Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,884 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? (1098 Views)

Hp Intel Corei7 Elitebook 8450w Workstation 320gb Hdd 8gb Ram 1gb Nvidia Dedicat / Which Pes Can Hp Mini Laptop Play Pls.. / Used Hp 250 G3 Notebook Forsale Intel Celeron N2840 4gb Ram 500hdd Sold! Sold! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by ebuka1997: 4:07pm On May 07, 2022
I want to upgrade it to at least 4 or 8 go ram. What else can I upgrade to make it go faster it’s too slow. I don’t use it for much. Just slight Excel and some office work. Also if anyone here has a shop at Banex I could come in and pay you to fix it. Thanks l.
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Greatzeus(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2022
ebuka1997:
I want to upgrade it to at least 4 or 8 go ram. What else can I upgrade to make it go faster it’s too slow. I don’t use it for much. Just slight Excel and some office work. Also if anyone here has a shop at Banex I could come in and pay you to fix it. Thanks l.
Intel celeron is way down down there when it comes to processors. In fact it is less efficient compared to intel core i3 which is almost outdated itself. It is for Pc meant for light use only. Also laptops with celeron are very cheap,so I can say they offer value for their money.
Note: you can't upgrade the inbuilt processor a Pc came with. So you're stuck with that intel celeron until you change your Pc.
What you can do,
1. Use your Pc for light use only eg Office applications, music,browsing, watching movies. Avoid gaming, especially those made in the last decade.
2. Increase your Pc RAM. Your Pc ram is likely 1 or 2 or 4gb,if it's 1 or 2 increase to 4gb. If it's 4gb I doubt you can increase it,but if your Pc allows more,do get higher RAM.
3. Increase your HDD storage, using more than 90% of your storage capacity will slow down your Pc especially low end Pc with poor processors.
4. Clean your system regularly using CCleaner or Advance system cleaner or any good Pc cleaner out there.
5. Remove unnecessary installed software and Applications, especially the ones you haven't used in a long time or you don't need again,very important. These applications consume large proportion of your CPU, slowing down your PC.

1 Like

Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by ebuka1997: 11:15pm On May 07, 2022
Greatzeus:

Intel celeron is way down down there when it comes to processors. In fact it is less efficient compared to intel core i3 which is almost outdated itself. It is for Pc meant for light use only. Also laptops with celeron are very cheap,so I can say they offer value for their money.
Note: you can't upgrade the inbuilt processor a Pc came with. So you're stuck with that intel celeron until you change your Pc.
What you can do,
1. Use your Pc for light use only eg Office applications, music,browsing, watching movies. Avoid gaming, especially those made in the last decade.
2. Increase your Pc RAM. Your Pc ram is likely 1 or 2 or 4gb,if it's 1 or 2 increase to 4gb. If it's 4gb I doubt you can increase it,but if your Pc allows more,do get higher RAM.
3. Increase your HDD storage, using more than 90% of your storage capacity will slow down your Pc especially low end Pc with poor processors.
4. Clean your system regularly using CCleaner or Advance system cleaner or any good Pc cleaner out there.
5. Remove unnecessary installed software and Applications, especially the ones you haven't used in a long time or you don't need again,very important. These applications consume large proportion of your CPU, slowing down your PC.

Thank you for this really helpful and amazing answer. I will do all these. Thanks
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Adewale1603(m): 6:09am On May 08, 2022
ebuka1997:
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Adewale1603(m): 6:10am On May 08, 2022
ebuka1997:
but you will be enjoying the battery backup. contrary to what the above poster told you. laptop processors can now be changed from their sockets, they can be removed and upgraded that intel celeron processor can be upgraded to a Intel Pentium or core i3 or i5. but it takes cost and other things, like finding the right chipsets and processors that support the motherboard. and ram can be upgraded to 8gb. you could also upgrade the hard disk to an ssd drive for faster operations.
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Udemzy05: 7:06am On May 08, 2022
Greatzeus:

What you can do,

Intel celeron outdated?

Wait till you see a 10th gen celeron with DDR4 grin

Op just upgrade to SSD and increase your RAM size,since you don't do much.
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Greatzeus(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2022
Udemzy05:

Intel celeron outdated?

Wait till you see a 10th gen celeron with DDR4 grin

Op just upgrade to SSD and increase your RAM size,since you don't do much.
Not at all,read again,I said core i3, no new laptops comes with core i3 again,but latest laptops meant for light uses still comes with celeron.
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Udemzy05: 10:31am On May 08, 2022
Greatzeus:

Not at all,read again,I said core i3, no new laptops comes with core i3 again,but latest laptops meant for light uses still comes with celeron.

Noted
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by ebuka1997: 3:03pm On May 08, 2022
Adewale1603:
but you will be enjoying the battery backup. contrary to what the above poster told you. laptop processors can now be changed from their sockets, they can be removed and upgraded that intel celeron processor can be upgraded to a Intel Pentium or core i3 or i5. but it takes cost and other things, like finding the right chipsets and processors that support the motherboard. and ram can be upgraded to 8gb. you could also upgrade the hard disk to an ssd drive for faster operations.

To be honest all these sound like jargon to me, I’m a finance guy. I wish I had someone here in banex abuja to help me run it, do you happen to know anybody? Thanks
Re: Can HP Intel Celeron N2840 Be Upgraded? by Adewale1603(m): 7:45pm On May 08, 2022
ebuka1997:

To be honest all these sound like jargon to me, I’m a finance guy. I wish I had someone here in banex abuja to help me run it, do you happen to know anybody? Thanks
instead of going through the stress and costs of upgrading. why don't you just sell it and buy the desired configuration you need. never buy celeron again. just get a core i3 or i5 of recent generation, like 6th or 7th gen. with ssd drive, 8gb or16gb ram. you could consider a dedicated graphics too, instead of the standard intel integrated graphics

(1) (Reply)

Blagblagblag (linux Version) Help Out Someone On This / Nigeria Internet Exchange Point Finally Taking Off / Sharp Mini Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.