Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code (1525 Views)

Finally Got A Tech Job / Tech Job Opportunities For Programmers, UI/UX Designers And Project Managers. / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by TundeON: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2022
Woke up today feeling overwhelmed. Been in Canada for a year now and I can’t believe the way my life has upgraded. Let me tell you my story.

So after working in the banking sector for a number of years, I decided to relocate, but I wasn’t getting good opportunities in banking. I had a friend who was a devops guy and he was making some cool cash as a tech guy and thought I’d try to get into tech too. I tried to learn coding, but quickly figured out it wasn’t my thing (all that money down the drain).

Anyway, I started searching online for how to get into tech without coding and that’s how I came across this tech school in Naija. They were super helpful. They helped me explore my options and finally advised me to take a course in Salesforce. Honestly, I was skeptical because I’d never heard about Salesforce. They sha sent me all these resources to inform my decision and that was how I learnt that Salesforce is this tech CRM software giant and all these big companies use Salesforce to manage their customer relationships. The shocker was when they connected me to some guy in Australia who had also done the course with them just so he could share his experience with me (just as I’m sharing mine with you, I guess) and this guy told me he was making around $85K!!

Omo. That day that day, I paid for the course (I think it was around N300k that time) and started taking it virtually and I have never looked back since then. What I liked about that tech school is that they would train you like kilode - not the one of just giving you links and pdfs to read o. Actual training. As if that’s not enough, they paired me with a mentor who guided me throughout the process. The guy in charge of the programme (Sam), that guy is an angel in human form. At that time I was working many hours in one restaurant like that but this guy would unfailingly follow up with me to make sure I’d completed my projects and all that. The hands-on support ehn. I couldn’t believe it was a Nigerian company, tbh. These guys made sure I prepped well for my certification exams and when I took it, I passed. They now helped me get a placement in one Australian company so I was working remotely and after my placement, those guys retained me. It was like film trick. The way I quit my job ehn. I can’t believe the way my life has changed since then.

Anyway, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If I can get into tech, you can get into tech too. If you want to learn how to code, that’s fine. If you don’t, there’s also a place for you. Sha make sure you learn from people who know what they are doing and who are committed to ensuring your success. Not vibes and insha Allah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by X0X0(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hi Mr Tunde,
I've been hearing more about the Salesforce thing then little knowledge how to learn, if you would be so kinda as to drop your email or number, any of which and if that's not your things you could text me on my WhatsApp number right below this post... I'm highly interested..

1 Like

Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by Pyhonist: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2022
Nice one Bro…please drop a link I’m also interested.
Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by denip: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
I am also intrested
Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by AgentGoat: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Naija tech school agent

5 Likes

Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by airsaylongcome: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
AgentGoat:
Naija tech school agent

Lol! I think you are spot on that this is a shill account for a Nigerian "Boot Camp". Recently registered account with only one post.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by Raustin(m): 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
Interesting
TundeON:
Woke up today feeling overwhelmed. Been in Canada for a year now and I can’t believe the way my life has upgraded. Let me tell you my story.

So after working in the banking sector for a number of years, I decided to relocate, but I wasn’t getting good opportunities in banking. I had a friend who was a devops guy and he was making some cool cash as a tech guy and thought I’d try to get into tech too. I tried to learn coding, but quickly figured out it wasn’t my thing (all that money down the drain).

Anyway, I started searching online for how to get into tech without coding and that’s how I came across this tech school in Naija. They were super helpful. They helped me explore my options and finally advised me to take a course in Salesforce. Honestly, I was skeptical because I’d never heard about Salesforce. They sha sent me all these resources to inform my decision and that was how I learnt that Salesforce is this tech CRM software giant and all these big companies use Salesforce to manage their customer relationships. The shocker was when they connected me to some guy in Australia who had also done the course with them just so he could share his experience with me (just as I’m sharing mine with you, I guess) and this guy told me he was making around $85K!!

Omo. That day that day, I paid for the course (I think it was around N300k that time) and started taking it virtually and I have never looked back since then. What I liked about that tech school is that they would train you like kilode - not the one of just giving you links and pdfs to read o. Actual training. As if that’s not enough, they paired me with a mentor who guided me throughout the process. The guy in charge of the programme (Sam), that guy is an angel in human form. At that time I was working many hours in one restaurant like that but this guy would unfailingly follow up with me to make sure I’d completed my projects and all that. The hands-on support ehn. I couldn’t believe it was a Nigerian company, tbh. These guys made sure I prepped well for my certification exams and when I took it, I passed. They now helped me get a placement in one Australian company so I was working remotely and after my placement, those guys retained me. It was like film trick. The way I quit my job ehn. I can’t believe the way my life has changed since then.

Anyway, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If I can get into tech, you can get into tech too. If you want to learn how to code, that’s fine. If you don’t, there’s also a place for you. Sha make sure you learn from people who know what they are doing and who are committed to ensuring your success. Not vibes and insha Allah.
Re: I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2022
Man didn’t read all that.
But congrats though, or sorry it happened.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Waste Of Time To Learn Javascript If You Already Know Python? / Qbasic Fortran Cobol And Pascal As 100 N 200l Courses! / Scrabbling Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.