Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79578 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by lexy2014: 9:18am On May 08, 2022
Blankstare:

I traveled to Abuja for an assignment, pleaded with a sis to borrow me her new brand 2005 corrolla, I drove the car for good two months... That's when I realized it's big scam lie that the car doesn't consume fuel... Very big hummongus lie

Where u expecting that as u were using the car that the fuel will remain like that for 2 months?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by wasuka14(m): 9:18am On May 08, 2022
People are just crazy about Corolla. My kia Sorento EX serving me since 2019. Very strong, efficient and can run crazy run.
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Bluellake: 9:18am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
My Corolla 2010 was bought 2.5 ( Tokunbo, roo roo, no accident bcuz I went to Apapa myself to buy it ) two years ago. I was shocked to see the new price at 4.2M imagine! Well, I must say I'm really enjoying the car, strong and reliable. I haven't fix a thing in it since I bought it, just change oil and filter. That's all. Even i haven't refill the AC gas till now, still therein the one came with it. Really enjoying the car. With AC On, still not consume much fuel. Soon I'm giving it to my wife, I wanna try out BMW. When I drove one ( BMW), I think Corolla is for women, too light for hand bcuz sometimes I drives with just one of my fingers, Too simple men.

14 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:18am On May 08, 2022
engrfaruq:

I own 2007 307 and 2013 corolla, so what you're saying is not correct, except if you mean early years corolla.

Do you want to put it to test?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by philkoms: 9:18am On May 08, 2022
bonnyhope:

How are you coping with electrical problems with Peugeot
Not only that,what of fan belt issue.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 9:18am On May 08, 2022
dollarprincess:
I hope the ride will cast soon make everyone go rest
if you want it to cast then ban all ehailing service providers { UBER, BOLT,,,,etc } the reason it gets stolen regularly and its parts expensive is simply because of demand and supply!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Honestly I have no electrical problem on my Peugeot. It's serving me well. All I do is routine service and that's all.

Wait until timing belt cuts, and you'll have to remove the top and change/straighten valves, and you'll do it again in no distant time.

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by thecommunist(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2022
I laugh reading some comments ...
In Canada today, some 2003 Corolla cost as much as 7000 CAD. The least you can get it is 3000CAD if it has a mileage of over 250,000km.
2009 Corolla no matter how high the mileage sells for nothing less than 5000CAD and as high as 12,000 CAD.
shipping a car cost nothing less than 2500CAD. now do the Conversion and add clearing cost and tell me how much you expect to buy a good non accidented Corolla.

this is just the reality of things. Corrollas are expensive all over the world , not just Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gonkin(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2022
1 of 5 cars that pass by is usually a corolla yet you hardly see corolla parked on the street overnight cuz it's a thief magnet. Anybody that parks his corolla outside his house overnight is probably a jazz man.

Someone brought this up and I also looked down most streets, u would harld see one parked outside so where does the corolla go at night.?

I wanted to get my mom a corolla, but fear of vandalism no let me try am. I ended up with a Yaris. The quality of the Naija used yaris I got far exceed the quality of the corolla I was offered. If u can get a quality corolla for 1.6m then you're lucky.

All the same its the reason I hate the corolla cuz everybody has one. I really love the matrix like crazy especially cuz it reminds me of a ford focus from Asphalt 8.

The corolla is a car thats a thief magnet. It takes the grace of God to recover it if its stolen. If there no tracker in your corolla and its gets stolen, forget it. They don't even resell stolen corolla anymore, instead they butcher it for part.
If it doesn't get stolen, it gets vandalised.

Corolla owners have strong mind. On a brighter note the corolla is very durable especially when the owner lacks maintenance culture. That's why they prefer the corolla

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by deebrownneymar: 9:21am On May 08, 2022
The most annoying thing is that its a very boring vehicle
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Jojopikin85: 9:21am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

I have a clean tokunbo Corolla 2003 model for 2.9m
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by phemmyfour: 9:22am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

I can't even use a non SUV. Corolla is even too low for me, this is Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Teejayadex: 9:22am On May 08, 2022
If you are buying Corolla know that you paying part of your future fuel money and motor Wahala expenses at the spot of buying.

If you come dey live crowdy city like Lagos wey holdup dey everywhere. Which v6,v8 speed you Wan run for that very busy road. Abi you wan go jam person?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by toujurs: 9:23am On May 08, 2022
shrewdmuse:

Hi,

Corolla is an all round exceptional car with very good resale value.

If you need cheaper, I have a Super Sharp Foreign Used 2006 Toyota Corolla going for N2.850m last. ( Lekki - 08099990323)
2.8? Jesus shocked. The car is very clean tho, but Boss 2.8.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by dy79(m): 9:23am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Some people will argue that Peugeot is not good for ehailing business but I always ask them why? All they will say is Toyota is the best with no concrete evidence or fact to prove otherwise. One guy here on nairaland has been using his own for bolt since 2019. The Peugeot 307 has greater fuel efficiency than corrola which translates to more money In your account. Don't just play with routine maintenance and don't manage any spoilt part. This is my lion. I always enjoy the smooth ride.

