Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her (3002 Views)

Jilted Housewife Slashes Pregnant Woman’s Face With Razor Blade (pic) / Jilted Woman Battles Ex-lover For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Jilted Man Bathes Ex-lover With Acid In Lagos (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Cuddlemii: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
The mass communications graduate from university of Lagos (UNILAG) by name Motunrayo was found hanging by herself today morning, supposedly because her boyfriend called off their wedding and walked out of her life.

She just got a job with MTN and is undergoing her training in Lagos.

Here are some links to the story and her pics

http://talkofnaija.com/News/newsdetailsone.aspx?NewsId=9D7EC173-B04C-4555-9DCA-8719B4BF4443

http://teminikan..com/2011/07/unilag-graduate-motunrayo-commits.html

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/romance/rip-unilag-graduate-motunrayo-commits-suicide-after-her-boyfriend-jilter-her/msg2276515/?PHPSESSID=s4l4mvsi8tg1jjep56fqdr3it6
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Cuddlemii: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
A friend of hers had this to say:

Quote from: Indigogirl on July 19, 2011, 12:35:23 PM

First of all, I actually know the deceased and she did not end her life because of a man as is being reported. she suffered from acute depression and a break up with her Bf amongst other things added to her depression. she had a lot going for her and was always a bubbly extroverted girl, full of life. she went to jand last year for her masters and started feeling very low and depressed alot but no one thot it to be anything serious. she later deferred and moved back to naija. on her return she cut off from her friends, deleted almost all her bb contacts and would not return anyone's calls, she hardly left her house and just felt detached and abandoned. she craved attention but no one had her time really. most of her best friends are scattered round the globe and the few here had issues of their own. she lived with her sister and soon later started giving her attitude which caused a rift between them. she didnt want people knowing she was back in the country and kept to herself. Nobody thot anything of it.

On saturday she said she was going to a friend's house and instead locked herself in her room and hung herself. her body was only discovered yesterday Monday. Funny how people center on one aspect of your life and focus on it. while the break up obviously added to her depression, it was not the sole cause of her suicide. she had family problems, had an operation to remove a cyst and was just generally disturbed by a lot of things. she was to start a new job with MTN yesterday monday and her father had recently bought her a new car.

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/romance/rip-unilag-graduate-motunrayo-commits-suicide-after-her-boyfriend-jilter-her/msg2278784/?PHPSESSID=cuf7v80l1u02ptrn2ced01vsu6
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
yeah i heard very sad like what i told others on twitter, when you commit suicide,its not u that feels the pain,its the people u left behind and i think its a selfish thing to do.anyway pls Ladies or Guys before committing suicide ask yourself this question is it worth making my friends/family suffer the pain.nothing is worth killing urself over. thank you
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2011
i know which is why i based it on the suicide itself and not on the reason behind it,news on Blackberry is something i don't consume. i feel sad for her family
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Cuddlemii: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^ I am just hearing it now. I bet I'm stale. The babe is not bad so why the suicide?
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Omolola1(f): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2011
Oh, this is so sad
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by BABE3: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
hmmm--there's something meaty about this story---Who killed her? angry
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Roland17(m): 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
We must all learn to take care of our emotions properly, handle our worries and fear(s) with maturity and also communicate troubles with trusted friends to avoid depression, to imagine she committed suicide on my Birthday makes me feel worse,
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
First of all, I actually know the deceased and she did not end her life because of a man as is being reported. she suffered from acute depression and a break up with her Bf amongst other things added to her depression. she had a lot going for her and was always a bubbly extroverted girl, full of life. she went to jand last year for her masters and started feeling very low and depressed alot but no one thot it to be anything serious. she later deferred and moved back to naija. on her return she cut off from her friends, deleted almost all her bb contacts and would not return anyone's calls, she hardly left her house and just felt detached and abandoned. she craved attention [/b]but [b]no one had her time really. most of her best friends are scattered round the globe and the few here had issues of their own. she lived with her sister and soon later started giving her attitude which caused a rift between them. she didnt want people knowing she was back in the country and kept to herself. Nobody thot anything of it.

