Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins (39573 Views)

Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Woman Who Didn't Even Know She Was Pregnant Gives Birth In Plane Toilet / Texas Woman Suffers Burns As Hand Sanitiser Explodes As She Lights Candle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Sageez(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2022
In a rare case, a 30-year-old Texas woman became pregnant while being already pregnant, and gave birth to twins within a span of six minutes.

Cara Winhold, became pregnant when she was already pregnant. In February last year, Cara became pregnant. A month later, she was pregnant again.

The condition is known as superfetation in medical terms, — in this condition a new pregnancy occurs during an initial pregnancy within days or weeks after the first one.
“I said to the doctor, ‘What happened? He wasn’t there the first time. What’s going on?’ The doctor said that most likely I ovulated twice, released two eggs and they got fertilized at different times, about a week apart. I 100% believe it was a miracle just because of everything that happened in my pregnancy journey,” said Cara

“I broke down in tears and cried. I was overwhelmed, confused, but very happy. My husband was in shock,” Cara said.

Baby Colson Winhold and his little brother Cayden were conceived a week apart, according to reports.

Around 0.3 percent of pregnant women suffer from this condition
Speaking to the New York Post, she said, “I knew I wanted more kids. I’m very optimistic, and I was like, ‘It’s going to happen,’ and I knew it was part of my journey and life to be a mom, and so I knew I didn’t want to give up but going to therapy made me learn how to heal and understand that it wasn’t my fault. It took a lot of time.”

Cara and her husband, Blake, welcomed their first child Wyatt in 2018. However, later Cara, unfortunately, suffered 3 miscarriages while trying for another child. As per the reports, the last miscarriage was nearly fatal. The situation was such that she was scared to get pregnant again.

Cara got pregnant in February of last year, and the doctor informed the couple a month later that they were expecting twins. Superfetation affects around 0.3% of pregnant women in the world. In most cases, the second baby dies during pregnancy.

Source: https://www.breezyscroll.com/world/texas-woman-becomes-pregnant-while-being-pregnant/

6 Likes

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 02, 2022
how is that possible

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Aboks(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Wonders shall never end

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Sageez(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2022
Ferrytech:
how is that possible
A question for science. I have hear of 24hrs but 6 months... shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Flaagob: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
This is strange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by devilmaycry: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
Speechless

1 Like

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by omorttee4u(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
American and the world needs children, Covids took a lot of souls unprepared.

Congrate!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by inoki247: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ok US wan turn to the New Kenya nd Zimbabwe undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by mevoleb: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Never heard of this in my life

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by dynicks(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Comrades in the house are really happy bout the new development.....

Comradoes displaying joy in the vawulence way!!

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Viraltrends123: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
No big deal. They are using the Media to draw people's attention from what's happening, best way to prevent escalation

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by parkervero(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
I don't understand this na

1 Like

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by thundafire: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Double wahala sadness and joy because it wasn't planned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
After 3 miscarriages, twins. A miracle

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by necivi: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Science is wonderful
Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by affable4(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Very much possible. Exactly how unidentical twins are conceived. But in this case, the ovulation was delayed and babe was collecting on a steady.

Would have observed her monthly period while pregnant if not fir the steady collecting that made sperm readily available to fertilize the late egg.

4 Likes

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by faithfull18(f): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Not impossible.
Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Florasilver: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sageez:

A question for science. I have hear of 24hrs but 6 months... shocked shocked shocked

Six minutes not six months.

Congratulations to her

3 Likes

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Realestatevixen: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ok na
Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Krexpah(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
Una dey wyn our head nii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by lesbiconverter: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
A lot of action was going on before the second conception cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by money121(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
How
Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by Ultimas: 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
It is an odd world. I am not surprised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by ClassicMan202(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
When the doctor told her she was pregnant, she went for celebratory knacks and collected another one grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins by eedimo(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank God for her

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS / Yabatech Student Commits Suicide After Her Boyfriend Broke Up With Her(Video) / Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.