Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? (11246 Views)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by sanmtiago(m): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mycheew
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Nyne: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
planetE:
I studied crop science in the varsity but nah bombing I dey take chop now. Sooner, I will diversify into crop production and livestock rearing from the proceeds of my bombing. No regret so far

Na so Gee
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Yemlizzy(f): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
It all depends on how you present yourself on what you studied. No one would make you feel less of a human, if you didn’t give permission for such.

So therefore, up your self esteem and maintain a positive outlook daily and wherever you find yourself too.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nah, always proud of mine.
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Well I use to look down on educational course(forgive me for this) not until I entered Uni..

found out education students even do more work than people who major in the particular course.

I as an example, am studying chem and those in the dept of chem education take almost the same course with us couple with there educational course.
It's really wrong that pple looks down on educational course..it's harder than major.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Skillsnigeria: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Orobokibo1: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
captainamiedi1:
guy las las all those don't matter. just get a good grade for your first degree. when you are done, you will decide what to do with your life. with a good degree and some good skills you can work anywhere. so relax, read up and learn skills join.

when i was in school i was proud of what i was studying because it's engineering but today, that shit couldn't pay bills and it hurts that i spend 5+ years studying it. na small children they reason course to study

It's the Nigerian factor. You studied a good course

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by mfm04622: 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
No! Why would I?
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by olaarie(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
I study Physics up to the highest level and I am proud of my achievements in academics. Na big money remain now ✌
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Microwhy: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
onyekaokechukwu:
When introductions start and everyone is introducing themselves as lawyers, doctors, engineers.

Then you come out to say you studied fencing and wiring.

Why wouldn't you be ashamed?
Lame..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Sirchiboy: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
DARLINGTON869:
Yes ooo. The very reason I went into business. Business is baeeeeee.

T O DARLING
Can you recommend me the business you are into?
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by ShenTeh(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
When I tell people I studied Performing Arts (loosely Theatre Arts), I see the ridicule in their eyes. It never affected my confidence one bit.

Sadly, most are mentally lazy folks who can't even sustain conversations in their own fields with you in their own registers.

I wrote GMAT for banking jobs in those days and got multiple offers. Went to banking school and came 3rd in a class of 97 people from diverse fields.

In my class, we were 25 (one now late). Everyone is relatively doing well now in various fields. (For instance, Seun Okinbaloye of Channels TV was our class rep).

Be proud. Seek knowledge and apply it. The university is supposed to be a springboard. It's just 4 (or 8 years courtesy ASUU strikes) out of the many years of your life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Sureboyy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
planetE:
I studied crop science in the varsity but nah bombing I dey take chop now. Sooner, I will diversify into crop production and livestock rearing from the proceeds of my bombing. No regret so far
Bless up G grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Ayilara1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
H
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Pootle: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
weytin you sef dey fined for education...teaching during nysc was crazy. one day as i dey teach na so i dey shout so all my class of over 150 pupils could hear me. a combine class of economics to be precise. na so my voice crack o next thing na cough, them talk sorry tire while me hold my chest dey go staff room. i no get my voice back for the next 2weeks undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Myclubmycash: 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
Irrespective of what you studied in School, you can take a bold decision to rewrite your story by learning high income Skills, such as Copywriting, Copytyping, Social Media Management and lots more and start Freelancing aggressively, and in no time, you will see yourself earning in hundreds and thousands of dollars.
It's no rocket science!!!

I can help you get started
08039300349 (WhatsApp)..
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Roguevigilante: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
Just thank your stars you didn't study Medicine. That course can kill person. Walai.....
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by onyekaokechukwu: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
planetE:
No course is completely useless. Those that studied law and medicine will also need the services of those that studied fencing and wiring. Every course is unique on its own but the poor payment system that is attached to some professions and the public view about them have rendered them useless and irrelevant.

Nope.

I can just call an uneducated bricklayer to build my fence.
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Angel55555(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
onyekaokechukwu:
When introductions start and everyone is introducing themselves as lawyers, doctors, engineers.

Then you come out to say you studied fencing and wiring.

