Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her (1576 Views)

'she Is Not Who You Think She Is' - Funke Akindele's Stepson Spills Amid Marriag / See What Alex, Tobi And Other Celebs Have Been Doing In Self Isolation / Is Funke Akindele Pregnant Or Is This Pot Belly? Fans Ask (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by TheOlusanjo(m): 4:43am On May 26, 2022
So I had a rewatch of the 2020 Nollywood movie, Who's The Boss, starring two trending personalities at the moment, Funke Akindele and Blossom Chukwujekwu.

The Netflix movie directed by Chinaza Onuzo covers the story of a young but overworked ad executive played by Sharon Ooja with an overbearing boss (Funke Akindele), a reality of many young persons earning a living in corporate Lagos.

With the lingering 'horrible boss' chatters from those who have worked with the Nollywood sweetheart, it is hard to shake off her role in the movie – Funke Akindele acted out the accounts of multiple persons who have narrated what it's like working with her. Not taking away the fact that the multiple award-winning actress killed the role.

Let's give it to Funke, maintaining an acting career for over 3 decades is no easy feat to be overlooked and as the popular parlance will have it, Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

You can't maintain excellence at that level for a long time without having to step on some toes – The question here is how many toes has Funke Akindele stepped on to become the icon that she is today?

Below good/bad boss moments from the stars that have worked with the actress.

FALZ - Good

One of her proteges, Nigerian singer cum actor, Falz has won two AMVCA plaques in his short acting career - One as a Best Actor in a Comedy Movie/Series – Jenifa’s Diary (2016) and the other as best supporting actor in 2018 movie, New Money.

Falz began his career as a musician, but he eventually moved into acting, landing his first major part as Sege in Jenifa's Diary. Since then, he's been in significant films such as Quam's Money and Chief Daddy. He also just established his own production company, House 21 TV, which was responsible for the hit Youtube show Therapy, which starred Falz and Toke Makinwa.

Falzs on Inkblot meet and greet, revealed that he left his 'Sege' role in Jenifa's Diary due to his tight schedule.

"If I could be on the show every single episode, I would but it's just schedule, timing, shooting, ah! People genuinely root for them (Jenifa and Sege). And there was a time that she had a bit of a confusion in her life as per which guy she should pick and everybody was like Sege! Funke is able to build herself around characters that she's working with and I have to say she's one of the most, if not the most hardworking person I have come across in this entertainment industry. This woman, as we're on set, she's writing the next episode, she's directing. Ha!"

Lota Chukwu - Good

Nollywood actress, Lota Ckukwu is another star who gained popularity for her role in Jenifa's Dairy from 2015 to 2018. Lota played the role of Kiki, a friend to Jenifa, the lead character.

On why she left the show, the 32-year-old in an interview with Pulse TV said: ”Funke Akindele is our mother on set. She is very attentive to the individual needs of everyone. The relationship I have with her is kind off the same . Jenifa is someone who loves to care for everybody, and of-f set it’s the same”.

Tobi Makinde - Good

The budding actor, Tobi Makinde rose into prominence for his Timini role in Jenifa's Diary. Timini is the personal assistant to Jenifa, the lead character and it appears their relationship have gone beyond the screens.

Tobi on an Instagram page adulated Funke saying:

“A river that forgets its source will surely dry up. I remember when I had no idea how I was gonna move on in life after my masters degree, you were there to take me in with little or no experience whatsoever about running production. You said you would give me a job without knowing me from anywhere, without knowing my capabilities. All I had was my educational qualification and thirst to work and learn on the job.

"Prior to this I had tried to work in other production outfits but none took me not because I wasn’t qualified but because they probably didn’t believe in me. You, on the other hand, believed in me, took me as a son, scolded me when I messed up all in a bid to make me better at my craft. Only the patient and hardworking will understand who you really are. Thank you mom for everything and may God keep blessing you @funkejenifaakindele I really appreciate you ma!!”

See accounts of other stars who have worked with Funke Akindele here: https://burbles.ng/2022/05/21/is-funke-akindele-really-a-bad-boss-here-is-what-stars-who-have-worked-with-her-have-to-say/

Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by Marketgists(f): 5:03am On May 26, 2022
Booked
Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by Mooh247: 5:11am On May 26, 2022
Funke Akindele worked hard for all she got perhaps she stepped on few toes
Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by esthel(f): 5:53am On May 26, 2022
Hardworking yeah but Funke get for hand. She just has this grace that keeps covering up for her.
Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by Foreigna2: 7:27am On May 26, 2022
esthel:
Hardworking yeah but Funke get for hand. She just has this grace that keeps covering up for her.

It is not grace, it is because those she's messing with are docile. She dare not try this nonsense abroad. She is a lousy bully who almost got jailed for flouting Covid regulations. If any of those people she does nonsense to sue her, those her big eyes will shed a jerrycan of tears.

1 Like

Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by NobleAngell(f): 7:43am On May 26, 2022
I like Funke to an extend but she strikes me as someone who has no time for non.sense.
Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by turawaa(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2022
Successful people tend to move all his staffs along by installing discipline in them.

If that’s odd, u can resign

1 Like

Re: Is Funke Akindele Really A Bad Boss? Here Is What Celebs Have To Say About Her by MMempire(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2022
My judgement : "Good"

(1) (Reply)

Softmadeit Biography, Career, Girlfriend, Beauty Goddess & Net Worth 2022 / Destiny Etiko Celebrate Birthday By Going Naked / Ivorian Goalkeeper Allegedly With Something Fetish Tied Around His Waist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.