Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Must Read, Stay Safer Out There - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Must Read, Stay Safer Out There (465 Views)

Utah Parents Admit To Raping Daughter Because It Was ‘safer’ Than With Strangers / Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded / How A Facebook User Was Scammed Of #1000 At Victoria Island (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read, Stay Safer Out There by Serial48(f): 7:30pm On May 09, 2022
The children you failed to raise, to instill moral values upon, to educate, they’ve grown. First, they started out as beggars, then pick pockets, and now these. Children with no values. No parental or family care, support and structure. No one telling them their left from their right. Smoking, engaging in sexual activities, abusing drugs, joining various cult groups to feel among, to protect themselves from constant bullying. They have grown. And they are coming for us all. For our negligence of their welfare. For the times we thought it was not our business to feed, school and raise them right. They are here! With us. All of us. Who is safe?

I hate to be a prophet of doom, but more is bound to happen in the coming days. Kaduna’s bomb blast, sporadic shooting and kidnapping of over a thousand persons wouldn’t be the first. Neither would it be the last. There were killing in Sokoto recently too. Our outrage over the girl kidnapped in a state government’s assigned shuttle was yet to wear out when the next tragedy befell us, but the super eagles is in shambles and Wizkid grammy win or Davido’s new lambo is more of our business than people’s lives. Real human beings with loved ones, cut short like they were roaches and life goes on as though it is normal. As though any of this should be normal. Chinelo, a doctor in her prime, shot in the chest and her only resort at the moment was to tweet because twitter is safer and faster than any ambulance, security or healthcare service our nation has been able to provide. It’s been proven, from the days of Umoren Innibong.

How safe are you now? With your cars and mountainous duplexes? From the children of perdition? The ones you slammed your doors agains and wound up your car slides, because it was not your business. How safe?

I laugh because I’m alive for the moment and will have enough sleep in death and no time to laugh any more. Because I said these things and I will keep on saying it. Children birthed in hopeless situations, grow up to be social vices, lacking morals, compassion and the ability to be humane because all they’ve known for the most of their lives is insecurity, hunger, lack, pain, cruelty. And as people are a sum of their experiences mostly, our fate is left in their hands when they’re handed a gun.

This is no poetry. This is our reality. We’re in a very huge pot being cooked by a combination of firewood, gas cookers and ovens. We’re roasting and no one is coming to save us.

Stay safe out there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read, Stay Safer Out There by 2elliot: 8:41pm On May 09, 2022
Serial48:
The children you failed to raise, to instill moral values upon, to educate, they’ve grown. First, they started out as beggars, then pick pockets, and now these. Children with no values. No parental or family care, support and structure. No one telling them their left from their right. Smoking, engaging in sexual activities, abusing drugs, joining various cult groups to feel among, to protect themselves from constant bullying. They have grown. And they are coming for us all. For our negligence of their welfare. For the times we thought it was not our business to feed, school and raise them right. They are here! With us. All of us. Who is safe?

I hate to be a prophet of doom, but more is bound to happen in the coming days. Kaduna’s bomb blast, sporadic shooting and kidnapping of over a thousand persons wouldn’t be the first. Neither would it be the last. There were killing in Sokoto recently too. Our outrage over the girl kidnapped in a state government’s assigned shuttle was yet to wear out when the next tragedy befell us, but the super eagles is in shambles and Wizkid grammy win or Davido’s new lambo is more of our business than people’s lives. Real human beings with loved ones, cut short like they were roaches and life goes on as though it is normal. As though any of this should be normal. Chinelo, a doctor in her prime, shot in the chest and her only resort at the moment was to tweet because twitter is safer and faster than any ambulance, security or healthcare service our nation has been able to provide. It’s been proven, from the days of Umoren Innibong.

How safe are you now? With your cars and mountainous duplexes? From the children of perdition? The ones you slammed your doors agains and wound up your car slides, because it was not your business. How safe?

I laugh because I’m alive for the moment and will have enough sleep in death and no time to laugh any more. Because I said these things and I will keep on saying it. Children birthed in hopeless situations, grow up to be social vices, lacking morals, compassion and the ability to be humane because all they’ve known for the most of their lives is insecurity, hunger, lack, pain, cruelty. And as people are a sum of their experiences mostly, our fate is left in their hands when they’re handed a gun.

This is no poetry. This is our reality. We’re in a very huge pot being cooked by a combination of firewood, gas cookers and ovens. We’re roasting and no one is coming to save us.

Stay safe out there
It will only get worse, and if you are a Christian, I will ask you to brave yourself for impact. There is a war ongoing betweeting the forces of darkness and light, and all hell will be let loose very soon, all over the world. The chaos happening today is not an accident, it was engineered to be so for a purpose. And the purpose is ripe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read, Stay Safer Out There by headbasher96(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2022
Its left for we the youths to rescue nigeria this old leaders are dying and they want to make sure they ravage nigeria and leave nothing for us

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Killed In Vietnam / Ogun The God Of Iron Expose People Behind Owo Massacre / Organ Harvesting: Meet Daughter Of Ekweremadu,sonia Who Needed Kidney Transplant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.