Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

I Need A Help On My 07 Toyota Camry Gearbox. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need A Help On My 07 Toyota Camry Gearbox. (1081 Views)

06/07 Toyota Camry Leather Seat (37k mileage) 4 Quick Sale (Price Reduced) 1.6m / Fix Your Audi Cvt Gearbox Now Available. / First Grade Tokunbo 06/07 Toyota Yaris-price N1.899m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Help On My 07 Toyota Camry Gearbox. by dexmond1: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2011
I need an advice on what to do on my gearbox. replace or fix.
sometime ago, i went to change my 2 front tire. where the service man mistakenly jack my car from the
gearbox oil sump. I notice it immediately. sounding like power steering pump is not working properly.
I took the car to a service center immediately and the allow my car to cool after which the oil was drain
from the gear, then the sump that was dent in was straighten with metal after which it was seal, and the oil was replace
immediately. then the noise stop and the car return to his original shape.

After a week time when i return from a trip of 400km,i when for alignment, then my car just stop moving @ the middle of the road.
i was told it was the oil pump that was bad with some clutch which was replace immediately then the car start moving during test driving the driving stop working but the reverse is still working. if you allow the engine to cool down the the drive will work. i was ask to change my valve selector and clutches which i did. up till now am still experiencing same problem.

I need an advice on what to do, if its to replace i also need someone to tell me the cost.

Thanks
Desmond
Re: I Need A Help On My 07 Toyota Camry Gearbox. by cretin: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
hmmm.this is a serious&expensive mistake by the vulcanizer!!

by service center, u mean a mechanic or an accredited toyota service center?, like elizade ?

2. the oil that was changed, was it the original gear oil that was used to pour right back?, or some random gear oil?

3. my advice is to go to elizade or any other registered toyota dealer in nigeria, such high end cars shudnt be fiddled with by ordinary mechanics, co s they dont understand the mechanism of these new computerized cars.

methinks ur gear oil has been compromised, or wrong one filled or that it was overfilled, making it drivable only when its cold, since it expands more when its hot
Re: I Need A Help On My 07 Toyota Camry Gearbox. by skeeny(m): 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
Mehn, u nor go go kaneshie go buy new gear box. Or bring am, make I fix. Hole 1000ghc oh. Lol. No worry, God dey.
Henry

(1) (Reply)

7.5ton Selfloader Eurotech Iveco Truck 4sale. 4 Pics / 2007 Toyota Prado For Sale! / Ml320 For Sale At A Give Away Price Cleared @ Lagos Port, available @ gbagada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.