Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo (11793 Views)

Herdsmen Kill father And Son In Benue State (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) / Police Kill 2 Robbers In Abuja, Recover Pistol And Bullets (photo) / Armed Robbers Kill 2 Policemen, Bank Staff, Cart Away N25M LG Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Afanna1: 1:20am On Jul 12, 2011
[b]BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI-Two people are feared dead, while an unspecified number of women have been reportedly raped by Fulani herdsmen who invaded Umuapu community in Ohaji/Egbema local council area of Imo State with their cattle.

Vanguard investigation revealed that angered by the alleged gory activities of the Fulani herdsmen,  scores of women and youths barricaded the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway yesterday to protest their plight.

Traffic along the highway was, for the greater part of yesterday, disrupted at Umuapu, while commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to get to their destinations.
     One of the protesters, who simply identified himself as Chukwudi, lamented that “apart from the two dead villagers, the Fulani herdsmen have ceaselessly raped our women and girls as well as destroyed the crops in our farms.”

He described the grazing of their cattle on farmlands as “a deliberate ploy by these Fulani herdsmen to ensure that we are not food sufficient in Imo.”

Every effort made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, failed as he was said to be away from the office when Vanguard called.

However, a senior police officer in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident and quickly added that normalcy had returned to the rural community.

“The police is aware of previous reports about the activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the area. We are investigating the incident but the villagers did not wait for us to complete our investigations before they jumped into the highway,” the police officer said.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/herdsmen-kill-2-rape-women-in-imo/
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by aljharem3: 1:30am On Jul 12, 2011
this is propaganda

i mean they are not even sure they are fulanis yet they suspect the fulanis

do se people not rear cattles again,

or the other day when i was saying they are indigenous fulani/hausa/kanuri in ebonyi, cross river, lagos, rivers state
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 1:31am On Jul 12, 2011
lets wait to see the reply from all the brave Ikenga.  EzeUche where art thou?
Odikwa serious oo, abata go grin grin
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by aljharem3: 1:32am On Jul 12, 2011
also how do fulanis rape women ??

are they really fulanis ?
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:05am On Jul 12, 2011
The so called 'men' in that village are a total disgrace. But of course there's always the exception to the rule: for sure i know this couldn't happen in Anambra or Abia states without some Fulani blood being spilt.

But the story get k-leg. It's reported two people are feared dead- so does that mean no bodies have been seen yet and they just assume they're dead? Or did the herdsmen go off with the bodies or kidnap the people concerned? I presume the herdsmen don't suffer from premature ejaculati*on, so when they were busy rapi*ng, what were the sons of the village doing?

If this did happen and the story spreads -apart from the Umuapu male youths being laughed at for having no balls- i seriously fear for the life of any Fulani herdsmen and their families in any part of Igbo land. Imo state is Igbo heartland, and far from their nearest comfort zone of Benue.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 2:07am On Jul 12, 2011
shocked shocked  shocked

This is an abomination!  angry

The men of Umuapu have brought shame to themselves and the ENTIRE Igbo race for not protecting their women.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 2:11am On Jul 12, 2011
I found comments about this.

Comments -

AdeOgunz

Umuakpu Kweenu!!!!! You guys are dissappointing us, dont you have a youth group? Hunt down those cows in human body, look for some man-lover people to violation them, carve them out with your matchetes before setting them ablaze! sell their cows to compensate to families of the berieved! and declare your community a no go area to Fulani and their hordes. Chikena! Protesting is not gonna solve anything because like goats, they'll come back and wanna do worse!

------------------------------------
Nagagiwa Ichiro

Barricade the highway? This is a grave insult to the entire ibo race. Abokis  violated  ibo women, killed 2, and the youths of the community resorted to barricading the highway, instead of killing  the bloody abokis  and their cattles. Aboki`s can`t dream of coming to my community - obioma ngwa, to try this bullshit. Cos we will feed on them as well as their cattles. It is a fact that nigeria is now a lawless state. And when lawlessness becomes the   order of the day, it becomes unlawful to be law abiding. Both the traditional ruler and the youths of this community should be castrated and sent to ogoni, to be tapping palmwine. The same abokis that are killiing ndigbo in the north, have the guts to come down to igboland and carry out this gruesome act.  ndi hausa, soon, you will know that, other extractions can equally produce suicide bombers and killers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Angel Voice

