Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? (2364 Views)

God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / When Is It Too Late To Get A Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by adeibi: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hi,
i just came across a thread of an engineer working in a bank and hoping to go for his M.Sc. He pointed out that most engineers end up in banks obviously because of lack of employment in their chosen field.

My brother got admitted into Unilag last year to study Systems Engineering & we were all happy especially because that was his first and only JAMB. Now I'm getting worried because that course isn't even common and it seems it's only Unilag that offers it. I'ld have preferred Civil engineering for him cos he can be self employed.

Are there chances of him getting a good job?
Do you know anyone that studied that course in Unilag and is successfully working in his field of study?
What does the course even entail?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by adeibi: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by adeibi: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by emiye(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
very good chances
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by 1forall: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
Why are you needlessly worried for the guy? Is he the last of your siblings?

Systems engineering is a great course, you should google it.

Please respect the guy's choice and offer him your support instead of worrying for him.

The best person to speak about this with though, is him. Try and learn what the dude's aspirations, plans and expectations are.

If as you say; the course isn't common, then it means there may not be many qualified systems engineers in Nigeria, don't you think that brightens his employment chances?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
You are right! Civil engineering would have been a good choice. Your brother might have checkedmate himself but well, ur discpline doesn't determine how far we will go in life.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by nsodo: 6:14am On Sep 05, 2011
Worry little my friend because in life we are totally different and our luck is not the same if others have not got jobs it does not mean you're brother will be the same because you can be surprised that before he leaves University he has a job a ready. Just pray for your brother to finish school and handle each step at a time.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? by AjanleKoko: 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2011
@OP,
One day at a time is the way to go.
he just got admission, and you're already worried about a job?

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Information On Residency Application 2015 In Hospitals / Richest Nigerian Engineers. / West Coast University, Panama, Nigeria Campus Is Offering Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.