Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Easiest Position To Play In Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Easiest Position To Play In Football? (7461 Views)

The Top 10 Clubs With The Most Official Trophies In Football History / Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final / Football: Toughest Position To Play On The Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
wat do you guys think the easiest position to play in football is? most would say full back but while the position might be relatively easy to play it is also relatively difficult to play well. personally i think it is central defence that is easiest. you dont need to possess a very wide range of skils to play there, at full back you need both defensive and offensive skills and at midfield you will need a measure of both plus technical ability, playin as a forward is relatively easy as well, so wat do you guys think?
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by mikuz(m): 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
Defense! Period!!
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by blaqqyboi: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2011
centre back.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2011
sitting on the couch!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by medjai(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2011
Centre-back is the most difficult position to play in. The role of a CB has changed these days. Most teams like to build their attack from the back. Long gone are the days where all you need do as a CB is hoof the ball.
E.g of modern CB's are Gerrard Pique, Thiago Silva, David Luiz. . . They are actively involved in their team's play.

The easiest position to play is forward.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 11:05am On Jul 19, 2011

Really!!!!

knowing that the hardest part of football is getting the ball into the net!!!! I recommend you ask those who play as a striker how easy or hard it is?
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2011
baby-boy:

baby-boy:

lol na reclining on the lazy boy myt be a bit easier wink.

medjai:

Centre-back is the most difficult position to play in. The role of a CB has changed these days. Most teams like to build their attack from the back. Long gone are the days where all you need do as a CB is hoof the ball.
E.g of modern CB's are Gerrard Pique, Thiago Silva, David Luiz. . . They are actively involved in their team's play.

medjai:

no way can CB be more difficult than CM, tru most teams build from the back but the fact is CB's have so much space that this is not a problem, they mostly end up passing to a full back or to a midfielder to do the work of moving the ball.
as a CB if your suroundin players(i.e midfield and full backs) are good then you hardly get to face attackers one on one so all you do is position yourself for the interception and to mark players out of the game.

baby-boy:

Really!!!!

knowing that the hardest part of football is getting the ball into the net!!!! I recommend you ask those who play as a striker how easy or hard it is?
baby-boy:

Really!!!!

its relatively easy cuz u dont really need any special talent you just need to be naturally athletic to be good enough as a striker. in fact as a striker its like the whole team is working for you
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
its relatively easy cuz u dont really need any special talent you just need to be naturally athletic to be good enough as a striker. in fact as a striker its like the whole team is working for you

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tell me why strikers are more expensive to buy and command the highest pay day since football began?

The mere fact that a striker has the think faster than any other player when he has the ball, has less time to make a decision, has less room to manoeuvre, has to have the perfect touch on the ball,
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by medjai(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
Playing as a CB, one poor control, one poor pass, one second loss of concentration and you are instantly punished. As a CB, your touch and passing must be faultless.
Besides, playing as CB is the most physically demanding part of the gme.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
baby-boy:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tell me why strikers are more expensive to buy and command the highest pay day since football began?

The mere fact that a striker has the think faster than any other player when he has the ball, has less time to make a decision, has less room to manoeuvre, has to have the perfect touch on the ball,

dude strikers arent more expensive, midfielders are the most expensive players nowadays, especially if you class wingers as midfielders

medjai:

Playing as a CB, one poor control, one poor pass, one second loss of concentration and you are instantly punished. As a CB, your touch and passing must be faultless.
Besides, playing as CB is the most physically demanding part of the gme.

how is Cb mor demanding physically? midfielders cover the most ground during a match, and these days DMs are as physically imposing as CBs, in fact Ferguson once said he admired the nesta maldini milan defence because they once went an entire game without making a single tackle(cuz by mere positioning they snuffed out all chances), truly great defending is more a mental thing than a physical thing. i have played both CM and CB and honestly wen playin CB i get bored, the action is all in CM

and i dont need to point out the fact that most CBs realy dont have great control, seriously can yu name one defender wit better touch on the ball than any one midfielder of your choice?(both at world class level)
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
dude strikers arent more expensive, midfielders are the most expensive players nowadays, especially if you class wingers as midfielder

Look only 3 midfielder are in the top 10 most expensive transfers and 2 of them have retired the only one  and Kaka could be used as a second striker.

