Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) (72635 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / The Adventures Of Boji, Istanbul’s Traveling Dog (Photos) / Family Hosts Birthday Party For Their Dog (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 4:04am On May 07, 2022
Two-year-old Zeus is certainly living up to his powerful name. He currently stands at a whopping three feet 5.18 inches tall (1.046 metres), making him the tallest dog in the world according to Guinness World Records.

He officially achieved the impressive feat on 22 March after his record-breaking height was measured and confirmed by his vet.

"Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a Great Dane named Zeus," said the dog's owner Brittany Davis.

Her dreams later became a reality when her brother gifted her family with an eight-week-old Great Dane.

"At first, we were nervous about having such a large dog, but we fell in love with him and here we are!" Brittany explained.

Despite Zeus' huge size, he's pretty laidback and he gets along with other animals including three miniature Australian shepherds and a cat who he lives with.

He also loves spending time with Brittany's teenage son and is often the centre of attention when he's out and about with his family.

"The comment that we hear most often is 'Wow, that's a horse!,' 'Can I ride him?' or 'Does he have a saddle?'" said Brittany. "The answer to all those questions is 'no'".

Great Danes are known to have a shorter life span compared to other dogs because of their huge size, but Brittany says Zeus is currently in very good shape.

"When we take Zeus to the vet, they're always in amazement," she said.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/61335144

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by mymadam(m): 4:16am On May 07, 2022
Dead cry

Is Zeus the dog still alive?

According to the Guinness World Records, the world's tallest dog ever was also a Great Dane named Zeus. He was from Otsego, Michigan and measured 44 inches, but could reach heights of seven feet and four inches when standing on his hind legs.

He passed away at the age of five in 2014.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2022/05/06/horse-or-dog--texas-great-dane-set-world-record-for-height#:~:text=TEXAS%20%E2%80%94%20A%20Texas%20Great%20Dane,Davis%20family%20in%20Bedford%2C%20Texas.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18am On May 07, 2022
Ok

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Tonypens48(m): 4:30am On May 07, 2022
Interesting grin grin

Kindly check my signature below

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by matrix199(m): 4:36am On May 07, 2022
Dog on a natural stilts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On May 07, 2022
Fine dog.

Lagos island girl's right now... grin grin

470 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Killmaster1(m): 8:04am On May 07, 2022
Hmmm.if this one chases u ehh

Hadley Chase available

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by pointblank247(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2022
If this one mistakenly enters calaber or akwaibom............

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by YourFavorite21(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2022
I doubt if any body can outrun this dog, if e chase you.
See the long legs grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2022
Since the lekki girls and dog incident that was making rounds on the internet a few days back, i have been suspecting females who had/ have dogs as intimate pets..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by TheRollingStone: 9:54am On May 07, 2022
E no still pass 5 pot of soup for calabar

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Mandate2023: 11:01am On May 07, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Fine dog.

U don mad I swear grin grin grin grin grin

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On May 07, 2022
Mandate2023:

U don mad I swear grin grin grin grin grin
lols, grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by halaqasa: 12:05pm On May 07, 2022
I dae suspect that woman and this dog

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Ceenachi: 3:35pm On May 07, 2022
I would definitely ride that thing into battle grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by MrBachelor: 5:00pm On May 07, 2022
If na this wan been knack those Island girls enh, dem for hear wen. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by salbis(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2022
Some Lekki girls fit drool over this creature now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by layycon: 4:17pm On May 12, 2022
Honey Lekki girl and 101,000 others like this post

4 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 4:17pm On May 12, 2022
Nairaland girls already crushing on the dog grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by EmmyDJourno: 4:18pm On May 12, 2022
This one mistake enter Calabar, it’s all over shocked

2 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by EternalBeing: 4:18pm On May 12, 2022
Ok.
Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by stano2(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2022
Make island girls no catch this one ooo

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by JosephXavier: 4:18pm On May 12, 2022
Since that lady verses dog video clip got leaked, my likes for dog has reduced

3 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Kajaard: 4:19pm On May 12, 2022
Fine dog.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by NotBeenPaid: 4:20pm On May 12, 2022

Calabar left the group chat:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by qekng40(f): 4:20pm On May 12, 2022
Lies!

The dog in my hood is taller than Zeus!

The dog can't mate any other dog everywhere the owners take him to because of his height...

You go see dog, fear go catch you.

Zeus na learner Abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 12, 2022
dane of Britain

2 Likes

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 12, 2022
Read somewhere that it's dead
Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by Cholls(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2022
Ceenachi:
I would definitely ride that thing into battle grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Zeus The Great Dane, World's Tallest Dog (Photos) by humahn(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2022
wow glamorous

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Most Dangerous Dogs In Nigeria (beware Of Dogs) / A Boy Crying, Carries His Dead Dog Hit By Truck (Photo) / Touching Moment A Cat Drags An Injured Cat Off The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.