Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How Would You Rate The 6-3-3-4 Education System In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Would You Rate The 6-3-3-4 Education System In Nigeria? (3884 Views)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure / Nigeria Adopts - 1 6 3 3 4 Education System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Rate The 6-3-3-4 Education System In Nigeria? by Uchebobo: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2007
Should system be reverted back to previous system (British way)  or should we conform to the 6-3-3-4 (American System) currently in place? In my own view I think it hasn't work so great as expected. The system is working better in America where I currently reside. One of the problems (Nigeria setting) is that the system shy away from it's inadequate and shortage of technical colleges for students that can't or find it difficult to proceed from junior secondary school to senior secondary school. what do you know?
Re: How Would You Rate The 6-3-3-4 Education System In Nigeria? by viee(f): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2007
i don't think the problem is with the system
it is essentially, a management problem
the neglect is such that no matter the system we choose to adopt, we will not make much progress

however, as regards, 6334 system, i have always been in support of it
the method Oby Ezekwisili introduced (934), i think,
though would have encouraged more to go school . . .since little change and cost will be necessary. . . . if  we choose look at it from the point of view of continuity,
in terms of the psychological growth, it will certainly be lacking

they is always a great thrill to leave a particular level, environment, change of uniform. . .  to move to something higher and psychologically,
we are expected to fill a particular role.
therefore, since school work isn't  just about academics but also the social and physiological growth of every individual
i will certainly vote for 6334, as it at least guarantees movement, wider interaction from a relatively younger age
thereby making the individual an all round developer.
Re: How Would You Rate The 6-3-3-4 Education System In Nigeria? by Uchebobo: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2007
Thanks Viee for such a wonderful contribution. You said something about "movement guarantees, wider interaction from a relatively younger age thereby making the individual an all round developer.
How is that helping could you please clarify?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News ! Lasu Releases New 1st And 2nd Round Of Supplementary Admission List Full Time / Jamb!!! recheck your answers when the computer logs u out. my story / See Before And After Photos Of Some Famous Cities In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.