why do people still use it when they know that the managers are never spending good enough to keep it safe.
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Amayabor1: 4:34am On May 07, 2022
Why does it look like abacha?
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:15am On May 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Diabolic meal.

The cook should be killed.
You can't make a comment like this in a civilised society. Shows your level of exposure
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by jamace(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2022
What is jolloff in this rice? angry This is an abuse of our darling cuisine.. cheesy
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Bashnigga(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2022
Joloff eh cheesy
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by megareal: 7:52am On May 07, 2022
But where is the rice? sad
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by ALFADOS(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2022
Dorwadora:
A Twitter user @joevarock posted a picture of a meal that ought to be jollof rice served to her on an airplane en route to Ghana from London.

She wrote
" Twitter, it's time I share with you the "jollof rice" British Airways served on my flight to Ghana a few weeks ago"

Many took to the comment section to compare the meal to Ghana flag as British airways was savaged. Other passengers also posted pictures of jolof rice served by the same airline while some complained about the ingredients and the wrong spelling.

It's an abomination in our culture for such combination
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Charlesobinna22: 8:04am On May 07, 2022
That’s not cool at all
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Beautygoddesss: 8:57am On May 07, 2022
poshestmina:
I wouldn't even touch that with a long pole, much more eat it undecided undecided undecided.
poshestmina:
I wouldn't even touch that with a long pole, much more eat it undecided undecided undecided.
poshestmina:
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Beautygoddesss: 8:59am On May 07, 2022
Asin eh aswear
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Beautygoddesss: 9:01am On May 07, 2022
They just spoiled our sweet naija jollof cook needs to be flogged
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Beautygoddesss: 9:02am On May 07, 2022
ALFADOS:
cry
ALFADOS:
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Orpe7(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2022
They intentionally want you to vomit drugs incase u carry any

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by ajl: 1:34pm On May 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
i wouldnt value the meals served on ANY airline out there...they are all garbage (unless you fly business/1st class)!

Who told you so? How many times have you fly before? Already flew uncomfortable times on economy and few times on first class. Nothing about the food when I was on first class stuck out to me aside the fact that you get more options and you have more comfort. Nonetheless, there were good amount of thrash meals on and much more nice and healthy meals on economy flights.
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by ajl: 1:39pm On May 07, 2022
The same way Roman empire and their recent descendants took over your ancestors land and properties, and rename everything in order to make them theirs. That meal was surely made by a UK company. Ten years from now, you will learn that Jolof of whatever name they give it, is an original British meal.
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 2:06pm On May 07, 2022
Dorwadora:

She wrote

The so-called British Airways in-flight meal lacks aesthetics... Yuck!

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by obontami: 2:56pm On May 07, 2022
pozehnani:
Eeeww.. looks like vomit!

What's vegetable soup doing inside jollof by the way? undecided.

I bet the vegetables tastes like vomit! lipsrsealed

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by pozehnani(f): 3:18pm On May 07, 2022
obontami:

I bet the vegetables tastes like vomit! lipsrsealed

grin..
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2022
ajl:
Who told you so? How many times have you fly before? Already flew uncomfortable times on economy and few times on first class. Nothing about the food when I was on first class stuck out to me aside the fact that you get more options and you have more comfort. Nonetheless, there were good amount of thrash meals on and much more nice and healthy meals on economy flights.

traveling is part of my life, and have travelled the world over and over again, for the best part of the last 20yrs... dont get me wrong, i am not asking you to take my word for it, but this is my own opinion on airline food for economy travellers. BTW you should know that 1st class food (on long haul flights) is even prepared differently than economy food. again, there is a HUGE difference between economy food and 1st class.

Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Alusiizizi(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
i wouldnt value the meals served on ANY airline out there...they are all garbage (unless you fly business/1st class)!

Fly Emirates or Qatar, then you'll know just how mistaken you are.
Re: The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) by Bahamas95(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2022
From the spelling the passenger suppose know say wahala dey.

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada