Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Marrying From An Orphanage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying From An Orphanage (1891 Views)

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics) / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying From An Orphanage by kartelkid: 3:04am On Jun 08, 2022
Please I would like someone with knowledge of this; to advice me.

Someone suggested it to me, and it seems a good idea, as I want to marry without my family's support. I'm based in lagos. I have family issues; which basically will delay me further.

Please I'm not here for judgement, I just need to know how I can do it.
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by joyfull120(f): 3:09am On Jun 08, 2022
How do some of you reason?
Someone suggested that you marry from an orphanage to what end?? Come on! Grow up!!!

Are you marrying for yourself or someone else? Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Amarisco(f): 3:13am On Jun 08, 2022
joyfull120:
Someone suggested that you marry from an orphanage to what end?? Come on! Grow up!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Honestly I tiya for this place. No lie
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Jun 08, 2022
kartelkid:
Someone suggested it to me, and it seems a good idea, as I want to marry without my family's support. I'm based in lagos.
You want to marry without your parent's support but where does orphanage come in to that? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Jumbojnr(m): 3:17am On Jun 08, 2022
joyfull120:

Lol, don't be judgemental or prejudiced against those in an orphanage, they are human like you and I, they need to love and be loved too smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by haiti007(m): 3:30am On Jun 08, 2022
No matter what you’ve faced op, you still need your family around you, those are the first and irreplaceable gift that nature has given you
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Stallionhorse: 4:12am On Jun 08, 2022
This one smoke ni? Whatbdoes marrying from orphanage have to do with marrying without your family concern? Please someone should flog the op with oriamo cord for neck.
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Oblongata: 4:48am On Jun 08, 2022
joyfull120:

Maybe he has urge to marry, and no money for dowry and co, so he’s seeking the easy route…

I thought he wanted to ask how he could marry his girlfriend who happens to be in an orphanage.

Op is a kid with kiddish thoughts, that’s all…
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by spinna: 4:52am On Jun 08, 2022
Abi u wan use the innocent orphan for smthng ni.. weird question

2 Likes

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:56am On Jun 08, 2022
3 posts.
3 ideas.
3 Advice.
3 propositions.
Take one.

You should get in touch with nearest orphanage to collect the details.

If the girl is of legal age and you are of legal age then you can marry her like you would marry a normal girl.

The only difference would be that there would be no one from her side to carry out the marriage rites and in such a case anyone from your side can act as her guardian and carry out the rituals.

Also ensure that she has some valid ID proofs for you to get your marriage registered. Marriage registration is very important because she being an orphan would require your name on her ID's for getting acknowledged as your lawfull wife and no longer be called an orphan.

Marriage demands bonding of two souls and if you are made for each other then it wouldn't matter if either of you have a family or not. But post marriage ensure that you keep her happy and give her the family she had always hoped for along with your support.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Although, According to the Holy Quoran, one shouldn't marry orphan girls but only sponsor them.

It is your responsibility to understand their living situation.
They may not be easily fit in family.
They may not know the importance of parents. They were always alone and grown up with other orphans.

But situation may not be different even if you marry a girl from traditional family background . There are many failed cases in that also.

Getting a suitable partner is absolute luck.
You cannot figure out a person's character immediately.
Don't show hasty towards marriage even if it's arranged regular one.
Take your time and spend some time with your girl and discuss (you both ) your stand, likes dislikes , passions , future etc. Slowly you both can understand each other.

We appreciate your decision to marry an orphan.
But make sure you'll be with her always after marriage as she has no one in this world

3 Likes 4 Shares

3. You should marry people based on liking, compatibility, practicality, not based on whether they are orphan. Why would you want to do that?

If you want to help orphans, a better way is to take the responsibility of the well-being and education of some children.

So we made the 3 comments on your posts, based on we are more than one at MANNA.
You are free to go with whichever you like

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by cenaman(m): 5:14am On Jun 08, 2022
Best of luck
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Atk1nson(m): 5:46am On Jun 08, 2022
kartelkid:

Someone suggested it to me, and it seems a good idea, as I want to marry without my family's support. I'm based in lagos. I have family issues; which basically will delay me further.

