Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans (18095 Views)

Manchester City To Bid Emotional Farewell To Club Legend, Sergio Aguero / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces Ban For Swearing At Atletico Madrid Fans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by PremiumTech: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
THE BUREAU |SPORTS

By Madaki R.

Gareth Bale, career at Real Madrid has come to an end. The Welsh international penned an emotional farewell message on his official Instagram account.

In his farewell speech, Bale thanked all Madrid fans, coaches, the President (Florentino Perez) and his team mates.

Bale joined Real Madrid for an unknown amount in 2013, which was later revealed to be a world record transfer fee of £85.1 million (€100.8 million).

Bale was a member of the BBC trio, which included Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, that helped Real Madrid win the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Champions League in 2013–14, scoring in both finals.

The next season, he helped the club win the FIFA Club World Cup by winning the UEFA Super Cup and scoring in a third major final.

He went on to win La Liga titles in 2016–17, 2019–20, and 2021–22, as well as four more Champions League titles, including the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final, which he scored with an overhead kick.

See his farewell message below:

I write this message to say thank you to all my team mates, past and present, my managers, the back room staff and to the fans that supported me.

I arrived here 9 years ago as a young man who wanted to realise my dream of playing for Real Madrid. To wear the pristine white kit, to wear the crest on my chest, to play at the Santiago Bernabéu, to win titles and to be part of what it's so famous for, to win the Champions League.

I can now look back, reflect and say with honesty that this dream became a reality and much, much more.

To be a part of this club’s history and to achieve what we achieved while I was a Real Madrid player, has been an incredible experience and one I will never forget.

I also want to thank President Florentino Perez, Jose Angel Sanchez, and the board for giving me the opportunity to play for this club. Together we were able to create some moments that will live forever in the history of this club and football.

It has been an honour.

Thank you!

Source: The Bureau

14 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Urheadmaster(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2022
Everything that has a beginning have an expiring date wink

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by paulolee(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
wish you well bro, dt move was never needed....madrid jus wanted to get a big name dt would stand with cr7 after neyma choosed barca
Madrid forced dt deal b paid almost 100m but the bale was constantly injured n didn't perform as they believed..
I cnt believe its the same bale dt won player of the season in EPL, scoring wonderful goal of the week in spurs that's just wasting away as unused sub in madrid..
the funny thing is dt wales keeps calling him and he always deliver and score goals in national team..
he should jus come bk to England n start playing even If its for the fun of it..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Jossyroyal1: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Very good player but one way or the other the club didn't value him.

17 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by destiny322(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Gareth Bale!!!!!
Not quite the player we expected to see when he left Spurs but proved himself regardless when given the opportunities and won it all ( trophies )

Great player! wishing him the best for the next adventures.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Persin04: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by therealbabe(f): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by henry4991(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nice one
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Gkay1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Surely there is an end

2 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by ATEAMS: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Oyyana
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by emmabest2000(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Lucky dude

1 Like

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Rashkeed101: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Wish you well Gareth Bale

2 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by TimmyTen(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Watched him develop from a left back into a winger n den he became known as "THE FLYING WELSHMAN".He Wish him all d best in his endeavors

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
A great player he is....

Meanwhile.............
Words of advice below from the elders @.......

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Sunofgod(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Cash out,,,,
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by yusufmurry: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
A �
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Mumusaphire: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Legend, and wales legend

5 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Faber(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
It's a pity the later years of his club football career was not as glorifying as he expected.

All the same man had some trophies to his name what the two Harrys in England cannot boast of

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by saintkel(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Peter Obi for President

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by dfrost: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
paulolee:
wish you well bro, dt move was never needed....madrid jus wanted to get a big name dt would stand with cr7 after neyma choosed barca

Baba be calming down. Don't be seeing everything in Cules and Madristas cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Omoluabi16(m): 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
paulolee:
you say wetin? His arrival was central to that 2014 UCL triumph. That move was MUCH NEEDED.

18 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by TimmyTen(m): 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
Jossyroyal1:

Injuries messed him up
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by omoredia: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Effective today 01/06/22 If u need anything from me, you have to first show me ur PVC.

#supportomoredia4president

2 Likes

Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Judolisco(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Jossyroyal1:

injuries
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by money121(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by Kinzo0917(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
PremiumTech:
THE BUREAU |SPORTS

By Madaki R.

Gareth Bale, career at Real Madrid has come to an end. The Welsh international penned an emotional farewell message on his official Instagram account.

In his farewell speech, Bale thanked all Madrid fans, coaches, the President (Florentino Perez) and his team mates.

Bale joined Real Madrid for an unknown amount in 2013, which was later revealed to be a world record transfer fee of £85.1 million (€100.8 million).

Bale was a member of the BBC trio, which included Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, that helped Real Madrid win the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Champions League in 2013–14, scoring in both finals.

The next season, he helped the club win the FIFA Club World Cup by winning the UEFA Super Cup and scoring in a third major final.

He went on to win La Liga titles in 2016–17, 2019–20, and 2021–22, as well as four more Champions League titles, including the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final, which he scored with an overhead kick.

See his farewell message below:

Source: The Bureau
. Welcome to Chelsea
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by tonididdy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
Simple! Not like Rudigers's episode
Re: Gareth Bale Pens Emotional Farewell Message To Real Madrid, Fans by ogub(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours. grasias

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

KF Tirana Sack Ndubuisi Egbo As Coach / NIGERIA'S Falconet Finally Paid N30,000 Each After Disappointing World Cup / EPL Clubs SMASH Summer Spending Record With Almost £1.44BILLION (n634bn)in Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.