Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) (4509 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
After over 10 years in Canada, a Nigerian man, Alpha Ndamati is resigned to giving up the immigration process and is now actively trying to get deported. Problem is -he cannot.

After years of red tape trying to become a permanent resident, the Nigerian man has been asking to leave the country and go home.
"I'm left dumbfounded," he said. "I don't wish this situation for my worst enemy."

His bags are packed, and he's telling his story in hopes that no one else has to repeat his experience. Ndamati says he can't afford a ticket home himself, so he's trying to get a removal order issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency, forcing him to go.

Years of trying to stay
When he graduated from Dalhousie University in 2014, he was hopeful that he could find his way into permanent residency within the three years before his post-graduate work permit expired.

He says we wanted to move to the Northwest Territories of Canada (N.W.T.) for a long time. When he saw online what appeared to be a seemingly straightforward immigration process with the territory's nominee program, he was sold.

In June 2016, he got a job working at Corothers Home Hardware, and after six months of employment they agreed to help him apply for the territory's employer-driven nominee program.

But the employer failed to meet all the requirements and the application was denied, forcing Ndamati through more hoops. Despite help from a local law firm, and losing $2,000 to a dubious consultant he met through church, his last work visa expired in September 2019.

He has reached out to MLAs for advice, as well as the federal government, and has been in touch with the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa. He says he has twice reached out to his Member of Parliament (MP's) office to no avail.

He gave up on the visa application process, feeling it was hopeless, and stopped working altogether out of fears that he would be committing a crime and get deported. But now all of his savings have dried up, and not wanting to go through the process again, he is asking Canada to send him back.

"This has been over 10 years. I'm not supposed to be in this position if I've done everything outlined that I should do."
No direction on how to stay, or how to leave.

A while ago he says he called the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), asking them how he could start the process of being deported. He says the agency told him that leaving the N.W.T. was under the RCMP's jurisdiction. So, a couple of weeks later, he says he went to Yellowknife's RCMP detachment to get sent out of the country, only to be told that it was the responsibility of the CBSA.

Separately, a spokesperson for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said that the border services agency is responsible for immigration enforcement.

The rigmarole and failure to take responsibility for his deportation has been so frustrating for Ndamati.

He is really looking forward to putting years of confusion behind him and just hopes it doesn't happen to anyone else.
"I don't understand. If you advertise for me to come in, and I come in, and you push me out like this."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/124943966883814/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Golan007: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
If you wan come house, buy ticket.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Joezinho: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Better stay where you are,we re dealing with a lot here and stfu dude!! Go and disturb Abike Dabiri or better still, clean toilets, save to get your flight ticket. No dey disturb us. Many Nigerians are dealing with mental issues..

Most especially, rebuke your village people.

Abroad nor easy. Na naija easy? Mtcheww

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Newphiligeek123: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Which kain wahala be dis? The guy say him no do again. Na by force ni? Canada immigration please let the guy go na! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by ahnie: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
The forces disturbing this guy are in legions.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by ahnie: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
At least he's even certained of a better life and future in Canada...look at him even fishing self and looking good.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
ahnie:
The forces disturbing this guy are in legions.
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
What did he study? How can you attend such a high-ranking institution and you couldn't get a job that could sponsor you on a work visa. That's crazy whereas a graduate of FUTMINNA was just sponsored to Canada to go and work. Fucking crazy.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Legendoo: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
What did he study? How can you attend such a high-ranking institution and you couldn't get a job that could sponsor you on a work visa. That's crazy whereas a graduate of FUTMINNA was just sponsored to Canada to go and work. Fucking crazy.

Think he's caught up with red tapes. 10 year's in the making. There's a lot like him.

Wasted youth and uncertain future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
Legendoo:

Think he's caught up with red tapes. 10 year's in the making. There's a lot like him.

As in. The juju from his village is very potent. This is fucking crazy no matter how you think about it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Legendoo: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

As in. The juju from his village is very potent. This is fucking crazy no matter how you think about it.

It's not juju. It's so easy to become a victim. I have seen entire families stuck in the same situation.

Once your details are on the system , very difficult to manoeuvre your way out of it unless you get lucky. Like the government decides to give amnesty or there's a loop hole in the legal system.

Might be a good idea for him to go back. I see folks with papers wasting away, let alone those who don't.

Anyways Nigerian's don't like honesty because they're only interested in the positive side of things.

The competition with jobs now is even more intense. You have eastern Europeans, Arab, Indian etc plus the local population to contend with.

Abroad isn't that rosy paradise Nigerians like to portray . It doesn't mean everyone is doing badly but it's not easy. That's the point .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Couldn’t find a babe to marry in ten years Cant do hustle job to buy ticket Omo the villagers following this guy wicked o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Legendoo:

It's not juju. It's so easy to become a victim. I have seen entire families stuck in the same situation.

Once your details are on the system , very difficult to manoeuvre your way out of it unless you get lucky. Like of the government decides to give amnesty or there's a loop hole in the legal system.

Might be a good idea for him to go back. I see folks with papers wasting away, let alone those who don't.

Anyways Nigerian's don't like honesty because they're only interested in the positive side of things.

The competition with jobs now is even more intense. You have eastern Europeans, Arab, Indian etc plus the local population to contend with.

Abroad isn't that rosy paradise Nigerians like to portray . It doesn't mean everyone is doing badly but it's not easy. That's the point .

