Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Lives At Stake In Doctors' Hands At General Hospitals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lives At Stake In Doctors' Hands At General Hospitals (252 Views)

Lagos Assembly Moves To Upgrade 3 General Hospitals To Tertiary Hospital Status / Umahi Completes Reconstruction Of Two General Hospitals In Ebonyi In 20 Day(pix) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lives At Stake In Doctors' Hands At General Hospitals by ibrocool(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2022
It has come to my notice now that General Hospitals or let just say government hospitals in general are not the best palace to go if you are in need of urgent medical attention. Do you notice that most of the doctors are very young? They were just thrown into hospitals to start attending to patients without learning from experienced doctors.

Recently, I accompanied my mum to Lagos Island general hospital for treatment of ulcer. We had to queued for hours to get EMR (Electronic Medical Report), to check blood pressure and to see a doctor.

Finally, we met the doctor and told him about the ailment. To my surprise, the doctor wrote blood test, urine test, scan and other unnecessary test which sum up to N21,000. I was like what is the essence of these list of test. It is like the doctors have mission to make as much money as possible to the government pocket.

To make matter worse, the so called doctor did not prescribe any immediate drugs or injection to reduce the pain despite letting him know that the patient is really having serious pain. He said we have to do all the tests first before any other thing. I couldn't argue much because a zombie doctor asked me too to do HIV and blood count test which have nothing to do with what I complained. Anyways, I did the HIV test and I was negative.

While on queue to see the doctor, the patients discussed about the numerous tests they had to do which proved to be totally useless and cost a lot of money. My aunt spent about N50,000 on tests which proved to be worthless. She had to go to a pharmacist who prescribe drugs for her and she became fine. Whereas in the past, patients do only necessary tests and spend little money to get treatment. But now, you spend a lot but still end up not getting healed.

Back to the matter, we had to leave and went straight to private hospital. With just N10,000, my mum received immediate treatment and became fine.
Re: Lives At Stake In Doctors' Hands At General Hospitals by Killmaster1(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2022
U are not far from the truth.when I went into one of consultation room,can u believe the young doctor was booking bet9ja games on his laptop as he was talking to a patient?it looked like movie to me.

2 Likes

Re: Lives At Stake In Doctors' Hands At General Hospitals by Gee64: 12:44am On May 26, 2022
Doctors and nurses in the General Hospitals don't give necessary attention to patients.
A young doctor once mistakenly stitched my mother inlaw's intestine together which resulted to her death 7 years back.

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Eczema Fast With Tallow (cow Fat) / 8 Healthful Benefits Of Dates With Milk At Night-asikoherbs / Taking Care Of Yourself As A Female Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.