Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner (1972 Views)

Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer. / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Dayet777(m): 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
Please I need advice on buying my first car, I want Toyota's product to Know about maintenance, fuel consumption and price and I don't know the one to buy between Corolla or Yaris
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Dayet777(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
2003-2008 model
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by aikyg(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Nothing beats a Corolla when it comes to fuel consumption and maintenance. However, if you want a car that is not common, then you should go with the Yaris.

1 Like

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by ZhyonKross(m): 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
aikyg:
Nothing beats a Corolla when it comes to fuel consumption and maintenance. However, if you want a car that is not common, then you should go with the Yaris.
Yaris beats corolla on fuel consumption, good car strong ride too but just unavailablity of spare parts, that's all, parts are hard to find..

7 Likes

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by dadabashua1(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2022
aikyg:
haba bros why you go say this kind thing na...lol corolla is not the most fuel efficient car o,pls easy na,yaris beats it well well self grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by aikyg(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2022
dadabashua1:
haba bros why you go say this kind thing na...lol corolla is not the most fuel efficient car o,pls easy na,yaris beats it well well self grin cheesy
Bro, I understand that English is not our first language. I said, ".. fuel consumption and maintenance." I did not say, ".. fuel consumption or maintenance." See the difference.

1 Like

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Treadway: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2022
aikyg:

Bro, I understand that English is not our first language. I said, ".. fuel consumption and maintenance." I did not say, ".. fuel consumption or maintenance." See the difference.
ok Yaris beats it on both. I own one. Do you?

5 Likes

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Treadway: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2022
ZhyonKross:

Yaris beats corolla on fuel consumption, good car strong ride too but just unavailablity of spare parts, that's all, parts are hard to find..
what parts? I have had mine for 3yrs, serving me well. Whatever parts needed to be changed were easy to find, here in Ibadan at Gate auto market, not even Lagos. Unlike corolla users I haven't changed my engine sha, maybe that is the rare and difficult to find part.
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by aikyg(m): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2022
Treadway:
ok Yaris beats it on both. I own one. Do you?
I've had my corolla for ten years. My friend has scrapped his Yaris.
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Treadway: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2022
aikyg:

I've had my corolla for ten years. My friend has scrapped his Yaris.
then we have a 6 and 9 situation, me you and your friend. Cheers
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by dadabashua1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
aikyg:

lol bros I no sabi English o,but even maintenance corolla is more expensive to maintain, we get the said corolla o. grin grin if you say availability of parts better,how on earth will you say corolla is easier to maintain than yaris?do you know corolla parts are NOT on a cheap side? undecided to shock you ,corolla front driver hub is more expensive than that of lexus RX 350 05/06
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Kaymax2222: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
dadabashua1:
lol bros I no sabi English o,but even maintenance corolla is more expensive to maintain, we get the said corolla o. grin grin if you say availability of parts better,how on earth will you say corolla is easier to maintain than yaris?do you know corolla parts are NOT on a cheap side? undecided to shock you ,corolla front driver hub is more expensive than that of lexus RX 350 05/06
No mind all this corolla fan boys.... They don't know that the law of demand and supply is already making the spare part to be expensive, I have both corolla and Nissan sunny the 2 front shock of corolla cost me 40k original one oo but for the Nissan just 18k but original and not refilled or new one

2 Likes

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:18am On Jun 13, 2022
aikyg:
even civic beats it in everything
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Gravatar: 8:20am On Jun 13, 2022
Person post thread asking for information on specific models

You carry your oversabi come thread dey post irrelevant nonsense, still get mind insult people, because na only you sabi car, and na only you opinions dey important

Fools too much for this section

1 Like

Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Gravatar: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Dayet777:
Please I need advice on buying my first car, I want Toyota's product to Know about maintenance, fuel consumption and price and I don't know the one to buy between Corolla or Yaris

Chief, the Yaris is the most fuel efficient vehicle Toyota manufactures. Small size sedan/hatchback, small capacity engine. The Yaris is unsuitable for physically bigger people, or if you intend to have passengers in the vehicle. It's pretty low too, so depending on your driving terrain, expect constant floor scraping.

Yaris parts would for the most part cost less than similar parts for the Corolla, with some exceptions. The Yaris would also cost less than the Corolla, part of which is due to the demand not being as great as that of the Corolla.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Ignore all the other unhelpful nonsense posted by people who clearly have reading difficulties.
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Dayet777(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2022
I appreciate everyone for your advice thanks so much
Re: Toyota's Corolla And Yaris Which To Buy As First Car Owner by Alexsniz(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2022
Corolla all the way

Meanwhile I fix car AC here in Abuja contact in my signature

(1) (Reply)

I Need a cost effective student oriented car about #300,000 / Car Seat Cover Enquiry / Toyota Rush SUV Has Enjoyed Tremendous Acceptance In Nigeria : Ade-ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.