On saturday she said she was going to a friend's house and instead locked herself in her room and hung herself. her body was only discovered yesterday Monday. Funny how people center on one aspect of your life and focus on it. while the break up obviously added to her depression, it was not the sole cause of her suicide. she had family problems, had an operation to remove a cyst and was just generally disturbed by a lot of things. she was to start a new job with MTN yesterday monday and her father had recently bought her a new car.

if for all these reasons she killed herself i and some other people should,cuz these are things we all face but its things like these that make us stronger,anyway i shud stop using her to illustrate a point its just i can't comprehend people killing themselves not to talk of a pretty girl who just finished her masters. i get depressed but when i do, i come to either nairaland or find a way to talk to someone. its just so sad
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by slimyem: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
all these sad stories sef,first na senator jumping into lagoon.now this one again.May God save us o
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2011
Senator jumping into lagoon when and why?
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by BABE3: 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2011

1 Like

Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
shocked what a world we live in?if a wealthy man decides to jump into the lagoon,i wonder what i should be doing,this sounds beyond the ordinary.
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by BABE3: 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^ You never jam! Some E.T (extraterrestrial) stuffs going on.

pc guru:

if a wealthy man decides to jump into the lagoon,i wonder what i should be doing,

Money is not everything though.
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
Money is not everything 99.8% besides ( u and my mom keep saying that i wonder why).
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Cuddlemii: 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^Dude aren't U taking this thing to another level. Kool down abeg, dont make me laugh at serz matter abeg
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
Death is not an easy thing to comprehend i have many friends,relatives and my dad that i ave lost,but suicide is the one that hurts the most. because when u're friends to someone who committed suicide it shows the kinda friendship u had. to some it cud interprete that u never had time for the friend
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Natasha2(f): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
pc guru:

if for all these reasons she killed herself i and some other people should,cuz these are things we all face but its things like these that make us stronger,anyway i shud stop using her to illustrate a point its just i can't comprehend people killing themselves not to talk of a pretty girl who just finished her masters. i get depressed but when i do, i come to either nairaland or find a way to talk to someone. its just so sad
really? then you are not trully depressed, don't even wish it for your self, depression is a disease, if you are trully facing depression trust me its not nairaland that will help you, don't mistake stress for depression, depression is a very wicked state, I feel for her .
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by BABE3: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2011
pc guru:

Money is not everything 99.8% besides ( u and my mom keep saying that i wonder why).

Money is 0-50%. Copy dat! Bookmark it!
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
@natasha with a failed nation like nigeria its quite easy to make u feel depressed,infact i wonder why the whites kill themselves when we go thru lots of hell just to be average, Nigerians are highly more depressed, obviously i have been depressed but can't be jumping into it because this is not about me.everyone gets depressed its a terrible state but maybe its the nigerian factor "hope" that sets in,there are times i theoretically thought of it,but i can never attempt it and i pray no here does too.
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by r231(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
am speechless
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by dave2(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
Absolute nonsense sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Killing yourself over a worthless guy who has since moved on shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Natasha2(f): 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
pc guru:

@natasha with a failed nation like nigeria its quite easy to make u feel depressed,infact i wonder why the whites kill themselves when we go thru lots of hell just to be average, Nigerians are highly more depressed, obviously i have been depressed but can't be jumping into it because this is not about me.everyone gets depressed its a terrible state but maybe its the nigerian factor "hope" that sets in,there are times i theoretically thought of it,but i can never attempt it and i pray no here does too.
hey brother guru please i don't want to change this topic to Nigeria  grin you are not depressed take it from me okay never you say that, but if  you think you are the depressed, hear is an advice see the doctor asap you need to start treatment asap, if not don't be shocked if you start getting the urge to kill your self, and please since we now know it was depression can you kindly change the topic? its  so not fair, she kills herself out of depression and you post a topic saying its because her bf jilted her? come on now that's not fair, some pople who never read the body of the topic might just say trash, you see what I men Dave just showed you what I mean please change the heading its not fair  
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by HighChief4(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
What a sad story. May God grant her family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss. Her ex-fiance must be full of regrets now. The days are evil
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Natasha2(f): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2011
chief chief ^^ grin grin
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Seun(m): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
Clinical depression is not the same thing as feeling depressed. It's a disease and this is how it kills.
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Natasha2(f): 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
^thank you cheesy
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by HighChief4(m): 12:34am On Jul 20, 2011
Natasha,,:

chief chief ^^ grin grin

^^^Natasha, been a while. Please lets not derail ok
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Natasha2(f): 12:36am On Jul 20, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^Natasha, been a while. Please lets not derail ok
i didn't mean to , was just hailing embarassed
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2011
BABE!:

Money is 0-50%. Copy dat! Bookmark it!
grin
Seun:

Clinical depression is not the same thing as feeling depressed. It's a disease and this is how it kills.
prof doc, please educate us
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by Cuddlemii: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2011
http://naijan.com/motunrayo-ogbara-jilted-banker-who-commits-suicide/

The above link has a detailed story about what happened to her
Re: Motun: Unilag Grad Committed Suicide-17th Of July After Her Boyfriend Jilted Her by aloyemeka1: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

BADOO: Serial Rapist And Murderer Sends Letter To Owode Ibeshe Community Again! / Full Video: Baby was Eaten By Rats Video – Rats Eaten Babies Uncensored Video / Rev King, Others For Execution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.