Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion (1108 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Seun(m): 12:20pm On May 31, 2022
When I heard that there was a show about Obi-Wan Kenobi starred by Ewan McGregor, the same actor who played him in the prequels, I knew I had to watch it because Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 'heart' of Star Wars. I've watched the first two episodes of this show; they were pretty good.

It was hard for me to understand why the black inquisitor who was obviously powerful had such a fresh face compared to the others. I couldn't see her as anything other than "cute" until she uttered the words "your fear betrays you". Then I was like, "ok, she's Sith. I believe her."

I have to say that the show is a solid 7/10. Many Star Wars shows have featured characters who aren't central to the story, like the Mandalorian. This show features characters that we know and love and care about. Obi-Wan, Anakim, Leah, Luke, etc., So it should be more engaging.

There are a few points in the story where characters acted unwisely to drive the story forward, but they didn't stop me from enjoying the show.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by skydancer: 12:31pm On May 31, 2022
I just don't want to be dragged in and then get disappointed.
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by GloriousGbola: 1:49pm On May 31, 2022
Seun:
When I heard that there was a show about Obi-Wan Kenobi starred by Ewan McGregor, the same actor who played him in the prequels, I knew I had to watch it because Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 'heart' of Star Wars. I've watched the first two episodes of this show; they were pretty good.

It was hard for me to understand why the black inquisitor who was obviously powerful had such a fresh face compared to the others. I couldn't see her as anything other than a cutie until she uttered the words "your fear betrays you". Then I was like, "ok, she's Sith. I believe her."

I have to say that the show is a solid 7/10. Many Star Wars shows have featured characters who aren't central to the story, like the Mandalorian. This show features characters that we know and love and care about. Obi-Wan, Anakim, Leah, Luke, etc., So it should be more engaging.

There are a few points in the story where characters acted unwisely to drive the story forward, but they didn't stop me from enjoying the show.

I find Your lack of grounding in the expanded star wars universe disturbing

Allow me to present the second sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Seun(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:
I find Your lack of grounding in the expanded star wars universe disturbing
The extended universe is essentially fan fiction, so I find it hard to pretend that it's all part of one coherent story. I like Ahsoka a lot though.

Allow me to present the second sister
The character in Obi Wan Kenobi is actually the third sister, not the second sister.

1 Like

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by GloriousGbola: 9:35pm On May 31, 2022
Seun:

The extended universe is essentially fan fiction, so I find it hard to pretend that it's all part of one coherent story. I like Ahsoka a lot though.

The character in Obi Wan Kenobi is actually the third sister, not the second sister. The actress is extremely young; probably in her teens.

The second sister featured prominently in star wars jedi fallen order, a star wars game released 2 years ago
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Seun(m): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2022
Episode 3 is out. Beware of spoilers below.

GloriousGbola:
The second sister featured prominently in star wars jedi fallen order, a star wars game released 2 years ago
I think the second sister might be the chinese looking Inquisitor. The black one is definitely the third sister:

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by mikuz(m): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2022
This show is a hit.
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by HardMirror(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
Seun:
Episode 3 is out. Beware of spoilers below.

I think the second sister might be the chinese looking Inquisitor. The black one is definitely the third sister:
this man sha. Well the series has taken the world by storm. Would come around to watching it eventually.
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
this man sha.
did I say something wrong? pls explain.
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by HardMirror(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
Seun:
no. You made me watch game of thrones now you want me to watch star wars too
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Belial06: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Seun:

I am resisting the urge to start watching. I want them to finish so I can binge it

May the force be with you

1 Like

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by RichProminent(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2022
Sweetat where are u na @Beautygoddesss
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Beautygoddesss: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2022
RichProminent:
Sweetat where are u na @Beautygoddesss
afa sry my phone off b4
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by RichProminent(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
afa sry my phone off b4
No qualms
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by Beautygoddesss: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2022
RichProminent:
No qualms
better
Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Star Wars TV Show Discussion by LarrySun(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Seun:

It was hard for me to understand why the black inquisitor who was obviously powerful had such a fresh face compared to the others. I couldn't see her as anything other than "cute" until she uttered the words "your fear betrays you". Then I was like, "ok, she's Sith. I believe her."

Would I still understand and enjoy it if I didn't watch the prequels?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In D Mix / Photographer Searching For Info About Nollywood / Is Caroline Ekanem Beyonce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.