Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen (388 Views)

Macbook Pro 2017 Screen Flickering / Checkout How To Remove Easybuy Security Plugin / Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Hope2014(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2022
I have tried this options below, still no improvement
To reset the model’s SMC without having a T2 chip, follow the steps given below: –

Step 1:
The first step that always remains the same is to shut down your device (MacBook Pro).
Hold shift key of the left side and left control along with left Alt option key available.
Hold the above keys for at least 10-12 seconds. Without letting them release, press and hold the power button on your MacBook Pro.
Now, additionally, keep all these four keys pressed for about 10 seconds more.
Now, release the keys you pressed and wait for at least 20-30 seconds, and after that turn on your MacBook Pro.

Step 2: Reset NVRAM on MacBook Pro: After completing the above process, the individual has to reset their MacBook’s NVRAM with the following steps:
Restart your MacBook.
After turning your MacBook back on, press the command keys P and R and keep it held.
After hearing the start-up sound of the MacBook for the second time, then after you have to release the keys.
With the models having a T2 chip, you have to keep in mind before releasing the keys, after when the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by bigtt76(f): 6:11pm On May 30, 2022
What lines? Isn't this a background image? angry

Hope2014:
I have tried this options below, still no improvement
To reset the model’s SMC without having a T2 chip, follow the steps given below: –

Step 1:
The first step that always remains the same is to shut down your device (MacBook Pro).
Hold shift key of the left side and left control along with left Alt option key available.
Hold the above keys for at least 10-12 seconds. Without letting them release, press and hold the power button on your MacBook Pro.
Now, additionally, keep all these four keys pressed for about 10 seconds more.
Now, release the keys you pressed and wait for at least 20-30 seconds, and after that turn on your MacBook Pro.

Step 2: Reset NVRAM on MacBook Pro: After completing the above process, the individual has to reset their MacBook’s NVRAM with the following steps:
Restart your MacBook.
After turning your MacBook back on, press the command keys P and R and keep it held.
After hearing the start-up sound of the MacBook for the second time, then after you have to release the keys.
With the models having a T2 chip, you have to keep in mind before releasing the keys, after when the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time.

Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Hope2014(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2022
bigtt76:
What lines? Isn't this a background image? angry

I did Screen shot on mac that is why, but i have changed the picture by snapping the screen. You can check it now.
Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by bigtt76(f): 7:26pm On May 30, 2022
Is that the line in the middle or the rasterize lines? Can you got to Systems Preference==>Display and do a screenshot of what you see there. I suspect the Refresh Rate may have changed - it should be 60Hz.

If not the above then likely you bucked the laptop screen against a hard surface. Awaiting your screenshot now

Hope2014:

I did Screen shot on mac that is why, but i have changed the picture by snapping the screen. You can check it now.
Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Onyeka90210(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2022
Na normal thing for 2016, 2017 models
Any slight pressure, the display flex gets issue, because of how thin the laptop is
It's a hard ware issue, sometimes it comes and goes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Hope2014(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Any slight pressure, the display flex gets issue, because of how thin the laptop is
Yes it comes and goes
Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Hope2014(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2022
bigtt76:
Is that the line in the middle or the rasterize lines? Can you got to Systems Preference==>Display and do a screenshot of what you see there. I suspect the Refresh Rate may have changed - it should be 60Hz.

If not the above then likely you bucked the laptop screen against a hard surface. Awaiting your screenshot now

Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Hope2014(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Is there any lasting solution
Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by Onyeka90210(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2022
Hope2014:

Is there any lasting solution
Seems the fault is the T-con board
And you be can’t replace it without replacing the. Display
There are some sources said it’s caused by over b heating, the heat sink is close to the t-con board, thereby affecting it.
Try and find open the laptop to clean the vents and all
And avoid blocking the vents with pillow and stuffs.
But there’s a samprince mac guy in that pepple street plaza in Cv, he should have an idea about diagnosis.
He’s one of the best mac engineers in my option, neat office.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove This Lines From My Macbook 2017 Screen by bigtt76(f): 6:50am On May 31, 2022
Sorry to say but looks like a logic board issue or screen hardware but try these below

1. https://www.pcfixlondon.com/how-to-fix-macbook-pro-horizontal-lines-on-screen/
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02ZUYN9Wgg

[quote author=Hope2014 post=113322171][/quote]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 840 G6 For Sale! / Available: 2020 Macbook Pro With Touch Bar At 460k / Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15arr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.