Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? (11085 Views)

Access Bank To Pay N53.47 Billion For 75% Of Intercontinental Bank / What Is The Swift Code And Routing Number For Intercontinental Bank Plc / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by DoubleN(m): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
Just tuned in to Channels TV now and saw the above headline.
Please what is the implication of this on existing account holders of the said banks?

Statement: Following the execution of a Memorandum of Understanding between Access Bank Plc and Intercontinental Bank Plc for the purpose of a business combination to create one of Africa’s largest financial institutions, we are pleased to announce that both parties have now entered into legally binding terms for the proposed combination with the signing of the Transaction Implementation Agreement (TIA).

The transaction will involve a Scheme of Arrangement in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has conveyed its no –objection to the terms of the TIA and has granted both parties approval to implement the terms of the Agreement.

Consequently, the parties will now commence the process of a Scheme of Arrangement, which in line with best practice; will be subject to necessary Shareholder, Regulatory and Judicial approvals.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/access-intercontinental-bank-begin-merger-acquisition-talks/
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Laajman(m): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
Is amazing how far AIG and H. Wigwe have come.
From buying the old Access Bank, merging it with a couple of small banks in 2005 and now merging with Intercontinental?

Is it even a merger or acquisition?

It'd be interesting to see how they digest Intercontinental,
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by signal: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
can this be true about access bank and Intercontinental bank?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by ololade247(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
yes na true
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by cupid4ig(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
sanusi and his plans to riun nigerian economy
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by nethacker(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
cupid4ig:

sanusi and his plans to riun nigerian economy
how? shocked
na him tell aig or wigwe to embezzle?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by fxtopedia(m): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
It is acquisition not merging
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Epiphany(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2011
Interesting news
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Finecat(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2011
I feel Sorry for Thousands of Intercontinental staff members. I hope some of them has started looking for another job because there is a tsunami heading their way.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by MMM2(m): 3:53am On Jul 13, 2011
Just passing angry
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by clip: 4:19am On Jul 13, 2011
Sanusi has succeeded in Removing the name intercontinental from the Banking industry.He should remember that it only 8years maximum.I know he is following a script,very soon we all see the end of the story
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Nymphnode(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2011
Good news to developers. Enough branches across the nation to be re configured. What will the new name be now?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2011
It is an acquisition

Laajman:

Is amazing how far AIG and H. Wigwe have come.
From buying the old Access Bank, merging it with a couple of small banks in 2005 and now merging with Intercontinental?

Is it even a merger or acquisition?

It'd be interesting to see how they digest Intercontinental,
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by linsa01(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2011
Pls, wht will happen to the numerous staffs of intercontinental & access banks? Hope their work is secured.
SANUSI!!!
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by iluvnet(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2011
DJTee:

It is an acquisition

pls which bank is acquiring which bank? give us more details.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by bumba1234: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2011
its just Erastus coming back via the duo of AIG and herbert.(Reliable Source), Access bank itself needs a core investor, people are going to be laid off and the acquisition is a time bomb waiting to be BOKO HARAMISED
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by blank(f): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2011
What happens to my shares in both Access and Intercontinental? Hope they will buy it from me at a price above the current market value?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by luciano80(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2011
so which of the institutions is doing the "acquiring"?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by ochiaha1(m): 10:40am On Jul 13, 2011
blank:

What happens to my shares in both Access and Intercontinental? Hope they will buy it from me at a price above the current market value?

@blank, you are a real cashmadam !!!

Its good news for those who have bank accounts with Intercontinental bank.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by baslone: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2011
linsa01:

Pls, wht will happen to the numerous staffs of intercontinental & access banks? Hope their work is secured.
SANUSI!!!

Bad news! Intercontinental keep permanent staffs while 80 percent of workers in Access are contract staffs!
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2011
Access, the healthier bank is acquiring Intercontinental, the not-so-healthy bank. Access has recognised that all existing shareholders will play a significant role in ensuring the success of the acquisition and have smartly decided to carry them along

iluvnet:

pls which bank is acquiring which bank? give us more details.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by rahouf1: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2011
from my findings,it was confirmed that access bank is acquiring intercontinental,
i think its a welcome development but GOVT should intervene not to sack any staff.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Gbenge77(m): 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
We shall have to wait and see if that merger materialises.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by tlops(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
DJTee:

It is an acquisition

who is acquiring who?
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by sley4life(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
how true is the story
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by executinal(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
still Reading wink
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Okukk(m): 5:59am On Jul 14, 2011
I feel most for all the HND holders in Intercontinental bank, cos I hear Access bank don't have room for them.
Small fish wey dey swallow Big fish, no be small thing!
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Kekekenny(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2011
i know d outcome of all ds senario(merger or acquisition) is not going 2 favour major intercontinental bank staffs.Lets wait and see.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by kunlaxo: 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2011
The name can be change to INTER ACCESS BANK PLC, The funny thing about access bank is that it only recruits young graduates below maturity age, the maximum entry age in access bank is 22 and i wonder how many young graduates will meet up this age these days after the useless NYSC thing,those that truly meet up are the girls who will be thrown into marketing,exposing them to all kinds of torturing from many MD/ CEOs and in oder to meet target.many graduates are been thought to telling lies of their age, teaching our people to lie is not the best way for recruitment and our economy.i fear for this country and most importantly the future of our youth,another thing is how they will be able to change their employment policy with those to accomodate that of Intercontinetal employees who are mostly HND/OND ?definitely unemployment is bound to increase, sanusi is this good? no wonder Akingbola was SO BITTER crying and against this merger, i feel for this country and our unemployed graduates because people will sure lose their jobs, LET SEE HOW IT GOES.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by Beync(f): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
This is a confirmed truth my friend who works with the bank told me.
Access is acquiring Intercontinental
The bank will soon change to Access Inter
What i cant tell is how it will affect Intercon depositors
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by hallmark77: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2011
What do you mean about how it will affect inter. depositors?Their account will remain thesame and nothing will change definitely.
Re: Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? by monopolist: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2011
How will this merger affect Intercontinental Bank Shareholders?

Will the NGN1.06kobo Shares of Intercontinental become NGN7 of Access?

How much will it become?

What is the implication of the TIA that was signed recently on Shareholders of both Banks?

What will our Intercontinental Bank Shares become in terms of value?

How is the AMCON Bond affecting Shareholders of rescued banks?

I hope Shareholders will still get value for their investments if they decided to sell off their Shares?

I THINK A BIGGER DRAMA IS COMING SOON!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Among Candidates For World Bank President / Enugu Traders Get N1 Million Each For Their Burnt Shops / Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.