Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! (5178 Views)

Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
<quote>

Negro_ntns:
"Nri is the connecting dot that ties all together for the Igbo iDentity, right?"

ChinenyeN:

---- No. It is not. Linguistics is.</quote>

ChinenyeN is a respected and authoritative contributor of Igbo history and culture in NL. The Igbo ethnic group is a loose and fluidly connected clans and towns. Some of the Igbo cities claim Nri ancestry while others claim Aro. Their commonality is not ancestral and therefore something else in the culture provides a common bond.

The conversation I quote above is in reference and it is quite clear here that Igbo language is the dot that connects and the defining criteria for who is and who is not Igbo.

There are indeed settlements on the outlying areas of Igboland which by proximity the Igbos have attempted to claim as a member of their ethnic group and thus expand its territorial frontier Westward. These outlying groups have resisted the kidnap push and the land grab plot by the Igbos.

Case in point, there are few settlements in North Aniocha local Govt whose language is Lukumi and they originated from Akure/Owo area of Yorubaland. Accurate findings from investigation and research on ground have indeed proven them to be a Yoruba people speaking Yoruba language and the rightful settlers of the North Aniocha land.

Here is a caption from one of the reports

"Investigations conducted revealed that Ugbodu is not the only community where Oluku mi is spoken in Aniocha North Local Government as the language is also spoken in Ukwu-Nzu (Eko Efun), Ubulubu and Ogodo"

The people, their children and the rulers of Ugbodu and all these other settlements have indicated and identified themselves Yoruba. There should be no contention since this declaration is self-expressed by the people themselves.

Therefore, in the agitation for the creation of Anioma state, of which Aniocha is a principal, Yoruba has a vested interest to be involved and participate in the drafts and procedures leading to the reality of an Anioma State for our children and the children of Igbo who will co-locate with them.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by vicenzo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
Nee kwa nu anya! Unu ana afu kwa? Ife nkaa o bu di agwu ka o bu ara.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by Ngodigha: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2011
vicenzo:

both.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by odumchi: 12:00am On Jul 21, 2011
Nna hapuya, o bu onye ara. Ochesi na ndi Igbo yana ndi Yoruba bu olu.

vicenzo:

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by odumchi: 12:14am On Jul 21, 2011
@ Negro

Your post is filled with so many holes and wrong information that I will not attempt to correct you since the whole thing itself makes no sense.
Igbos, I believe, are something beyond your conception. The way we originated is not the same whay that Yorubas originated (The alleged birth of the Yorubas at Ife).

For example: A pair of birds fly to a remote Island. They reproduce and their young fly to other islands and etc. Despite this, they all have origin from the original two birds that came to that Island.
However despte this migration, there were already people who lived in this area and soon they too were absorbed into the Igbo populace and became Igbos. The main governing factor in the Igbo ethnic group is: language, tradition (which tends to differ in different areas but stresses the importance of: yam, a central deity, the ekpo, palm wine and farming). As for the Aros, the people known as the Aros are a single clan that are divided into two groups Arondizuogu, and Arochukwu. Arondizuogu was founded by a man from Arochukwu, but they are not a separate clan, they are both Aros.

I wont bother saying anything about Asaba or the Anioma since it is obvious that what you are trying to say does not and never did exist. I will leave my comrades who are well-versed in Igbo history to attempt and correct you if they even bother.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 2:32am On Jul 21, 2011
<Quote>
The Igbo came from the Nri kingdom and began settling in the area in which they now reside from around 1000 ad.
</quote>

Where was Nri kingdom prior its migration and settlement?
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by odumchi: 2:36am On Jul 21, 2011
The Nri Kingdom had its origins in Nigeria. It is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria and predates the Yoruba and Bini kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by ChinenyeN(m): 2:46am On Jul 21, 2011
odumchi:

[/b] The Igbo came from the Nri kingdom and began settling in the area in which they now reside from around 1000 ad.
Northern and western Igbo cultural areas, yeah, but not everyone.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 2:54am On Jul 21, 2011
Odumchi, I'm not sure you got that story of Nri aboriginality correct.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 3:03am On Jul 21, 2011
I know you are going by what you've been told but I can already tell there is something wrong the story.

