Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window (34494 Views)

Father Who Ran Into Burning House To Save Baby Twins Gets Burned Beyond Recognit / Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / My Sister Want To Expose My Secret Life To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by ogbiwa: 7:10am On May 16, 2022
A man has been hailed a hero after he saved a toddler from falling from a height of 100 feet after she was seen hanging from a window of an eighth-floor flat.

The three-year-old toddler had used cushions and toys to climb to the window ledge before she slipped and was left hanging for dear life.

The child was reportedly left alone in Kazakhstan’s capital Nur-Sultan, while her mum went out shopping.

Sabit Shontakbaev, 37, and a friend were on the way to work when they noticed the situation.

The father-of-four rushed into the building and knocked on the apartment door below the girl’s.

He was then filmed climbing outside of the window.

In the clip being shared on social media, Sabit is spotted standing outside of the window as he urges her to let go.

Reaching up, he grabbed the girl’s legs and pulled her down, cradling her in his arms before passing her through the open window to his friend.

Sabit has been celebrated for being a hero and was awarded a medal by the city’s deputy emergency minister.

He said: “I did not have a safety harness, so my friend held my legs. At that moment, I didn’t think about anything. I just wanted to help the child.

“Afterwards, I went straight to work with my friend. Nobody knew that this would happen I just saved the child and left, and in the news and social networks they suddenly began to call me a hero.

“I do not consider my actions heroic. To me, everyone should lend a helping hand in such situations.”

Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations said in a statement: “By the time of arrival, the ministry said it was established that a man had saved the child dangling from the window on the eighth floor.

“No one was with the girl, born in 2019. Fortunately, our hero Shontakbaev Sabit, born in 1985, seeing the hanging, crying child, without hesitation and risking his own life, took emergency action and literally caught and saved the little girl’s life in a matter of seconds.

Cautioning parents against leaving their children unsupervised, the ministry said: “Dear parents, this was a happy occasion when the child was rescued safely, but there are many other incidents with a tragic outcome.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/hero-risks-life-save-toddler-26972618

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Daisy55(f): 7:16am On May 16, 2022
Nice one! ❤️❤️❤️

Such a good man

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by JayTripz(m): 7:16am On May 16, 2022
I can be your Hero baby.....Nice one

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Cj4charles(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2022
That's a huge risk from the man, he just saved a life

13 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by dynicks(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2022
That man deserves Balon d'or!!

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Kingcalls: 7:17am On May 16, 2022
Still most women will insult men... and say they are of no use to the world

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Horla1000: 7:17am On May 16, 2022
Nice one.
Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Samuelakindeji: 7:17am On May 16, 2022
Super man. Bravo!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Btruth: 7:17am On May 16, 2022
Hero indeed. While some useless, dumb head, slowpoke and most stupid people still think the best for them is to kill & lynch an innocent lady because of her defending her faith.

Mad people.

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by BuhariNaWah: 7:18am On May 16, 2022
Bring the mum here for HOT SLAPS.

She has to be taught how to take care of children

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by LordGuru1: 7:18am On May 16, 2022
Yeah. If only the real Heros will Manup and stop being Cowards, that girl would have still being now.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Drickles: 7:18am On May 16, 2022
Nice hero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by southsouthking(m): 7:18am On May 16, 2022
Love, nothing but real Love.

May this new week brings us good tidings.
Cheers to a fruitful week.

10 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by specialmati(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2022
cool cool cool men keeps saving the world

11 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by friendlyadvice: 7:19am On May 16, 2022
grin all these alakoba toddlers na so the mother go enter prison na

8 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Mooh247: 7:19am On May 16, 2022
The future is Vmail, Gmail or Male

5 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by pat077: 7:19am On May 16, 2022
Good gesture
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by yemzzy22(m): 7:20am On May 16, 2022
Some woman nowadays don't even have time for their normal jobs taking care of their kids all they do now is getting into unnecessary things how can you leave a 3 year old baby and go for shopping isn't that stupidity thank God she was saved

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by pennywys(m): 7:20am On May 16, 2022
smiley
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by gbaskiboy: 7:20am On May 16, 2022
i
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by iCauseTrouble: 7:21am On May 16, 2022
angry
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Awesomeking: 7:22am On May 16, 2022
This is amazing, that man deserves more than award, wow.. He saved the life of the baby and the mum too xuz I doubt the mum would be able to live with herself after seeing her child splattered on the floor

5 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by thanksjosh005: 7:22am On May 16, 2022
Whoa
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by Naijareporter20: 7:22am On May 16, 2022
Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by gbaskiboy: 7:23am On May 16, 2022
Some mothers are not qualified to be called mother this one is murderer not mother.

5 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by IamV: 7:23am On May 16, 2022
That innate instinct in every man to protect & save both women & children,even though it might require putting their life on the line.

11 Likes

Re: Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:26am On May 16, 2022
Gallant salute to him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns / Is This Wrong? Married Woman Hugging Men / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.