Thanks a lot, what about the complain about electrical issues? May be I should go for manual?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gassbee: 9:23am On May 08, 2022
Anchor84:
I hv a 2004 corolla for 2.7m
u mean dat car is almost 3m now
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 9:23am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Do you want to put it to test?

Lolz.. I have the two right now, and I drive them all, so I know what I'm saying.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Newphil: 9:24am On May 08, 2022
It is imaginary, same manner there was craze for Toyota Camry pencil type back then.

8 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Elliotwaveforec: 9:24am On May 08, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I am telling you. The rate at which this car is been stolen daily is unrivalled by any other car . A situation whereby if you font have a fence at home, your car isn't safe. You can't park by the road side for some minutes. Your mirror, door handles etc will be gone.

If you park out side on the street till day break, the corolla will be naked by the morning. All its vital "organs" are harvested already.

You just can't have peace of mind using the car
Kikikiki! Na wa.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gonkin(m): 9:24am On May 08, 2022
Bluellake:

My Corolla 2010 was bought 2.5 ( Tokunbo, roo roo, no accident bcuz I went to Apapa myself to buy it ) two years ago. I was shocked to see the new price at 4.2M imagine! Well, I must say I'm really enjoying the car, strong and reliable. I haven't fix a thing in it since I bought, just change oil and filter. That's all. Even i haven't refill the AC gas still now, still therein the one came with it. Really enjoying the car. With AC On, still not consume much fuel. Soon I'm giving it to my wife, I wanna try out BMW. When I drove one, I think Corolla is for women, too light for hand.

I love the BMW 328i it's amazing.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by shaklisco(m): 9:24am On May 08, 2022
I have Toyota Corolla at 2.8m direct tokunbo
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gonkin(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2022
phemmyfour:
I can't even use a non SUV. Corolla is even too low for me, this is Nigeria

Forget pathfinder abeg

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by alizma: 9:25am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

1.The vehicle is strong
2i. Economical in terms of maintenance
2ii. Doesn't consume much fuel
3. Has second hand and even third hand value
4. The above qualities makes it durable for commercial purpose

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2022
Astoria:
Just like he said, it all boil down to maintenance and personal car care. No single electrical issue with my 206 1.4l till date. I get unbelievable mpg, plus 80% of spare parts are confined to 4-digits figures. Not to talk of the road credibility you get from law enforcement when travelling long or short distance. The respect is mad when you are responsibly garbed in native attire. Trust me, you won't regret getting a 206, 03-07 Toyota Corrola is annoyingly overrated.

NOTE: Even the 206 (Tokunbo) is shooting towards 2 million naira or above as we debate this.

People are not shifting attention to Peugeot cars now. Prices will soon be hitting the roof. The Corolla plague is gradually being removed and now people are seeing other good cars with far more fuel efficiency and road balance

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by obynokoko: 9:26am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

The imaginary peace of mind that comes with owning a Corolla vanishes with insecurity
It is arm robbers choice.they stole my brother 's own and till today,we have not seen it
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by LordVarys1: 9:26am On May 08, 2022
Very ugly car, I can't even buy it for anything. The interior is so poorly finished. I still prefer my 07 Hyundai Elantra to that Corolla. If you don't have money to buy fuel then you have no business owning a car. This fuel consumption nonesense has to stop.

You juwt buy a new car, 99% of the question is, hope the car no dey cjop too much fuel? If u can't buy fuel please sell that car.

Moreover not only Corolla has good furl efficiency, there are cars with better fuel efficiency.

Dash me that car, I will sell it and buy another car.

Ugly car

18 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by RealistRedpiler: 9:27am On May 08, 2022
My neighbor just bought his own.. Omo come see neat, clean and beautiful car.. Men I must buy mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Jojopikin85: 9:27am On May 08, 2022
lexy2014:

Where u expecting that as u were using the car that the fuel will remain like that for 2 months?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Cutehector(m): 9:28am On May 08, 2022
Legedez benz crew observing.

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2022
engrfaruq:

Wait until timing belt cuts, and you'll have to remove the top and change/straighten valves, and you'll do it again in no distant time.

Ogbeni...A good timing belt gives you 10yrs of good use. When you manage things, that's what you get. Aside the timing belt, what else is your problem with Peugeot?

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DaInferno(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

I hate the car for people's love for it lately self. That car shouldn't be more than 2.5
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by wisdomkid: 9:30am On May 08, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I am telling you. The rate at which this car is been stolen daily is unrivalled by any other car . A situation whereby if you font have a fence at home, your car isn't safe. You can't park by the road side for some minutes. Your mirror, door handles etc will be gone.

If you park out side on the street till day break, the corolla will be naked by the morning. All its vital "organs" are harvested already.

You just can't have peace of mind using the car

Mehn, Nigeria is getting crazy, what sort of hoodlumitic behavior is this? Someone can't pack and sleep in peace again?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.