You say Nri kingdom is an aboriginal people dating back to 1000AD right? When did the dynasty reign end or is it still intact?
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by ChinenyeN(m): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2011
Nri share affinity with Igala, Negro-nts.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by odumchi: 3:16am On Jul 21, 2011
@ Negro

No I did not say that. Nri Kingdom was thriving in the 700s AD. The Igalas and Igbos are the descendants of the Nri Kingdom. The Nri Capital city is Igbo-Ukwu and it is still there.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by ChinenyeN(m): 3:21am On Jul 21, 2011
700 AD doesn't sound right. Also Igbo-Ukwu is not Nri. It's Isu, though Nri area of influence, while it lasted, also incorporated the Isu.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 3:47am On Jul 21, 2011
You all get it straight so I can get 1 true version.

Nri is aboriginal or not?

Nri descend from igala or not?

Nri kingdom still intact or ended?

which is authority over Igbo, Nri or Aro?
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by amor4ce(m): 3:18am On Jul 22, 2011
The claim of the Nri/Igbo presence in Nigeria predating that of the Yoruba and Benin seems like a recent cook up to me. It also looks like an attempt at unnecessary competition for what is not. Is there any evidence including archeological findings and dates?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by odumchi: 4:22am On Jul 22, 2011
A bronze casted mask was found at an Nri town dated from around the 900s. Google it if you please.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by otapiapia: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
Olukumi is a dead language. Have you asked yourself why there's a deliberate effort to revive it in Aniocha? Those people who once spoke the language have been absorbed.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by rufans(m): 4:19am On Oct 19, 2012
lol?oboy u bad o..mm anyway i'm from onicha ugbo in aniocha north of delta state..and i had a friend then that his name is dayo,but i was wondering whats wrong with this boy?cuz he claims to be a delta boy but he speaks something different from what i speak,cuz the boy is 4rm ukwu-nzu ..any thanks to this post.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by ifyalways(f): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2012
What language do they speak @ ukwu uzo?

Is your friends mom yoruba?
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
ChinenyeN: 700 AD doesn't sound right. Also Igbo-Ukwu is not Nri. It's Isu, though Nri area of influence, while it lasted, also incorporated the Isu.

Really?? Tell me one significant thing you know about Igboukwu other than their bronze casting skills ?? My friend keep your face toward Ngwa and ndoki ppl. Fucking land grabber!! Igboukwu by the way is not the only Nri town known for metal works. Okuzu and Oka was also famous in metal work. Define Isu culture to me.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by ifyalways(f): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Odenigbo, nwayo. Go on and enjoy the weekend with ogoli gi.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
ifyalways: Odenigbo, nwayo. Go on and enjoy the weekend with ogoli gi.

Nne,biko esowuna.Its being a very hectic week in this mudafuker! Onlytruth na PointB si one side na awanye nmadu aka n'anya...lol.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
"Ukwu nzu","Ugbodu","Ubulu-ubu" and "Ogodo" are all Igbo words! Just pointing that out.

Chininye,I'm still waiting for you!!
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by nedu210(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
2many confused people. So sad.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by 19naia(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
if it is about historical tracks,there has been Link of Bantu culture/language to have originated in western Nigeria through to cameroon area,and then spread all the way to south africa area and even beyond..bantu/language is researched to have existed before any other language known...In good theory,all africans can claim link to banto culture and language and origins in central africa of the area now called nigeria and cameroon......maybe the issue tends more to the people who occupy the area now....i dont understand why people would look to historical casting for reason to separate into more states or ethnic groups,when in fact history traces back to the state of Unity among all who then went separate ways...if history is what we look at for how to organize ourselves,the true story would give reason for why all humanity should remove the sense of borders and declare one world and one humanity... [url][/url]http://www.elateafrica.org/elate/history/bantumigration/bantuintro.html[url][/url]http://husky1.stmarys.ca/~wmills/course316/4Bantu_languages.html[url][/url]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120215143001.htm[url][/url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1377150/Every-language-evolved-single-prehistoric-mother-tongue-spoken-Africa.html

