Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? (1009 Views)

Tecno Camon 18i - The Cheapest Of The Camon Series / No Wifi Push Button In Tecno Spark 4 / Screen Overlay In Tecno W2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2022
Good day all,

My Camon 18i is always showing me settings running in the background notification. I've tried my best in stopping it but all to no avail. I have switched off and rebooted it several times but it keeps notifying me after some time.

It doesn't drain my battery either, but I'm not just comfortable with the notification that pops up on the screen every now and then. Pls how best can I stop this menace once and for all?

@Atheistandproud and other phone gurus in the house.

Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Fremantle: 5:18pm On May 18, 2022
Cakkie:
Good day all,

It doesn't drain my battery either, but I'm not just comfortable with the notification that pops up on the screen every now and then. Pls how best can I stop this menace once and for all?

What was the outcome when you tapped on the pop-up notification? Where did it lead to..........
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 5:47pm On May 18, 2022
Fremantle:

What was the outcome when you tapped on the pop-up notification? Where did it lead to..........

Here pls.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Fremantle: 5:56pm On May 18, 2022
Cakkie:

Here pls.
OK, tap on notifications, and turn off all notification icon you see.

Something like the img below (your's should have more options)

Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2022
Fremantle:

OK, tap on notifications, and turn off all notification icon you see.

Something like the img below (your's should have more options)

I can't even access the button..
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Fremantle: 9:32am On May 19, 2022
Cakkie:

I can't even access the button..
It seems you went to notifications center.

Follow these steps;
Go to settings < App > Scroll down and locate < Settings >

In settings - go to notifications and turn off all icon.
If after you've turned off all icon and the notification still pops-up, "Clear Data" under settings.

If the above doesn't work, go to settings - System - System Update and Update your Software or Security Patch.

Either of the options above should work.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2022
Fremantle:

It seems you went to notifications center.

Follow these steps;
Go to settings < App > Scroll down and locate < Settings >

In settings - go to notifications and turn off all icon.
If after you've turned off all icon and the notification still pops-up, "Clear Data" under settings.

If the above doesn't work, go to settings - System - System Update and Update your Software or Security Patch.

Either of the options above should work.

All icons under the notification are turned off.

After clearing the cache and storage, it brings me to the home page. And the cycle continues.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Fremantle: 3:19pm On May 19, 2022
Cakkie:

All icons under the notification are turned off.

After clearing the cache and storage, it brings me to the home page. And the cycle continues.

From your attached img, most of the notifications are turned on. Seems your phone is denying you access to manually turn off this icons. Anyway just do the below.....

I can see System Update available.
UPDATE YOUR PHONE
That should solve the issue

Awaiting your feedback, after the above has been carried out.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Flamees(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2022
Cakkie:
Good day all,

My Camon 18i is always showing me settings running in the background notification. I've tried my best in stopping it but all to no avail. I have switched off and rebooted it several times but it keeps notifying me after some time.

@Atheistandproud and other phone gurus in the house.
Disable this thing bro and it will Vanish
Go to your battery settings and Find it

Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Ajilenu: 8:01pm On May 19, 2022
Did any of the suggestion work
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 3:07am On May 20, 2022
Flamees:

Hi. Pls It's not even turned on — it's switched off. Even after turning it on, I couldn't find "settings" in the list of the apps. I'm tired.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 3:09am On May 20, 2022
Fremantle:

From your attached img, most of the notifications are turned on. Seems your phone is denying you access to manually turn off this icons. Anyway just do the below.....

I can see System Update available.
UPDATE YOUR PHONE
That should solve the issue
Awaiting your feedback, after the above has been carried out.

And if I should wipe my phone, will any of my files be deleted?
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 3:16am On May 20, 2022
Flamees:

I just turned on the screen off scheduled push and the notification seems to have gone away. Anyway I'll confirm this statement in the morning.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 3:17am On May 20, 2022
Ajilenu:
Did any of the suggestion work

Seems this worked. Thanks a lot Fremantle.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Flamees(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2022
Cakkie:

Seems this worked.
If i turn mine On it displays the Stuff

Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 8:06am On May 20, 2022
Flamees:

If i turn mine On it displays the Stuff

Yes. Just turn it off. And please why do these stuffs keep getting automatically downloaded on my phone whenever I turn my data on?

@flamees
@fremantle
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Flamees(m): 9:11am On May 20, 2022
Cakkie:

Yes. Just turn it off. And please why do these stuffs keep getting automatically downloaded on my phone whenever I turn my data on?

@flamees
@fremantle
Probably it's Gmail that's downloading that file
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Flamees(m): 9:13am On May 20, 2022
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2022
Flamees:
So, what do I do pls?
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Fremantle: 12:42pm On May 20, 2022
Flamees:

I don't think it's Gmail that's responsible. I think it's a playback/ringtone for a particular app the OP installed.

Turn off automatic download from your settings or set it to download over Wi-Fi
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Ajilenu: 8:02am On May 21, 2022
Cakkie:

Seems this worked. Thanks a lot Fremantle.
nice! How did you locate it? Cos I wanna do same for mine too
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Cakkie(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2022
Ajilenu:
nice! How did you locate it? Cos I wanna do same for mine too

Ok. On my Camon 18i:

From settings [b] to [b]battery lab to advanced settings and turn off the screen off sleep.
Re: How Do I Stop Background Apps In Tecno Camon 18i? by Ajilenu: 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
Cakkie:

Ok. On my Camon 18i:

From settings [b] to [b]battery lab to advanced settings and turn off the screen off sleep.
oh! I use the premier version. Thanks alot.

(1) (Reply)

Suggest Any Phone I Can Get On A Budget Of 90-110k / SOLD!!!Clean Infinix Note 10 (4GB, 128GB) / Sony Ericcson T628 Configurations For Wap/ Internet Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.