Please this is incensing. The actions of the villagers I mean. What on earth are you doing protesting on the highway or anywhere else when you should be in the forests and fields of Umuapu hunting down these Northern beasts and killing them. God has given you these murderous boko haram people who have been Desecrating and killing your Southern sisters and brothers in their desert north on a platter and you don't use this opportunity to teach them sense but only go out to protest at the very same acts committed by these beasts on Igbo soil. Not one death documented as reprisal? A great disspointment in all the talk of the 'Igbo Warrior'.

Even if these murderous lot have run off could you not find any Mai nama suya sellers around your communities to kill which would then send a message to these beasts that you are ready for them?
Please I hate this kind of news report.
Let everyone listen to Malcom X their fellow muslim brother who advised an eye for an eye as well as going into the neighbourhood of your enemy to pay him in like coins if he entered your neighbourhood to commit any atrocity against you.

Suffice it to say that I am dissapointed at the people of that community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UC

I know the Fulani cattle rearers can destroy farmland but I don't know of Desecrating women. It is ridiculous to say that they violation Igbo women. And if they did, road block will not solve the problem. Unless these aboki are bribing the royal father of that community. How can they all the way from Ugwu come to Igboland to violation. Wonder shall never end. Well I do not think they violated anybody. If they did then its a shame on that community for dragging the name of Igboland to the mud in this news. Even if the community do not have enough youths they can approach a nearby community for rescue mission. How can aboki with his uncircumcised tool violation Igbo woman. It is an insult upon injury that they destroyed there farm and to cap it all violation their women.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by jason123: 2:17am On Jul 12, 2011
Wow!!! sad sad sad
May God rest the souls of the dead in perfect peace. sad

@Ezeuche, stop making mouth. It has happened so just pray they apprehend these people.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 2:19am On Jul 12, 2011
Now the fulani herdsmen have shown to us how cowardly Igbos could be by taking the wars to their House. Mu he he

oboy see jollification from Fulani herdsmen tongue. This one pass meeeee oooh! Chei! After the bleep their women then kill 2 two to show how serious they are.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by jason123: 2:21am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Now the fulani herdsmen have shown to us how cowardly Igbos could be by taking the wars to their House. Mu he he

oboy see jollification from Fulani herdsmen tongue. This one pass meeeee oooh! Chei! After the bleep their women then kill 2 two to show how serious they are.

You have started again, abi This can happen to anybody or group . . . . . . why don't you give it a rest?
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:25am On Jul 12, 2011
Ezeuche was just posting some replies of readers on the vanguard website.

jason123:

Wow!!! sad sad sad
May God rest the souls of the dead in perfect peace. sad

@Ezeuche, stop making mouth. It has happened so just pray they apprehend these people.

At the bolded: apprehend ke!!! A beg, no make me laugh. When last did you hear scum of this nature have been apprehended; tried and convicted for their crimes? Esp' when law enforcement agencies have their hands full with the boko savages up north.

Rather the prayer should be real Igbo sons don't get their hands on those bastards first, as there can only be one outcome.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by jason123: 2:31am On Jul 12, 2011
^^^^ You mean Bakassi boys If not, who are the "real" igbo sons Look, all they can do for now is to protest because of element of surprise. It is not like they expected the Fulanis to attack. So, I believe the "real" sons will not do anything and all this will die a natural death in a few days. Not that these people are cowards but they did not expect it . . . mo
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 2:33am On Jul 12, 2011
Aljharem lipsrsealed
please let me catch my fun. lol
For quite sometime now these igbo internet warriors have been promising brime stone and fire, claiming all sorts bravery, dissing the SWners. Blah blah blah. . .that this rubbish cant happen in SE.

So Boko haram don learn how to jollificate with Igbo women shocked grin grin  Am here picturing how a dirty looking, browned teeth, kola nut  chewing northern goat is bleeping IGBO woman shocked grin Tufiaaaaakwaaaaaaaa!  

jason123:

You have started again, abi This can happen to anybody or group . . . . . . why don't you give it a rest?
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by jason123: 2:37am On Jul 12, 2011
^^^ I am not who you think I am . . .
About what you said, why not be the bigger person?? but if you insist, well go ahead . . . undecided
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:39am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^^^ What is this stinking bastard on about? The story is giving you a raging bone*r isn't it? Sad Boko apologist.