Any field aside tech, healthcare and maybe finance is useless abroad. The same Canada I know two people who got jobs from here and were sponsored from here even with the lmia rule. Not even express entry. Their work visas were processed from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Newphiligeek123: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
Legendoo:

Once your details are on the system , very difficult to manoeuvre your way out of it unless you get lucky. Like the government decides to give amnesty or there's a loop hole in the legal system.

True talk.
I knew Nigerians must say it is juju and village people!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Legendoo: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Any field aside tech, healthcare and maybe finance is useless abroad. The same Canada I know two people who got jobs from here and were sponsored from here even with the lmia rule. Not even express entry. Their work visas were processed from Nigeria.

True.

Bus analyst, project management, testing software development, health care.

You need experience to be able to break in. After your first job , things would be easier going forward.

70 percent of Nigerian's abroad do dirty jobs despite all the noise they make online. Screaming good roads up and down. grin

One day I will start taking their pictures and uploading it grin., Because them too dey lie.

Most come in with ambition and use those jobs for survival until they get stuck in it permanently.

All in, skills and experience are the keys to making it here . If not get a government job. If all fails , hustle the normal general operative , taxi, security jobs grin

The tax will level the playing field and everyone go dey ok.

But they should stop giving people the impression that it's laziness that makes people to suffer here. I think it's the system.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
ahnie:
At least he's even certained of a better life and future in Canada...look at him even fishing self and looking good.

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Karlovych: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
embarassed Can't he save some money, get flight ticket and return to Nigeria? He's not serious. He was even educated over there yet can't get low skilled jobs to save up some money to return to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Newphiligeek123: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
But he has already said has exhausted all the money he has.
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Newphiligeek123: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Highlandgee:
After over 10 years in Canada, a Nigerian man, Alpha Ndamati is resigned to giving up the immigration process and is now actively trying to get deported. Problem is -he cannot.

After years of red tape trying to become a permanent resident, the Nigerian man has been asking to leave the country and go home.
"I'm left dumbfounded," he said. "I don't wish this situation for my worst enemy."

His bags are packed, and he's telling his story in hopes that no one else has to repeat his experience. Ndamati says he can't afford a ticket home himself, so he's trying to get a removal order issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency, forcing him to go.

Years of trying to stay
When he graduated from Dalhousie University in 2014, he was hopeful that he could find his way into permanent residency within the three years before his post-graduate work permit expired.

He says we wanted to move to the Northwest Territories of Canada (N.W.T.) for a long time. When he saw online what appeared to be a seemingly straightforward immigration process with the territory's nominee program, he was sold.

In June 2016, he got a job working at Corothers Home Hardware, and after six months of employment they agreed to help him apply for the territory's employer-driven nominee program.

But the employer failed to meet all the requirements and the application was denied, forcing Ndamati through more hoops. Despite help from a local law firm, and losing $2,000 to a dubious consultant he met through church, his last work visa expired in September 2019.

He has reached out to MLAs for advice, as well as the federal government, and has been in touch with the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa. He says he has twice reached out to his Member of Parliament (MP's) office to no avail.

He gave up on the visa application process, feeling it was hopeless, and stopped working altogether out of fears that he would be committing a crime and get deported. But now all of his savings have dried up, and not wanting to go through the process again, he is asking Canada to send him back.

"This has been over 10 years. I'm not supposed to be in this position if I've done everything outlined that I should do."
No direction on how to stay, or how to leave.

A while ago he says he called the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), asking them how he could start the process of being deported. He says the agency told him that leaving the N.W.T. was under the RCMP's jurisdiction. So, a couple of weeks later, he says he went to Yellowknife's RCMP detachment to get sent out of the country, only to be told that it was the responsibility of the CBSA.

Separately, a spokesperson for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said that the border services agency is responsible for immigration enforcement.

The rigmarole and failure to take responsibility for his deportation has been so frustrating for Ndamati.

He is really looking forward to putting years of confusion behind him and just hopes it doesn't happen to anyone else.
"I don't understand. If you advertise for me to come in, and I come in, and you push me out like this."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/124943966883814/
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
ahnie:

Won ti get e

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by potbelly(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
Be like say this guy village people don dey reason him matter...
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Cousin9999: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
lol Where's a reputable source for this story?
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
Legendoo:

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Why are his feet so long? Is that why they want him at the snow capped mountaintops?
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Emmanuel909090: 1:01am On Jun 10, 2022
This is what happens when your village people buy new drum.
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by IkeIgboNile(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2022
Go get a wife and stay or commit crime and come back but anyone you decide to to don't disturb us here.
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2022
Keep abreast of the latest news and happenings in/around the Nigerian community abroad
Read the Afrotimes Newspaper

https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/

Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2022
ahnie:

Swears, e for don resemble madman assuming say na naija all this wahala been dey happen
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Etinosa1234: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2022
Legendoo:

what's red tapes abt
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Etinosa1234: 11:53am On Jun 10, 2022
But this guy condition ehhh..

I sha know that there are a lot of people here that no condition no matter how tough will make dem want to return to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Asks To Be Deported, Canadian Immigration Agencies Decline (photos) by Highlandgee: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
tumababa:

Won ti get e

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Leave This Country / Who has noticed this about travel section?? / Travel From Abuja To Illoko-ilesa Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.