1 Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009, £80million

2 Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Inter Milan to Barcelona, 2009, £56.5million

3 Kaka – AC Milan to Real Madrid, 2009, £56million

4 Fernando Torres – Liverpool to Chelsea, 2011, £50million

5 Zinedine Zidane – Juventus to Real Madrid, 2001, £46.5million

6 Luis Figo – Barcelona to Real Madrid, 2000, £37million

7 Hernan Crespo – Parma to Lazio, 2000, £35.5million

8 Andy Carroll – Newcastle to Liverpool, 2011, £35million

9 David Villa – Valencia to Barcelona, 2010, £34million

10 Gianluigi Buffon – Parma to Juventus, 2001, £32.6million
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by montelik(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2011
D easiest position would be full back. Its d simplest position to learn and not a particularly critical one compared to goalie, center back, center midfield or striker.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
baby-boy:

Look only 3 midfielder are in the top 10 most expensive transfers and 2 of them have retired the only one  and Kaka could be used as a second striker.

1 Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009, £80million

2 Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Inter Milan to Barcelona, 2009, £56.5million

3 Kaka – AC Milan to Real Madrid, 2009, £56million

4 Fernando Torres – Liverpool to Chelsea, 2011, £50million

5 Zinedine Zidane – Juventus to Real Madrid, 2001, £46.5million

6 Luis Figo – Barcelona to Real Madrid, 2000, £37million

7 Hernan Crespo – Parma to Lazio, 2000, £35.5million

8 Andy Carroll – Newcastle to Liverpool, 2011, £35million

9 David Villa – Valencia to Barcelona, 2010, £34million

10 Gianluigi Buffon – Parma to Juventus, 2001, £32.6million

thats not the best of statistics to use, if we could compare the prices of a much broader selection of plaerys then i believe the results would tell a different story. in any case the relative price of a commodity is not the accurate measure of its value, question which is more valuable, water or diamonds?
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
montelik:

D easiest position would be full back. Its d simplest position to learn and not a particularly critical one compared to goalie, center back, center midfield or striker.

shocked shocked how can you say that?? the full backs are almost the most critical piece of the puzzle, imagine a team without full backs, they would be completely exposed to attacks down the flank which is already the channel thru which attacks are predominantly channeled. and wat of the attacking input as ell? take a look at evra and alves for eg, evra's poor defending in recent times has been a great weapon for oppnents while alves's attacking play is one of the critical elements that makes barca's team click, while fullback is indeed relatively easy to play it is a very critical role
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
thats not the best of statistics to use, if we could compare the prices of a much broader selection of plaerys then i believe the results would tell a different story. in any case the relative price of a commodity is not the accurate measure of its value, question which is more valuable, water or diamonds?

i DONT KNOW what your on about, if we look at the top 100, it would be the same story, the top African earners? same story, Asian? same story, if we go into history! same story. The first £1m player Striker, £2m player Striker

in any case the relative price of a commodity is not the accurate measure of its value, question which is more valuable, water or diamonds

look if we look at Marketing, Endorsement, Advertisement, sponsorship deals the top earners are strikers strikers (apart from beckham which is a different story)

15 out of the last 20 world player of theyear have been strikers
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Ibime(m): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
Depends on your physique. Simple. Someone of my size finds playing CB or Centre forward easiest. In ma younger days - played left wing and centre-mid but I was skinnier then. The hardest position I've played is left-back, cos you need to be sure when to go forward or stay back. In terms of fitness, Centre-mid and winger are the most demanding. I find playing centre-back very easy and less physically demanding. Players like Ledley King do not train at all, but slot easily into centre-back. He could not do that in centre-mid.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by montelik(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
Kgdavid:

shocked shocked how can you say that?? the full backs are almost the most critical piece of the puzzle, imagine a team without full backs, they would be completely exposed to attacks down the flank which is already the channel thru which attacks are predominantly channeled. and wat of the attacking input as ell? take a look at evra and alves for eg, evra's poor defending in recent times has been a great weapon for oppnents while alves's attacking play is one of the critical elements that makes barca's team click, while fullback is indeed relatively easy to play it is a very critical role