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by belltwelve(m): 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
@ op
The people of Lukumi/Anioma were the aboriginal Igbos of Ile Ife. See this link for details:

http://www.igbodefender.com/blog/2012/10/09/anioma-the-igbo-aborigins-of-ile-ife/
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by 19naia(m): 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
belltwelve: @ op
The people of Lukumi/Anioma were the aboriginal Igbos of Ile Ife. See this link for details:

http://www.igbodefender.com/blog/2012/10/09/anioma-the-igbo-aborigins-of-ile-ife/
...........................................--------------------------------------------------------------------,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I like this info. I was interested in the part that said yoruba came from the north and the igbo were already there........I once did a survey of my map oif africa with all the names of towns and cities and other named areas such as ancient unihabited cities such as djenne near Mali....What i noticed is that all the towns with names most similar to yoruba language were in the north of nigeria and moving west into mali and mauritania area....The area names most like igbo were into the congo area and also west of lagos into ghana and so on....There is an area in mali/maurutania desert called IFEOUNE (IFE-OUNE),also there is very near there a place called ARAOUNE (ARA-OUNE)..I was curious that old yoruba title was not yoruba and some stories say they called themselves by a name that means "THE PEOPLE" which in my yoruba dialect is said as "ARA ON" as in "ARA AWON",similar to ARAONE, and its interesting that yoruba settled in a new place that they called "IFE" also similar to IFE-OUNE in the north west deserts of africa....Igbo seems to have a lot more similarities to languages of congo and farther to south africa ( possibly the latest bantu links existing).The similarities are the ones that yoruba does not have to congo and south african area languages such as the use of "N" before other consonants such as in NWATOTO from south africa and NWATURU from Igbo...yoruba does not make those kind of phoneme uses...but yoruba and igbo do share some similarity as in KINI OR GINI to say "what"............ other evidence of yoruba from the north is the facial cut markings that are cut as tribal markings in tribes from north west of nigeria,some are the very same that appear on the head statue of the ancient prince of the IFE founding father...I will look for photos to post here ........[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1XF-AcuhY this youtube video shows the head with the same markings cut to the face of only yoruba kings and also lower north west african warriors of certain tribes
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by TonySpike: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
^^^

God bless you, sir. The Bantus located around Southern and Central Africa areas are obviously the ancient descendants of the people around the Igbo/Western Cameroun areas. I once shared this on a thread about the Bantus in Africa on Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/1013080/origin-bantu-peoples-eastern-nigeria#12683153). One of the easiest ways of identifying Bantu-linked cultures language similarities in the spelling of man, person and child/children. Another way as you have mentioned is by observing the generic similarities in the naming of towns/cities/villages right from Igboland, through Congo, Angola, Namibia, Botswana and down to South Africa. There is an obvious and ingenious way the ancient Bantu migrants have left the trace of their existence all over Africa. It was as if they were fleeing from something very disastrous at the North of Africa. Here is a list of spellings for several Bantu groups around Africa, it's simply amazing. I got the original table from http://www.kaa-umati.co.uk/bantu_rosetta_stones_part_c.htm. I have however modified the table, based on my research, to include countries where these Bantu language groups exist. Enjoy!!!

BANTU GROUP SPELLING FOR PERSON COUNTRIES

Kiswahili-Bantu Mtu DRC, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, Kenya, Somalia and Rwanda

Bemba Bantu Muntu Zambia, DRC

Lingala-Bantu Moto DRC, CAR, Republic of Congo

Oshindonka-Bantu OMuntu Namibia, Angola

Zulu-Bantu Umuntu South Africa, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique

Luvale-Bantu Mutu Zambia, Angola

Rukwangali-Bantu Muntu Namibia, Angola

Setswana-Bantu Motho Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Tsonga-Bantu Munhu Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Southern-Sotho Motho South Africa, Lesotho

Chichewa-Bantu Munthu Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe

Ruknyankore-Rukiga- Bantu Omuntu Uganda

Lega-Bantu Monto DRC

Thimbukushu-Bantu Munu Namibia, Angola, Botswana , Zambia

Kuria-Bantu Omonto Tanzania, Kenya

Shona-Bantu Munhu Mozambique, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana

and now adding,

Igbo Umu (Children) Nigeria (East)
Yoruba Omo (Children) Nigeria (West)
Bini Omo (Children) Nigeria (South)
Igala Oma (Children) Nigeria (Central)

