Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Your Thoughts On Being A Male Nurse. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Thoughts On Being A Male Nurse. (295 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! / Nurudeen Abubakar Adam, Nurse Representing Nigeria At Pre-world Health Assembly / Female Professor Sexually Harassed A Male Student At New York University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Being A Male Nurse. by Gamechanger45(m): 6:01pm On May 11, 2022
Good day my fellow nairalanders.

I just concluded my utme exams, but I am still confused on what part to take. So lately I decided to choose nursing science. But the truth is I don't really know if it will be favourable with respect to my gender....I am a Male. Though I do see male nurses in schools but rarely see them in places of work like hospital....etc.

My questions are;
1. As a male is there anything wrong in being a Nurse?
2. What are the pros and cons in being a male nurse
3. In Nigeria are Nurses valued.... maybe in terms of payment and otherwise.
4. If you are a male Nurse....what would be your advice to an aspirant.
5. Is Nigeria the best place to practice nursing or japa would be better. Talking about japa...US or UK?

Pls if you are a male nurse you can share your advice and experiences they are highly appreciated and valued.
Shalom.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being A Male Nurse. by Speaklove: 6:12pm On May 11, 2022
I never knew there are male nurses
Until I heard about that someday and I was like
" male nurse ?
Attending to women or what ?
It sounds mediocrely
Especially among SOME African men who wouldn't want a man to attend to their wives.

But if that's your calling feel alright and go with it.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being A Male Nurse. by sageb: 6:28pm On May 11, 2022
Gamechanger45:
Good day my fellow nairalanders.

I just concluded my utme exams, but I am still confused on what part to take. So lately I decided to choose nursing science. But the truth is I don't really know if it will be favourable with respect to my gender....I am a Male. Though I do see male nurses in schools but rarely see them in places of work like hospital....etc.

My questions are;
1. As a male is there anything wrong in being a Nurse?
2. What are the pros and cons in being a male nurse
3. In Nigeria are Nurses valued.... maybe in terms of payment and otherwise.
4. If you are a male Nurse....what would be your advice to an aspirant.
5. Is Nigeria the best place to practice nursing or japa would be better. Talking about japa...US or UK?

Pls if you are a male nurse you can share your advice and experiences they are highly appreciated and valued.
Shalom.

Male nurses are few compared to the female nurses, but stick to it.
Try University 5 years or school of Nursing 3years, after graduation you will be given a licence.
Thereafter, apply abroad and don't look back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Online Coaching For Competitive Exams / Lagos State Entrance Examination Into Model Colleges Practice Tests / Help Your Child Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.