Why wouldn't you be ashamed?
Nothing to be ashamed of, in the end all that matters is happiness, ask those studying the courses you mentioned
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by phemmyfour: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
eslason:
I tend to be insecure about what I studied in school whenever I'm being asked.
The moment I open up to people that I went through the education line of study, they start seeing me as less productive. They place a limit on the types of conversations we have.
I don't know why people generally take individuals who study education less seriously or less interesting.
Teaching is a noble profession and I believe that not all graduates of education are half-baked products as most people seem to think.
The society and certain individuals need to correct this terrible mindset.
I remember when I was still in school, some of my friends from other faculties would jokingly ask me how I was able to mingle with elderly looking students of education. They would say something like "how do you manage to attend lectures with all these old old faces? Are you not too brilliant to end up in this profession? Oboi go do change of course!" e.t.c.
I guess after all these small small talks, I gradually and eventually became insecure...
Please i need to hear people's opinion about this.
Educators own schools and employ others, those colleague of yours are ignorant and you are lacking in understanding of the course you are doing

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Dagenius53: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
Have always been'sad'
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by GiZcorp: 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2022
kingobozy:
If after spending 4 years in school studying education and you still allow people talk down on your course of study then it's says alot about you and not what they perceive.

Education is one of the broadest fields in life. You can be anything. Fit into anything.
Do post graduate degrees in almost anything related to your field.

You're to give advice not collapse his hope. Which one is education is one of the broadest course to study. Na lie joor
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Geminita: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
I used to be.

It's not all about what you studied or what you're studying.

It's about self-development

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by dalass(f): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
captainamiedi1:
guy las las all those don't matter. just get a good grade for your first degree. when you are done, you will decide what to do with your life. with a good degree and some good skills you can work anywhere. so relax, read up and learn skills join.

when i was in school i was proud of what i was studying because it's engineering but today, that shit couldn't pay bills and it hurts that i spend 5+ years studying it. na small children they reason course to study

This is maturity....

I'm Nigeria, what you studied in the university doesn't matter. Get a very good grade, go for skills while you're at it. Then you'll be boss and not looking for employment grin

Yeah, qualified teachers are well paid these days smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Lessonteacher(f): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
OmizeD:
Anyway if you want to learn how to make money with popads message me on WhatsApp: 0810-88-2861-3
I hate POPADs
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
What you need is to boost your skills, You have a powerful background, use it wisely, look for your strength and not your weakness, make sure you develop your strengths. Talents brings the individual to the king. smiley smiley smiley.

You write very clearly, you have an asset, and your asset becomes effective, when you are in tuned with it regardless of what others think. And if its your passion, then you become unstoppable.

The reason why Education may not matter in Nigeria, is because the student is not aligned with that field, it does not spark their interest and is not instrically related to their strength or inherent skillsets or abundant interest.

With Your degree in Education, i must ask, have you ever felt, there was an aspect of education or related or not related that sparked your whole focus, or that awakened a great interest in you. IF there ever were, that aspect is like a calling or an inherent alignment.

eslason:
I tend to be insecure about what I studied in school whenever I'm being asked.
The moment I open up to people that I went through the education line of study, they start seeing me as less productive. They place a limit on the types of conversations we have.
I don't know why people generally take individuals who study education less seriously or less interesting.
Teaching is a noble profession and I believe that not all graduates of education are half-baked products as most people seem to think.
The society and certain individuals need to correct this terrible mindset.
I remember when I was still in school, some of my friends from other faculties would jokingly ask me how I was able to mingle with elderly looking students of education. They would say something like "how do you manage to attend lectures with all these old old faces? Are you not too brilliant to end up in this profession? Oboi go do change of course!" e.t.c.
I guess after all these small small talks, I gradually and eventually became insecure...
Please i need to hear people's opinion about this.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by extremophile: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=onyekaokechukwu post=113404013]

Nope.

I can just call an uneducated bricklayer to build my fence. [/quot]

A bricklayer isn't uneducated. You need to properly understand what education really is. Everyone who has a sellable skill is educated in his own right Education is not just about reading books or going to college.
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=extremophile post=113405224][/quote]

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
Maybe not. Maybe there is a difference between educated and how to make money.
[quote author=extremophile post=113405224][/quote]

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Buffalo2(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Relax bro, It's a double-honours thing. Once you are well grounded in your teaching course, you can rub shoulder with graduates or professional in such field.
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by mokkalu1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
Funny question...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Going Back To School At Age 34 / How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / Why Nigerian Companies Use Personality Assessments During Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.