You call a surprise attack on a village -without giving them the chance to prepare and face you in a fair fight- bravery? The actions of the men in that village (if there are any at all) is disgraceful to say the least, but do not mistake their response as having the blessing of true Igbo sons. But of course the Fulani have had a lot of practise in the past with Desecrating and killing innocents, so by now the satanic act should be hardwired into their DNA makeup.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 2:39am On Jul 12, 2011

It is time to bring them back.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 2:47am On Jul 12, 2011
What is wrong with my brothers? We watched as these animals were causing havoc in other parts of Nigeria, but now they are in our heartland and they have done this! angry angry angry
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 2:48am On Jul 12, 2011
erhm, the attacks was a surprise one agreed. What about the revenge Or are you waiting for a 'surprise revenge' lmoa!.

All the cowards was able to muster was to start protest on the highways by taking down on innocent commuter. Bravery Indeed.

Boko Haram you are twu much! 3 gbosa for you. Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosaaaaaaa!!!

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ What is this stinking bastard on about? The story is giving you a raging bone*r isn't it? Sad Boko apologist.

You call a surprise attack on a village -without giving them the chance to prepare and face you in a fair fight- bravery? The actions of the men in that village (if there are any at all) is disgraceful to say the least, but do not mistake their response as having the blessing of true Igbo sons. But of course the Fulani have had a lot of practise in the past with Desecrating and killing innocents, so by now the satanic act should be hardwired into their DNA makeup.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:48am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Aljharem lipsrsealed
please let me catch my fun. lol
For quite sometime now these igbo internet warriors have been promising brime stone and fire, claiming all sorts bravery, dissing the SWners. Blah blah blah. . .that this rubbish cant happen in SE.

So Boko haram don learn how to jollificate with Igbo women shocked grin grin  Am here picturing how a dirty looking, browned teeth, kola nut  chewing northern goat is bleeping IGBO woman shocked grin Tufiaaaaakwaaaaaaaa!  

^^^ The bolded sums up your sad existence. You catch you 'fun' with stories like this right? You seek to validate your existence, and give your pathetic life meaning with stories like this shocked? You deserve to be pitied mate.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Chyz2: 2:53am On Jul 12, 2011
If this is true, this is the second time this kind of thing is happening in Ohaji. Ohaji youths and men are cowards. I propose that other Igbo towns come and uproot their men out of that area and replace them. The men didn't even do anything. It was even the women who protested. Who on Nairaland is from Ohaji, please come out and explain your people's response! angry
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 2:55am On Jul 12, 2011
Spill some blood of aboki man if you are that angry. Cowards na to dey make mouth por hia. boko haram took their wives along as booty after killing 2.
Just imagine this story coming out from SW. Hmm you por don see like 20 threads that effect.

Common! Stop protesting on the highways! Cowards.

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ The bolded sums up your sad existence. You catch you 'fun' with stories like this right? You seek to validate your existence, and give your pathetic life meaning with stories like this shocked? You deserve to be pitied mate.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 2:58am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino you know this is the first time anyone is hearing such an abomination occurring in Igboland.

But before you say anything, wait a few days and watch my brothers get their revenge. I say this because Igbos from Abia and Anambra are watching these Igbos from Imo state.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 3:00am On Jul 12, 2011
Do you people here normally give the the SWners 'few days' to revenge before you start posting all sorts of rubbish? . . .

EzeUche:

Rhino you know this is the first time anyone is hearing such an abomination occurring in Igboland.

But before you say anything, wait a few days and watch my brothers get their revenge. I say this because Igbos from Abia and Anambra are watching these Igbos from Imo state.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:00am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

erhm, the attacks was a surprise one agreed. What about the revenge Or are you waiting for a 'surprise revenge' lmoa!.

All the cowards was able to muster was to start protest on the highways by  taking down on innocent commuter. Bravery Indeed.

Boko Haram you are twu much! 3 gbosa for you. Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosaaaaaaa!!!

