Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North (315 Views)

Kano Court Rejects Singer’s Blasphemy Appeal, Says Sharia Law Is Constitutional / Herdsmen Kill 3, Rape Oliver Chado's Wife, Sisters-in-law In Delta / Corpse Of A Man Killed By His Brother-In-Law In Benue Tied On Okada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by kazyhm(m): 8:02am On May 15, 2022
I'm not a lawyer hence, lawyers should educate us on the technicality on this subject matter.

From my observation, religious people don't usually condemn act(s) perpetrated as far as it was done for the propagate/protection of their belief system's dominance......they re always diplomatic in their speech when addressing outcries from the aftermath of their fellow believers despicable misadventures.

Religion practices have become a no no topic especially in Nigeria.

However, I personally think the overbearing of the Northerners Muslim fanatics can be addressed if we understand the position of the Nigeria law on the activities that are backed by the sharia law.

1) on what ground did Nigeria constitution recognizes Sheria law in the North ?
2) Is sharia law taking to be the customary law in the North ?
3). If the (2) above is the case, are there lawyer(s) that an accused person(s) can engage for defense in sharia court for the purpose of fair hearing.
4). What are the categories of sharia courts i.e. is there an appeal court, supreme court etc
5) which correctional facilities do sharia courts remind an accused person(s) in cases where he/she is not granted bail
6). Which law enforcement agency (apart from isbah) enforces the sharia court verdict
7). Can a non Muslim file a law suite in a sharia court

I personally think the religious violence in the North are under reported.......I have lived in the North, I have first hand experiences and I know the Northerners to a reasonable extent, as a matter of facts.....I know of two professors that redeployed to other University because of the hostile situation in the Muslim dominated North...one to Unijos and Uniagric, Makurdi.
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by Tissaia(f): 8:06am On May 15, 2022
We practice Sharia. Before the white man comes with his weird shorts and creepy helmet
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by kazyhm(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2022
Tissaia:
We practice Sharia. Before the white man comes with his weird shorts and creepy helmet

Many things were practiced all over Nigeria in the precolonial era....but as we have accepted the weird shorts and creepy helmet aren't we suppose to abide ? Besides, slaughtering an animal is Crue how much more fellow human....
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by godofuck231: 8:44am On May 15, 2022
The nigerian constitution was a fraud to sublime Nigerians into economic and power slavery , this was known to the northern leaders who asked for an exemption from this constitution because it was against their religious ethos nigeria is seen to belong to the fulanis because they are in conaivance with the British in raping the country dry
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by kazyhm(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2022
godofuck231:
The nigerian constitution was a fraud to sublime Nigerians into economic and power slavery , this was known to the northern leaders who asked for an exemption from this constitution because it was against their religious ethos nigeria is seen to belong to the fulanis because they are in conaivance with the British in raping the country dry

Are you sure @ the bolded ?
If that is true, then Nigeria, a country operating two separate system of Government
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by godofuck231: 10:46am On May 15, 2022
kazyhm:

Are you sure @ the bolded ?
If that is true, then Nigeria, a country operating two separate system of Government
what do you have to say about the sharia lawyer whos the chief Justice of the federation , you think it was a mistake ? The north has made a statement and its loud
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by kazyhm(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2022
godofuck231:
what do you have to say about the sharia lawyer whos the chief Justice of the federation , you think it was a mistake ? The north has made a statement and its loud

Did the chief justice of the federation read LAW or Islamic law ?

What I'm interested in is the relationship between the Nigeria Constitution and the Sharia law.

All the attrosity committed by the Northern Muslim are attempted implementation of sharia laws, Zanfara state under Sen. Yerima, Mohammed yosuf in Maiduguri, mattasinni in Kano, shekau Boko Haram etc

And if you read in-between the line, those condemning this recent act refused to talk about the perpetrators and the motive behind it.........
Re: The Nigeria Constitution And The Sharia Law In The North by godofuck231: 12:12pm On May 15, 2022
kazyhm:

Did the chief justice of the federation read LAW or Islamic law ?

What I'm interested in is the relationship between the Nigeria Constitution and the Sharia law.

All the attrosity committed by the Northern Muslim are attempt implement sharia law, Zanfara state under Sen. Yerima, Mohammed yosuf in Maiduguri, mattasinni in Kano, shekau
Boko Haram etc

And if you read in-between the line, those condemning this recent act refused to talk about the perpetrators and the motive behind it.........
Islamic law and if you read in between the lines it means no regard for the nigerian constitution, and as sharia state has a sharia lawyer as chief of Justice

On that he resubscribed nigeria to the league of Islamic states without the notion of the senate

(1) (Reply)

50 Worshippers Killed As Bandits Attack Catholic Church During Mass In Ondo / JUST IN: Killers Of Fasoranti’s Daughter Sentenced To Death / Iran Proxies Jihad Against Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.