Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord (40475 Views)

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour / The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord / Sabbath Holy-day. A day of selfless services & doing what pleases GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Interesting15: 6:37am On May 15, 2022
A wizkid is a popular term used for a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age. Obviously, in different centuries and dispensations, there have always been young people fitting into this cadre. One of them was even seen during Jesus' days on earth.

Let's see the book of Mark 10:17-22

17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”
20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”
21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”
22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

When the young rich ruler (who is a wizkid in his own right) met the Lord Jesus, he asked Him what he must do to inherit eternal life, and he started engaging Jesus.

Jesus was very much interested in him, particularly as He see the zealousness he portrayed in his eagerness to please God. God is always interested in young people like us, as we still have the strength to serve His eternal purpose (for our own good though).

Now, this rich young ruler even said he has been doing good from the days of his youth. That is impressive. It shows that it is possible to be young, intelligent, and rich without going the way of waywardness and wrongness.

Note that this young rich ruler even knelt for Jesus - a proof that he is respectful and humble. Unfortunately today, the average successful young person is proud and haughty and full of himself/herself. This is bad.

Additionally, the fact that the very first thing this wizkid asked Jesus was "what shall I do to inherit eternal life", shows how wise he was. He realized that matters of eternity should supercede temporal stuff we see around on earth. This is a challenge to every young and successful person today, that you should give greater priority to your eternal destination, because this world is temporal, and we will all leave here someday. Don't forget that anyone can die anytime, young or old.

Unfortunately, for this rich young ruler, after Jesus told him what to do, he went away sorrowfully because he loves the world more than his Lord.

Jesus told him the prerequisite to eternal life: The need to die to self and make Him (Jesus) Lord indeed.

We must not make our great possessions and accomplishments on earth lord over us, but Jesus must be all that matters. That we should be like Apostle Paul (another wizkid who encountered his Lord), who would say, "But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. But indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ" Philippians 3:7,8

What Jesus wants for him is that he (and everyone of us today) will get to that place where we can say, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me"

While it is good to be really successful from a young age on earth, we must be sure of our eternal destination by living our lives for the Lord Jesus Christ. You must have a good righteous relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and you will be empowered with the Holy Ghost to live a life of victory and dominion. Give your life to Jesus.

Jesus is LORD

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/05/the-day-wizkid-met-his-lord.html

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Interesting15: 6:39am On May 15, 2022
It is your destiny to serve the Lord Jesus in spirit and in truth. Please, align with Jesus today. God bless you

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Interesting15: 6:39am On May 15, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by ajekpaks(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2022
plot lines

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Dollywood(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2022
Lame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by jawalis(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
Wizkid ?

7 Likes

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by WhizdomXX(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
Inspirational. End quota system now!

1 Like

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by STEWpid(f): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
shocked
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by GODPUNISHALABI: 10:24am On May 15, 2022
When will davido meet the Lord too?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Pemisire2020(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
H
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by damosky12(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
Glory!!!
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by victorDanladi: 10:24am On May 15, 2022
Rubbish!

Is that the reason why human being killed their God that created them and nail him of the cross?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by inoki247: 10:25am On May 15, 2022
wetin wizkid dey find inside sermon bayii

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Mokason288(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2022
grin
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by officialwdhtv: 10:25am On May 15, 2022
I come think say na our very own starboy grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by OtemAtum: 10:25am On May 15, 2022
Jesus and his poor man's mentality. Why didn't fictitious Jesus go and tell his heavenly father in heaven to sell all his mansions and heavenly properties and give them to the earthly poor people? When Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were writing the Jesus storybooks, for their minds they have written great philosophies grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by phemmyfour: 10:25am On May 15, 2022
Rubbish

The topic watered down the useful message

Wizkid or Whizkid was coined from " Wizard+ kid". It's never an English word

5 Likes

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Afonja2: 10:26am On May 15, 2022
Wrong!
Wizkid is not an English word
What we have is "whizkid" or "whizz-kid"

20 Likes

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:26am On May 15, 2022
Una don start...

Before we hear choir baby mama

1 Like

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Warlord12(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2022
Lol wizkid grin

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by RedpillAnalyst: 10:26am On May 15, 2022
Was the first day he met Banky W

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by constance500: 10:27am On May 15, 2022
I think say ma machalla thread b this na

8 Likes

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Nobody: 10:27am On May 15, 2022
Hallelujah
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Godjone(m): 10:27am On May 15, 2022
shocked

Gather here if it it the hippop wizkid you were expecting to see

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Boyooosa(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2022
Arrnt
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by owolabi5: 10:30am On May 15, 2022
CAR PAPERS
Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by Thattallgirl(f): 10:31am On May 15, 2022
inoki247:
wetin wizkid dey find inside sermon bayii
officialwdhtv:
I come think say na our very own starboy grin grin grin
GODPUNISHALABI:
When will davido meet the Lord too?
Clowns cheesy grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord by bigdammyj: 10:33am On May 15, 2022
Okay.
So, the young rich man is now or was the Wizkid of his time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video) / Carlos Roe The Goalkeeper Who Rejected Man United To Await The End Of The World / Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.