Dude, do yourself a favour and shut the fuc*k up!!! Your pathological hatred of Ndigbo is nothing new (and it's welcomed, as we thrive on the bad belle from animals like you), but what's amazing is the depths you sink to display it.

What you could do is tell your boko bastard cousins to return for an announced rematch, and we'll see how that would end. It's clear who the real cowards are. And you know what's worse than a coward?: one that Desecrates and kills on top of it. Something you applaud going by your 3 gbosas wink.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 12, 2011
ehrrrm ehrrrm (looks to see if OAM4J is online grin)

There's a first time for everything and this is just the begining. So s[i]aaaaa[/i]d. Like they said, everything happens in a Domino effect.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 12, 2011
Herdsmen should leave Ekiti since its such an "undeveloped" state, they should continue moving  Southwards, nothing dey happen.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Rhino5dm: 3:05am On Jul 12, 2011
Hey brave one! grin revenge the first attack nah before an 'announced re-match' grin. . .muhehehe.

Internet warrior seeking for re-match when he cant even return in the first leg. Odikwa serios ooo!

PROUD-IGBO:

Dude, do yourself a favour and shut the fuc*k up!!! Your pathological hatred of Ndigbo is nothing new (and it's welcomed, as we thrive on the bad belle from animals like you), but amazing is the depths you sink to display it.

What you could do is tell your boko bastard cousins to return for an announced rematch, and we'll see how that would end. It's clear who the real cowards are. And you know what's worse than a coward?: one that Desecrates and kills on top of it. Something you applaud going by your 3 gbosas wink.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 3:05am On Jul 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ehrrrm ehrrrm (looks to see if OAM4J is online grin)

There's a first time for everything and this is just the begining. So s[i]aaaaa[/i]d. Like they said, everything happens in a Domino effect.

I knew you would come. And I was waiting. . . undecided undecided undecided

To see this happen in the Igbo heartland and nothing happen is very demoralizing.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 12, 2011
EzeUche:

I knew you would come. And I was waiting. . . undecided undecided undecided

To see this happen in the Igbo heartland and nothing happen is very demoralizing.

Hey, you were the one saying Yorubas are cowards and they let Fulanis reign in their land.

You were the one saying Ndigbo does not fear the Fulanis/Hausas, and Ndigbo is the one running from the North.

Really, you guys should stop making prideful comments on the cyberspace because you dont know who is reading.

My own is, once Fulanis start the craze, the need to be cut down immediately. If they get comfortable with their new environment, it'd be VERY hard to get rid of them. That's if they're violent.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by EzeUche(m): 3:09am On Jul 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hey, you were the one saying Yorubas are cowards and they let Fulanis reign in their land.

You were the one saying Ndigbo does not fear the Fulanis/Hausas, and Ndigbo is the one running from the North.

Really, you guys should stop making prideful comments on the cyberspace because you dont know who is reading.

My own is, once Fulanis start the craze, the need to be cut down immediately. If they get comfortable with their new environment, it'd be VERY hard to get rid of them. That's if they're violent.

If nothing happens to these people in Imo state, then you will be able to say this.

But since it happened recently, I will give these Igbos one week.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by ak47mann(m): 3:11am On Jul 12, 2011
Fulani people don't want to get wiped out from igboland let them try sad sad
Re: Herdsmen Kill 2, Rape Women In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:11am On Jul 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Spill some blood of aboki man if you are that angry. Cowards na to dey make mouth por hia. boko haram took their wives along as booty after killing 2.
Just imagine this story coming out from SW. Hmm you por don see like 20 threads that effect.

Common! Stop protesting on the highways! Cowards.

You still don't get it do you? Ndigbo -on their worst and weakest day- will always be braver and more honourable than you; your boko cousins and the whole lot of your blood-thirsty hausa/fulani herdsmen scum could ever hope to be on your best day. You all thrive on surprise and cowardly attacks on communities and the sad rhino dude calls that bravery. If that's bravery in your books, i would hate to see what you call cowardice wink.

Your a sad excuse for a human being and i still wonder what Lugard was smoking when he lumped us with you lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Stones Girlfriend To Death In Calabar / Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism / Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Headquarters In Abia, Kill One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.