Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,949 members, 7,848,852 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series (32864 Views)

#AMVCA10: Genoveva Umeh Wins The Best Supporting Actress (Picture) / Broda Shaggi Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Actor In A Comedy - Movie/tv Series / Odunlade Adekola Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actor - Movie/tv Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Larrysung(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2022
[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=112850298]

I also think so.
But we didn't vote.[/quote

1 Like

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Larrysung(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

I also think so.
But we didn't vote.
i loved bimbo's role more in the same movie but i no vote

1 Like

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:35pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
You watch Nollywood movies?

Yes.

The question sounds very strange.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 1:00pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Yes.

The question sounds very strange.
Why does the question sound strange? Just didn't figure you as one who watch Nollywood movies though.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:50pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
Why does the question sound strange? Just didn't figure you as one who watch Nollywood movies though.

Lol

Because it's almost inevitable that Nigerians living in Nigeria won't watch Nollywood at all.

Except by the question, you mean to clarify if it's my preferred choice of movie.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 4:25pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Lol
Because it's almost inevitable that Nigerians living in Nigeria won't watch Nollywood at all.
Sarcasm? grin

Except by the question, you mean to clarify if it's my preferred choice of movie.
Yeah well...
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:30pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
Sarcasm? grin

Yeah well...

No, it's not.

In the last 5 years, I can count the number of nollywood movies I've watched.

And there are some really good ones in the lot.

I understand that the Nigerian movie industry leaves much to be desired, but I also try to not sound as though the industry is a complete failure and not worth anyone's while because that's far from the truth.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 4:46pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

No, it's not.

In the last 5 years, I can count the number of nollywood movies I've watched.

And there are some really good ones in the lot.

I understand that the Nigerian movie industry leaves much to be desired, but I also try to not sound as though the industry is a complete failure and not worth anyone's while because that's far from the truth.
Ah well. I personally believe Nollywood seriously need to evolve. Almost all the movie they produce is Base on a particular genre and it is usually predictable.

Anytime they try to delve into other genre like thriller, action not to even mention Sci Fi, they fail at it woefully. But still I've enjoyed a couple of them though back when I was young.

1 Like

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:55pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
Ah well. I personally believe Nollywood seriously need to evolve. Almost all the movie they produce is Base on a particular genre and it is usually predictable.

Anytime they try to delve into other genre like thriller, action not to even mention Sci Fi, they fail at it woefully. But still I've enjoyed a couple of them though back when I was young.

Sci-fi is not Nigeria's reality.

Most movie industries have popular themes/genres because of their reality.

Thriller. Lol. You want more witchcraft kinda movies? Cause that's what you'll get.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 5:04pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Thriller. Lol. You want more witchcraft kinda movies? Cause that's what you'll get.
So drama is Nigeria's reality? I can imagine seeing everyday is like a Soap Opera in Nigeria. Lol.

There are many movies Base on Witchcraft and the Occult in Nigeria. It's been there right from the days of Witch Doctor of the Living Dead. (I've actually watched this movie)

Don't forget we had Horror series back in the days also. I remember Hot Cash and Lynx. They were very good series.

I tell you back in the day The series were much better than what we watch now.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:06pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
So drama is Nigeria's reality? I can imagine seeing everyday is like a Soap Opera in Nigeria. Lol.

There are many movies Base on Witchcraft and the Occult in Nigeria. It's been there right from the days of Witch Doctor of the Living Dead. (I've actually watched this movie)

Don't forget we had Horror series back in the days also. I remember Hot Cash and Lynx. They were very good series.

I seem to be missing the message you mean to relay here.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 5:07pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

I seem to be missing the message you mean to relay here.
I'm just saying we can do better... that's all.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Larrysung(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

lol... You dey mind those ones? They want to see an avengers-like movie in Nollywood. You will know they know nothing about film making when you hear them talk about what they'd like to see in Nigerian movies. They want stunt fighters, matial art and all that shit.

1 Like

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Larrysung(m): 5:34pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:

almost all? Then your assumptions are NOT based on facts, nor the truth!
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:37pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
I'm just saying we can do better... that's all.

Yes, we can do better.

Even Hollywood movies receive a lot of criticism, too.

But let the comparison stop.

Personally, if I critique a Nollywood movie, it's to the extent that I know they could have genuinely done better within the context... not in comparison to other industries.
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Larrysung(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:

yes! The world is full of dramas, so yes, it's our reality (reality here means something one can relate with)
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:50pm On May 15, 2022
Larrysung:

lol... You dey mind those ones? They want to see an avengers-like movie in Nollywood. You will they know nothing about film making when you hear them about what they'd like to see in Nigerian movies. They stunt fighters, matial art and all that shit.

Lol. cheesy
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by ShaqFu: 6:47pm On May 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Yes, we can do better.

Even Hollywood movies receive a lot of criticism, too.

But let the comparison stop.

Personally, if I critique a Nollywood movie, it's to the extent that I know they could have genuinely done better within the context... not in comparison to other industries.
Compare you say? Wow. Not today or tomorrow, or The Day After Tomorrow will I compare Hollywood to Nollywood or Nollywood to Hollywood

1 Like

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:13pm On May 15, 2022
ShaqFu:
Compare you say? Wow. Not today or tomorrow, or The Day After Tomorrow will I compare Hollywood to Nollywood or Nollywood to Hollywood

Okay, then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by dammyco(m): 8:30pm On May 15, 2022
Congratulations bae
Re: Omowunmi Dada Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Supporting Actress - Movie/tv Series by Ambber(f): 9:33pm On May 15, 2022
Sugar rush was a 2019 movie ke not even 2020 nor 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Peter Obi' Nollywood Movie Trailer, With Yul Edochie Playing Peter Obi / BBNaija: Miracle & Nina Sleep In Each Other’s Arm After Reconciling / Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.