Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) (345 Views)

Buy Smartphones Of Your Choice And Pay Later – Easybuy Mobile Device Financing / The Real Story About 400level Student Of Bowen That Impregnated His Vc’s Wife / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by rajiedreez: 7:24am On May 26, 2022
We use to have this cooker when I stayed in mushin then. Because of the reoccurring stories of electric shock when we bought it back the we bought a tester screwdriver with it. Anytime we put it on, even before placing a pot on it, it's mandatory to use the tester to test for current around the cooker. And it's only the grown children that have the permission to use it. If they catch any young kid near it then, the beating he or she will receive will almost be equal to the electric they'd have gotten if it shocked them.

At last we had to sell to aboki when the protocol of using it was too much to cope with, because if we can't find the tester you dare not on the cooker until you see a tester to carryout the necessary test before cooking grin grin

It was an adventurous and daring experience using it because kids will be kids and we were daring back then

Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by Killmaster1(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2022
Neva used it and won't.gas and stove are enough for me.u can call me old fashion
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by ZeroOneTribe: 7:47am On May 26, 2022
Ha this thing can shock you even when the switch is off.
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by dawnomike(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2022
That thing showed me pepper... Aside from series of electric shocks, i became an expert in re-joining the springs when it cut.

That hot plate was responsible for the 2nd highest electric shock I received after the 'boiling ring' grin
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by rajiedreez: 7:52am On May 26, 2022
dawnomike:
That thing showed me pepper... Aside from series of electric shocks, i became an expert in re-joining the springs when it cut.

That hot plate was responsible for the 2nd highest electric shock I received after the 'boiling ring' grin
We didn't use our own till the spring start cutting before we sold it to aboki
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by Tokskob2008: 7:52am On May 26, 2022
This is old school... Problem starts when the ceramic breaks and the springs begins to cut then you start to rejoin and rejoin taking in multiple electric shocks from time to time lol....
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by rajiedreez: 7:53am On May 26, 2022
If my pale catch say u dey cook with electric cooker without standby tester, Chai u don jam be that
Re: What's Your Story About This Popular Cooking Device (pix) by Bluntguy: 8:12am On May 26, 2022
That thing done shock me before. I just troway am.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Clean And Sound Direct Lexus RX350 For Sale With Full Options In Good Con / Remembering The Late Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke / See The Best President Of America That Presided From A Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.