Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison (1425 Views)

See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / Immigration Officer’s Wife Battered For Shunning Love Advances / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison by aloyemeka1: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-euxy0I6xivI/Th_oINjXFcI/AAAAAAAAFDg/20ykDUhIbfM/s1600/Battered-Housewife2.jpg[/img]
Mrs Harriet Ariwoyo

A battered housewife, Mrs Harriet Obiageri Ariwoyo, a mother of five, has dragged her husband, Prince Ariwoyo, to a Lagos court where he was remanded at Kirikiri Prison Apapa, for allegedly battering and threatening to kill his wife.

Prince, 45, allegedly turned his wife into a punching bag at any slightest provocation, a situation witnessed by neighbours at their Apata street Akesan, outskirt of Lagos resident. He was eventually arrested by the police at Igando station and locked up.

The battered woman claims that their 18- year old peaceful marriage suddenly became sour after she told Prince that she has had enough of child bearing since God has blessed them with daughters. They had no sons. Although Prince pretended to agree with her decision, he later turned violent and turned Harriet into a punching bag.

On the day the incident happened, Prince was alleged to have beaten Harriet mercilessly and injured her.
She went to Igando Police Station and reported the assault. When Prince was invited to the station, he threatened that he will kill Harriet in the presence of the police officers.

He was charged to Ejigbo magistrat’s court for threatening to kill his wife. When the matter came up at the court, he pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The presiding magistrate, Mrs Sherry O. Solebo granted him bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum. He was, however, remanded in Kirikiri prison, Apapa, Lagos because none of his relations came to bail him.

Battered can get justice in Nigeria.
Source: PM News

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/07/battered-housewife-sends-hubby-to.html
Re: Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison by Ndipe(m): 12:53am On Jul 16, 2011
How can you turn your spouse into a punching bag? Shame!
Re: Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison by aloyemeka1: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2011
Ndipe:

How can you turn your spouse into a punching bag? Shame!

Cos she has no MALE child which is the main ingredient in human beings.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Approve Of Cohabitation? / Would You Do This For Him? / A Thread About A Matured Single Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.