Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? (872 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by ifeis(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2007
Why dont most sites accept nigerian credit card, dont u think its not just fair.Tried paying 4 some things some couple of weeks bak with the credit card or rather debit card issued to me from GTB,but it was declined.What can i do?
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by tundewoods(m): 3:55am On Aug 10, 2007
Simple,most of these foreign websites consider Nigeria as a high risk and credit card fraudulent country so we seem to be blacklisted from most credit card accepting websites.

I also use a GTB mastercard,however i am able to use mine because i have a working relationship with the website that i use my cards.I suggest you first send them an email to inform them of the challenges you are facing.However i must warn that in case you are trying to use your credit card on a shopping website like Ebay will virtually be impossible.

Our online image as fraud prone nation is responsible for this.
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by simplyme3(f): 4:02am On Aug 10, 2007
lies -its because the bank cards are not international - they are not in the database - if its Visa - then cool.
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by donne4real(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2007
I think a thing of comfort is the fact that you can use the debit card (as long as it is either Visa or Mastercard) if you are present in other nations. I had a friend who visited from Nigeria and he was able to use his debit card in the US without any issue.

(1) (Reply)

Which of the Stocks Are good Buy This Season / ATM Theft: My Sister's Money Was Stolen From Her GTB Account / Looking To Share A '40 Foot Container To Port Onne/Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.