Surprising, the ancient Egyptian way of spelling MAN is MTU. Guess what? The modern English word for it is also MAN.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by 19naia(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
I like that you found a web info source on the subject,studied it and then,MADE YOUR OWN ADDITIONS AND CHANGES TO IT....I really think getting the MEAT of the liguistics lays more in the actual speakers and nationals of the culture.......Its strange that after going down your list of bantu group words for "PERSON",they all seemed to have "U-M-U-T and M...they seem like parts of anagram logic that would allude to the word "HUMAN" which also has cognates of "MANU" there also,human and man refer to "PERSONS"....Its these kinds of expounded list you posted that will also help to show link between indo-european and other language groups of the world.....i posted a link on other topic that showed the extent of Bantu origins being in western nigeria and extending through igbo land and into cameroon,most maps stop at cameroon yet there are places like ancient AFIKPO and Nok in the north that place organized inhabitants in nigeria near the same time that bantu was scattering across africa and particular away from west africa as if they were chased or afraid.......there needs to be a surge of Africans that study world languages and morphology of linguistics as a personal hobby and i would like to see non university purpose publishings made by these enthusiast so the whole world beyond africa can see the continuum of world languages and the evidence of language array from africa........Good on you man...
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by 19naia(m): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
Tony Spike: ^^^

God bless you, sir. The Bantus located around Southern and Central Africa areas are obviously the ancient descendants of the people around the Igbo/Western Cameroun areas. I once shared this on a thread about the Bantus in Africa on Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/1013080/origin-bantu-peoples-eastern-nigeria#12683153). One of the easiest ways of identifying Bantu-linked cultures language similarities in the spelling of man, person and child/children. Another way as you have mentioned is by observing the generic similarities in the naming of towns/cities/villages right from Igboland, through Congo, Angola, Namibia, Botswana and down to South Africa. There is an obvious and ingenious way the ancient Bantu migrants have left the trace of their existence all over Africa. It was as if they were fleeing from something very disastrous at the North of Africa. Here is a list of spellings for several Bantu groups around Africa, it's simply amazing. I got the original table from http://www.kaa-umati.co.uk/bantu_rosetta_stones_part_c.htm. I have however modified the table, based on my research, to include countries where these Bantu language groups exist. Enjoy!!!

BANTU GROUP SPELLING FOR PERSON COUNTRIES

Kiswahili-Bantu Mtu DRC, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, Kenya, Somalia and Rwanda

Bemba Bantu Muntu Zambia, DRC

Lingala-Bantu Moto DRC, CAR, Republic of Congo

Oshindonka-Bantu OMuntu Namibia, Angola

Zulu-Bantu Umuntu South Africa, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique

Luvale-Bantu Mutu Zambia, Angola

Rukwangali-Bantu Muntu Namibia, Angola

Setswana-Bantu Motho Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Tsonga-Bantu Munhu Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Southern-Sotho Motho South Africa, Lesotho

Chichewa-Bantu Munthu Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe

Ruknyankore-Rukiga- Bantu Omuntu Uganda

Lega-Bantu Monto DRC

Thimbukushu-Bantu Munu Namibia, Angola, Botswana , Zambia

Kuria-Bantu Omonto Tanzania, Kenya

Shona-Bantu Munhu Mozambique, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana

and now adding,

Igbo Umu (Children) Nigeria (East)
Yoruba Omo (Children) Nigeria (West)
Bini Omo (Children) Nigeria (South)
Igala Oma (Children) Nigeria (Central)

Surprising, the ancient Egyptian way of spelling MAN is MTU. Guess what? The modern English word for it is also MAN.
I like that you found a web info source on the subject,studied it and then,MADE YOUR OWN ADDITIONS AND CHANGES TO IT....I really think getting the MEAT of the liguistics lays more in the actual speakers and nationals of the culture.......Its strange that after going down your list of bantu group words for "PERSON",they all seemed to have "U-M-U-T and M...they seem like parts of anagram logic that would allude to the word "HUMAN" which also has cognates of "MANU" there also,human and man refer to "PERSONS"....Its these kinds of expounded list you posted that will also help to show link between indo-european and other language groups of the world.....i posted a link on other topic that showed the extent of Bantu origins being in western nigeria and extending through igbo land and into cameroon,most maps stop at cameroon yet there are places like ancient AFIKPO and Nok in the north that place organized inhabitants in nigeria near the same time that bantu was scattering across africa and particular away from west africa as if they were chased or afraid.......there needs to be a surge of Africans that study world languages and morphology of linguistics as a personal hobby and i would like to see non university purpose publishings made by these enthusiast so the whole world beyond africa can see the continuum of world languages and the evidence of language array from africa........Good on you man...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Stroke Ati Diabetes / Nigerian Scams Is it Part Of Your Culture? / First Generation Nigerians In The Diaspora And Self Esteem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.