Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,708 members, 7,851,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career (1756 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Calls Out Davido For N57million Child Support For His Alleged Chil / IK Ogbonna In Cozy Bedroom Pic With Annie Idibia / BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe And Madam Juliet His Alleged Sugar Mummy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by Marvelzhaz: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
Brymo, whose real name is Olawale Olofooro, has stated that speaking out about his supposed sexual relationship with 2Baba’s wife, Annie Idibia, ’caused tremendous damage’ for the success of his 9th album.
On the newest episode of his Afro Intelligence podcast, Brymo discussed this with media personality Joey Akan.

During the podcast, the 38-year-old stated he tried to ignore the allegation for two years before bringing it to the public’s attention.

The artist, on the other hand, claims that his decision to open up a few weeks after releasing ‘Esan,’ his ninth studio album, impacted the project’s success.

Brymo noted that seeing his streams for the new album shrink over the allegation left him hurt at the time even though it was imperative to shut down the rumour. He said:

“There’s another case of me being accused of sleeping with someone’s wife (Annie Idibia) and that was huge. That was ridiculous…oh my God, I carried that for maybe two years and just went on to organise chaos because I couldn’t take it anymore.”

Surprisingly, we just dropped ‘9’ and everything was going fine…first week (after release) we had millions of streams on Apple Music and it was good.

Then, I tweeted and my streams went down. Though I tweeted it, I still felt hurt. Addressing it created sudden hurt in my progress but it was necessary to end it there and then. Now the streams are getting better again. I was being politically incorrect to be correct.”

The singer also recollected how he dealt with a similar situation in 2020 when a lady accused him of sexual assault.

Brymo said he had to release ‘Libel’, his extended play (EP) to address the allegation. He added:

“In fact I had to speak up, I had to go to the extent of making an album called ‘Libel’, just to address it, so I could seal it up and put it in the archives.”

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/06/brymo-opened-up-on-how-his-alleged.html?m=1
Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by adefitim(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
So you speak up bcuz the stream is not rosy right?

1 Like

Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by NobleAngell(f): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
You speak as if you were hitting top 10 back to back before the rumour. That your career that is almost in a comatose state.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by Cypress042(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
Brymo kinda song is not for we nigerians, Let him keep revealing all the secret he has grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
NobleAngell:
You speak as if you were hitting top 10 back to back before the rumour. That your career that is almost in a comatose state.
His songs are a niche. And everybody has his or her own niche. People who love brymo are listening to his songs, streaming and going to his concerts.

He doesn't need to be in top 10 list. We already like him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by GOATandYAMtheory: 12:22am On Jun 05, 2022
Olasyke:

His songs are a niche. And everybody has his or her own niche. People who love brymo are listening to his songs, streaming and going to his concerts.

He doesn't need to be in top 10 list. We already like him.
God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by Tundex911: 3:23am On Jun 05, 2022
GOAT

Though ASA comes through
Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by IkeIgboNile(m): 5:48am On Jun 05, 2022
There's no smoke without fire. One day the truth will be revealed.
Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by meobizy(f): 6:24am On Jun 05, 2022
Brymo is two years younger than what OP reported. It is possible he really bleeped Annie. I don't trust these people.
Re: Brymo Opened Up On How His Alleged Affair With Annie Idibia Affected His Career by immortalmortal: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2022
But you haven't confirmed or denied it na

(1) (Reply)

Rick Ross & Diddy Spotted Washing Their Luxury Cars Worth Millions Of Dollars / Mohbad: Seyi Vibez Almost Cry As He Pay Tribute To Mohbad At His Concert In Lond / The Best Afrobeats Session By Dj Big N And Alternate Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.