If your gk makes just one mistake, he can change d result instantly. If your center back misses just one header, misplaces a pass or stumbles d opposition are straight through on goal. If your striker can't score, has no ball control, neither do they have strength or skill how do you score, you have to score to win. All team players are important, but in my opinion full back is easiest position and least critical cos d pressure, natural ability, required level of performance and d general importance is not as pronounced as d other positions. Not to say a quality full back doesn't enhance a team tremendously.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by babyboy3(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2011
like I said earlier on the easiest position in football is behind your laptop sitting on the couch
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Kgdavid(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
@baby boy u myt be ryt in saying strikers generate more attention but my point is that that does not really mean they are the most talented or that their position is more difficult, the diamond -water paradox i made reference to is a typical example of this, water is more valuable than diamonds but diamonds are much more expensive,

Ibime:

Depends on your physique. Simple. Someone of my size finds playing CB or Centre forward easiest. In ma younger days - played left wing and centre-mid but I was skinnier then. The hardest position I've played is left-back, cos you need to be sure when to go forward or stay back. In terms of fitness, Centre-mid and winger are the most demanding. I find playing centre-back very easy and less physically demanding. Players like Ledley King do not train at all, but slot easily into centre-back. He could not do that in centre-mid.

im gonna have to agree with this,
and this

baby-boy:

like I said earlier on the easiest position in football is behind your laptop sitting on the couch
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by 1025: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
on the bench
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Jarus(m): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
None is easy, actually but relatively:

EASIEST - FORWARD(supporting striker, top striker, left and right wings in that order of ease). Get good midfielders to give you through and you just muscle it into the net; lose 10 balls and score 1 and they will forget the ones you lose)

MOST DIFFICULT - DEFENCE(you can be embarrassed and your career threatened by a costly mistake; mistake may mean you will concede goal; commit foul and earn penalty, yet you must stop intruding opponents' forward; difficult to stop opponents forwards 'legitimately' without infringing; not to forget that you need to exercise quick judgment in keeping offside)

1 Like

Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Emeka72(m): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
Goal-keeping.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by mariong(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
CM is much more easier cuz he has d lowest presure IMO.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Ibime(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Emeka 7.:

Goal-keeping.

GBAM!!!!

After all the back-and-forth, you just killed the argument dead!!

Goalkeeper is by far the hardest position on the pitch.

I DECLARE THIS MATTER SETTLED!
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2011
@posters, you think football is easy based on positions, how simplistic. each position is as difficult individually. as long as players play as a team it becomes easier to play your position. If the striker is feed with good passes regularly, he does not need to work much because his mid-field is doing it for him. If the defense is working as a team, the mid-field will find it easier to manage the forward/backward field play. and the goal-keeper will relax and concentrate on guarding his area.

The easiest position in soccer is in the aisle. the position of a spectator, they see everything before it happens without lifting a finger or kicking the ball grin
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by odumchi: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
For me Wings (Left wing midfield) is the easiest position to play. You dont have to dribble past too many defenders, all you need to do is feed the ball to the forwards by crossing it.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by suprted(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
Striker is actually very tricky. Constantly moving in a very small space. Remember you need to make sure you're not offside, defenders will aslp be trying to play you off. If you have that concentration, and the co posits to score, you'll be fine.

I'd say full backs. The amount of space you get is much. The level of skill you need is not all that great. And a lot of the time people it seems robe the one position someone can fill in and do a job. Wasn't Yobo a right-back at first?
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2011
Supporting strikers have the easiest role.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 01, 2011
Football is a game that involves every unit been called to work, there is no thing as 'easiest position'.

The only criteria through which the easiest position should be measured is by evaluating the position that gets less of the action in every game, and its presupposed that the goalkeeping zone are the ones that see less of the action not minding the fiery shots atleast they've got a glove!!

So i pick the goalkeepers to occupy the easiest position in a football game!
cool
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Sike(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2011
Goal keeper i think.
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by Pidzo(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
I'd rather be a goalkeeper shocked
Re: Easiest Position To Play In Football? by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
Goalkeeper or referee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soccer Legend Pele Undergoes Kidney Surgery, recovering. / Sergio Ramos Reveals Reason For Celebrating UCL Victory With Nigerian Flag / Today's Sure Bet9ja Booking Code By Skyporediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.