Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? (17854 Views)

See The Food Given to my daughter today in school by Government. / Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / What Was Your Nickname In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by chariisGRACE(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
I was given 3 minutes grin

The reason was because:

Back then in GCDC, PH, we were taking a test of which I was the first to finish the test.

On submitting the answer sheet, I went back to my sit, brought out my notebook from my school bag to check if the answers I gave were correct.

After checking them, on returning the notebook, the teacher saw me, and he asked me to come out and kneel down (he taught that I was returning my 'intel chip') grin after which 6 strokes landed on my back with instructions that I must rewrite the test.

Lemme quote him.

"Go back to your sit, tear out a sheet of paper. I give you 3 MINUTES to submit..."

From that day...

How about you, how did it start? grin

45 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Cypress042(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2022
cheesy Small but mighty, reason is because i don't play football with my mates, whenever we have school match our senior always pick me to play for them damn some do call me in short "Small" grin grin

16 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by tico1212(m): 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
My nickname was from my JS1, I have this cousin of mine with small stature and his mates call him Tico from the then Tico Daewoo car. When I join the school they started calling me Tico junior. All through my secondary I bare the name even in university. When I got to SS3 that my cousin younger brother joined us and I gave him Tico junior which originated from his elder brother. Till date the Tico still runs even my old man calls me Tico at times.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
grin Baba Suya !!! Because I too dey eat SUYA grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Ezedon(m): 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
JAGABAN.
I convert people's property to my own personal property..

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Omantian, because of Yahooze.

"Omontiaman tomon tia"

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by protocol(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Z
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by vosquare: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
In my primary school, I was popularly known as Figo and not because I play like him really but I had this fine Portugal jersey then with his name on it plus the number 7. I had good cross from the flank then.

Secondary, was known as vikimi. That name was given to me by my parents. How it got to the knowledge of my friends in school then, I don't know and that's still the name many people knows me with till now

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Omofloflo: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Dongoyaro because of my height

37 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Tallesty1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Kondomatic

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by RapistOnBail: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022

Rapist on bail

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Leun: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Americana

This started from a CRS class. They gave me a bible verse to read, I just didn't know when I started speaking posh. The name Americana started.

41 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by tillaman(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
I was called Scotch-egg cause I always refer to the scrotum as scotch eggs

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Burgerlomo: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
cool

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by ifecorepublic: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Eke, meaning Python because of my height... grin

13 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by nwaUrasi(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
So I got nicknamed "Ojukwu" in My early days en Elementary cheesy

How I come about that; so my dad was a war veteran, a British trained soldier who fought alongside Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu( The Nnewi born eastern warlord) so he's always narrating his ordeals during the civil war, stories I normally tell my cartel back then in school cheesy
So after too numerous Ojukwu inspired stories, they decided to Nickname me Ojukwu(folks still call me that till date though)

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by visijo(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Yaradua for secondary school.
Buhari for university cheesy ; sad

Nothing surprises me like people who are single, putting their phones on DND like who wants to call you? angry grin

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Urheadmaster(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Young shall grow grin

I was the youngest among all of us in the classroom cheesy

One day our teacher gave us one hot mathematics to solve, i was the first to finish.

And the teacher asked me to collect the rest of my classmates books and bring it to his office which didn't go well with the rest of my classmates been the youngest one in the classroom, they started by calling me "young shall grow cheesy.

Some even threatening me to touch their book.

13 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by YoungLionken(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aboki (aboki pikin), Sani Abacha because of my intonation cool..

I just moved down south (Benin city) with my dad then and Benin people are so foul mouthed when it comes to teasing but, one of the nicest people in the world cool cool..

Well, I worked on that, now when I speak or write..cool cool cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by buygala(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
I was called "anus" in law School cry

During one criminal litigation class, I was called out to give a presentation on burden of proof in criminal cases..

While making my presentation, instead of saying "the onus is on the prosecution", I said "the anus is on the prosecution" sad
Class turned up side down with laughter.. I recovered but the damage was done..

Till my Bar finals, I was nicknamed "anus"

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by madridguy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
grin
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Mitsurugi(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
I. K. Umu Nwanyi (I. K. the lady's guy) I never knew I had this name till I finished 5 years at the university and one year at the law school. I knew at my call to bar.

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Affable0709(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
"Ntomfrinye disappointed a girl."

I dunno why they once called me that.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Bethh: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
h
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by parkervero(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
The pastor
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by baralatie(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Make I pack here dey read some pipu lie
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by crackhouse(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mazi. Because I was one of the eldest. Na back seat be my location

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by sharpshap(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Deaf dog ( I was very stubborn, and always vent my anger without hesitation)

14 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Honourable1901(m): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mine was zobo man grin grin

I love politics from secondary school ,so when I get to school and mention money spent on project in billions they all believe I'm telling a lie angry grin

Now they all call me Honourable because I am now public officer grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Things To Note As Jamb Commence Sales Of Form 2017 / Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. / 12 Important Ways To make The Best Out Of Your Undergraduate Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.