I dont think you will find girls of marriageable age in an orphanage in Nigeria. Once they mature small....they will leave and go an hussle their life....my thoughts though
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by 1Alex: 5:58am On Jun 08, 2022
In my understanding, op said he is not in good terms with his family and he wants to get married. But since his family can't accompany him, a friend suggested he marries from the orphanage (because the orphanage might not care if you came with your family or not)

Now he is asking if it's a good idea to marry from the orphanage.

Op, if my summary above is what you meant then I will advise you to shelve your marriage plans and make peace with your family. Not because you are getting married but because no one knows tomorrow.

Marriage is possible anywhere provided you made proper inquiries.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by frozen70(f): 6:35am On Jun 08, 2022
kartelkid:

Which people will you now present as families

Why not find a way to sort out the family issues and still marry from the orphanage
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Richy4(m): 7:13am On Jun 08, 2022
Honestly I don't understand this post... Why is the write up so unclear...the headline is different from the content so which is it?

Is it that the OP has a family of his or her own but wants to exclude them while getting married hence looking for an orphanage to bribe them that he or she grew up from there...

or did he or she wants to marry an orphan...hence looking for an orphanage for reference. embarassed.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 10, 2022
If you want to marry an orphan from the orphanage, I think it’s best you visit the home first and ask whoever you meet there this question.

Have you found any orphan to marry yet?

Goodluck bro, I wish you well
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Omoluabi16(m): 6:39am On Jun 10, 2022
Are there adults of a marriageable age still in orphanages??
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Elsueno: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2022
post=113586173:
Although, According to the Holy Quoran, one shouldn't marry orphan girls but only sponsor them.

Oga stick to ur meat grilling & leaking ur darling daddy's a##,..No religion on this earth is against Marriage to orphans as long as they are of suitable age & willing..I saw plenty Muslim people marry ophan.
Besides, are orphans not humans? What's wrong with u grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Justiceleague1: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2022
post=113586172]3 posts.
3 ideas.
3 Advice.
3 propositions.
Take one.

You should get in touch with nearest orphanage to collect the details.

If the girl is of legal age and you are of legal age then you can marry her like you would marry a normal girl.

The only difference would be that there would be no one from her side to carry out the marriage rites and in such a case anyone from your side can act as her guardian and carry out the rituals.

Also ensure that she has some valid ID proofs for you to get your marriage registered. Marriage registration is very important because she being an orphan would require your name on her ID's for getting acknowledged as your lawfull wife and no longer be called an orphan.

Marriage demands bonding of two souls and if you are made for each other then it wouldn't matter if either of you have a family or not. But post marriage ensure that you keep her happy and give her the family she had always hoped for along with your support.

[/quote]
:

It is your responsibility to understand their living situation.
They may not be easily fit in family.
They may not know the importance of parents. They were always alone and grown up with other orphans.

But situation may not be different even if you marry a girl from traditional family background . There are many failed cases in that also.

Getting a suitable partner is absolute luck.
You cannot figure out a person's character immediately.
Don't show hasty towards marriage even if it's arranged regular one.
Take your time and spend some time with your girl and discuss (you both ) your stand, likes dislikes , passions , future etc. Slowly you both can understand each other.

We appreciate your decision to marry an orphan.
But make sure you'll be with her always after marriage as she has no one in this world
[quote author= post=113586175:

3. You should marry people based on liking, compatibility, practicality, not based on whether they are orphan. Why would you want to do that?

If you want to help orphans, a better way is to take the responsibility of the well-being and education of some children.

So we made the 3 comments on your posts, based on we are more than one at MANNA.
You are free to go with whichever you like

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by Littlemom2021: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2022
kartelkid:

hmmm seriously this day people really take orphan for granted just because their don't have someone to Stand up for,look I will advise you to not do that thank God for those that have fathersooo
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by dahmie2013: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
OP, please provide clarity, so we can know how to advise. Thank you.
Re: Marrying From An Orphanage by frozen70(f): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
kartelkid:

What kind of family issues that can't be resolved

OK naw when you marry and have kids, who will dey regard as family members incase of tomorrow

That you want to marry from a motherless home doesn't mean they won't ask you about your family

If you can't identify with your father's family then switch to your mother's family

(1) (Reply)

Evil Spirits In Marriage; What Should I Do / Is It A Crime Not To Go Out With Married Women? (photo) / My Brother Put Me Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.